Thread: 4.2 build number JOP40D.US_epad-10.6.1.14.4-20130329

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    471 times
    Have you tried forgetting the connection on the tablet, rebooting the router then reconnecting?

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleecboy View Post
    I've trawled through about 30 pages of the update page and, have either missed or haven't seen this being mentioned, so apologies if its already been said.

I updated mine to 4.2 everything went fine , but now when i use the pad for the first time after leaving it overnight , the wifi performance is awful. The actual internet connection is ok (still getting 40 ms & 7mb on laptop) but the infinity is giving me a huge ping of about 332ms and about 700 k connection. If I restart the infinity, then the connection returns to normal, until the following day. I have done a cold boot , factory reset x 3 , reinstall, cold boot procedure as listed on here, but still getting the problem. Its like the wifi receiver in the pad needs rebooting after long periods of inactivity. Does anyone else have this? or can anyone give me some ideas? Its not a terminal thing, but its annoying as hell to have to reboot the machine every morning.

Thanks in advance for any help
    As you say you had read through this update thread, I am a little surprised you didn't see the changes to wifi settings that have been mentioned quite a few times.

There are quite a few posts on & around that issue in this thread & as your question relates to this update, this thread is the best place for your post.

For example, there is now an advanced section in wifi settings, with an option to turn off wifi optimisation, as one example.

MikeM's suggestion above is also a good idea, as would be a reboot of your router. You might also consider setting a fixed IP address.

All the best, I am sure others will jump in with some help for you.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    66 times
    It sucks that we have to find work-arounds for our devices. Shouldn't it just work?! I'm seriously starting to consider moving from Android or at least Asus to another Android or even potentially Windows 8 device.

My update ran smooth but my tablet lags a ton from time to time especially when downloading something or updating an app. I love some of the things 4.2 brought but feel that the biggest problem is our Asus tablets have only 1gb of RAM.

Can anyone here say they have tried the other Android tablets and had the same issues with lag or Force closes (which i'm getting a lot of now with 4.2).

I haven't really tried the Nexus 10 but would consider it if it had a micro SD card slot.

I have on the other hand tried both a Surface RT and Asus Smart Tab at the Bestbuy and microsoft stores and they run smooth. I literally was there for 2 hours with my tf700 side by side, testing all my movies files (AVI, MKV, MP4, etc) same with songs and websites, books, PDFs, and just overall performance.

I must say that the Surface RT in addition to being a sexy piece of hardware ran better overall in every area except in apps of course. I'm sure MS will get more apps just like Android matured in their app store. Things just worked on it.

My problem with making the switch to another brand tablet or even platform is that I count my extra battery life from keyboard and ports of course (RT has both micro sd and full USB, just missing the full SD card slot) not to mention I count on my GS3 phone and tablet talking to each other and syncing.

Am I the only one?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    There's a spot on the back of my tablet close to the power button that I noticed gets hot when watching videos, anyone else notice this?

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    111 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Torresjoe77 View Post
    It sucks that we have to find work-arounds for our devices. Shouldn't it just work?! I'm seriously starting to consider moving from Android or at least Asus to another Android or even potentially Windows 8 device.

My update ran smooth but my tablet lags a ton from time to time especially when downloading something or updating an app. I love some of the things 4.2 brought but feel that the biggest problem is our Asus tablets have only 1gb of RAM.

Can anyone here say they have tried the other Android tablets and had the same issues with lag or Force closes (which i'm getting a lot of now with 4.2).

I haven't really tried the Nexus 10 but would consider it if it had a micro SD card slot.

I have on the other hand tried both a Surface RT and Asus Smart Tab at the Bestbuy and microsoft stores and they run smooth. I literally was there for 2 hours with my tf700 side by side, testing all my movies files (AVI, MKV, MP4, etc) same with songs and websites, books, PDFs, and just overall performance.

I must say that the Surface RT in addition to being a sexy piece of hardware ran better overall in every area except in apps of course. I'm sure MS will get more apps just like Android matured in their app store. Things just worked on it.

My problem with making the switch to another brand tablet or even platform is that I count my extra battery life from keyboard and ports of course (RT has both micro sd and full USB, just missing the full SD card slot) not to mention I count on my GS3 phone and tablet talking to each other and syncing.

Am I the only one?
    Actually, the 1 GB RAM is MORE than enough for this tablet. The problem is the GPU and the internal storage controller. The GPU in newer tablets are meant for the higher resolution screen. You must remember this tablet is over a year old, and technology updates, what? every 6 months or so?. The i/o controller was a fail on ASUS part but it was fixed a bit on 4.2. If you are still experiencing lag try performing a cold boot, if that dont work, try reinstalling Android, if that dont work do a factory reset. Make sure you back up everything first, apps, personal data, etc. It should help your performance.

Tylor

Sent from my ASUS Transformer TF700T Infinity Pad Using Tapatalk HD
    Rom: Cromi-X 4.3b4 with _That's V2 kernal
    UPDATE FOR TF700 USERS!!! AND THE 4.2.1 UPDATE http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2204100

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    111 times
    Quote Originally Posted by footyfan365 View Post
    There's a spot on the back of my tablet close to the power button that I noticed gets hot when watching videos, anyone else notice this?
    Thats where the CPU is located. It will get hot when its on high demand. Its normal but if it runs hot all the time you need to perform a cold boot or factory reset. Cold boot first.

Tylor

UPDATE FOR TF700 USERS!!! AND THE 4.2.1 UPDATE http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2204100

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1 times
    I updated my Tf700t yesterday and now my tablet is eating up the battery and randomly freezing up and shutting off wish i had never updated

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tylorw1 View Post
    Actually, the 1 GB RAM is MORE than enough for this tablet. The problem is the GPU and the internal storage controller. The GPU in newer tablets are meant for the higher resolution screen. You must remember this tablet is over a year old, and technology updates, what? every 6 months or so?. The i/o controller was a fail on ASUS part but it was fixed a bit on 4.2. If you are still experiencing lag try performing a cold boot, if that dont work, try reinstalling Android, if that dont work do a factory reset. Make sure you back up everything first, apps, personal data, etc. It should help your performance.

Tylor

UPDATE FOR TF700 USERS!!! AND THE 4.2.1 UPDATE ASUS JellyBean 4.2.1 updates - a warning - xda-developers
    Over a year old? I thought this tablet came out in July?

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    111 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tstarky View Post
    Over a year old? I thought this tablet came out in July?
    I think it was announced in June or something buy still, it is quite outdated. The tablet, even though outdated by newer hardware, also lacks in software because of how ASUS bloats their ROMS.

Tylor

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    66 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tylorw1 View Post

Tylor

UPDATE FOR TF700 USERS!!! AND THE 4.2.1 UPDATE ASUS JellyBean 4.2.1 updates - a warning - xda-developers
    Hmm, well as I was about to respond to this thread my tablet froze and I had to do a cold boot. But I'm a bit unsure about that response only since my wife's Galaxy tab 10.1 from over 2 years ago and still on ICS is working fine and has no lag.

Don't get me wrong when this tablet is on full cylinders it's a thing of beauty but that's not a consistent thing lately. I do know that all and I do mean all PCs/Tablets/ Android, MS or Apple have it's issues and hiccups. But lately it feels like I have to constantly coldboot my system to make it snappy again.

I don't want to have to do that nor go into system settings into apps and check them all the time. I'm just saying it's becoming a pain and I think it's more of an Asus thing vs OS thing.

Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links