Thread: Netflix Audio Not Synced While Using Bluetooth Headphones

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    3 times

Netflix Audio Not Synced While Using Bluetooth Headphones

I picked up a pair of Kinivo bluetooth headphones from Amazon 2 weeks ago and one annoying thing I noticed is that the audio and video are not perfectly synced when using the headphones while watching Netflix on my Infinity. What's weird is I hear the audio a second of so before the actor speaks the words on the screen. It's like watching an old kung-fu movie.

I'm leaning towards believing it's a Netflix issue because my Galaxy Nexus exhibits similar behavior with the Kivivo headphones but has the opposite affect: the audio is delayed half a second after the actor speaks.

On either device watching Netflix while hearing audio from the device speakers has no sync issues.

Has anyone found a solution to this or experienced it with Netflix?

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    50 times
    I have this same issue with my Slingbox and Motorola Droid Razr Maxx with the sound going through a bluetooth to FM transmitter in my car.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    12 times
    Not NetFlix. It's a Bluetooth thing. I don't believe there is a solution as the problem is inherent with Bluetooth.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    79 times
    Yup been a problem for a long time. Guess its a hard one to fix. A lot of apps for playing video now have the ability for you to adjust it. Dunno why Netfux can't add it in to their app.
    Stock TF700T Infinity w/JB Because it will not unlock!
    Rooted with Kingo Android Root
    Apex Launcher Pro
    Fixed Asus & bought Samsung!

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    24 times
    I'd argue against "the argument" that it's a "Bluetooth" problem... JUST BECAUSE, I can watch YouTube videos, or videos from other apps/websites just fine through my bluetooth headphones with no delay in audio. Netflix seems to be the only one affected. I'd agree though, it is very annoying. Over time I've gotten used to it and just don't look at the lips of the actors as much as I do the scene as a whole. It's unfortunate...
    Current:
    Asus Transformer Infinity TF700T 64GB Tablet in Amethest Grey - Rooted/Unlocked and running Cromi-X
    Verizon HTC ONE - Stock for now

Previous:
    Rooted HTC Thunderbolt running Skyraider Zues w/Trident Electra Case

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    3 times
    Geez.. and I was hoping it was possible to fix. Sounds like people have had to deal with this bug for a while.

I am going to e-mail Netflix. However, they have some of the worse customer service when it comes to their Android app. They basically send you a generic replay that covers mostly their Desktop client.

Everyone else should send an e-mail too to pile it on.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    79 times
    Quote Originally Posted by biggbrother View Post
    Geez.. and I was hoping it was possible to fix. Sounds like people have had to deal with this bug for a while.

I am going to e-mail Netflix. However, they have some of the worse customer service when it comes to their Android app. They basically send you a generic replay that covers mostly their Desktop client.

Everyone else should send an e-mail too to pile it on.
    I dropped the service about a year ago when they changed their pricing. A 40% increase for the service I was getting was too much for me to take. I can stop by a Redbox if I really want a movie to watch.
    Stock TF700T Infinity w/JB Because it will not unlock!
    Rooted with Kingo Android Root
    Apex Launcher Pro
    Fixed Asus & bought Samsung!

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by flhthemi View Post
    I dropped the service about a year ago when they changed their pricing. A 40% increase for the service I was getting was too much for me to take. I can stop by a Redbox if I really want a movie to watch.
    Not me. In fact, I kept my streaming service, but in November I added Blu-ray by mail for the Winter months. I usually discontinue Blu-rays when Summer hits. Then occasionally I will hit a Red Box up if I am in the mood for a movie.

I tried the Red Box alternative during the Winter and then a few times I got stuck behind people who apparently have no idea that you can reserve your movies online in advance. So on those 10 degree days, standing behind these people as they browse the available movies in that box while all I need is 30 seconds to pick up my reserved move, I gave up! Between the hassle of driving, waiting, returning... I'll just pay my $8 extra to Netflix for Blue-rays too.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    25 times
    I had heard it was an issue with bluetooth and wifi using some of the same hardware. don't know if that is true or not and the suggestion I read said to turn off wifi when using bluetooth but that wouldn't work with netflix unless you are using bluetooth tethering to get to your internet. I bluetooth tether to my iphone so could try that. At home I use wifi but don't use netflix. I use my bluetooth headset all the time with video but that is with MX player and have no lag.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    50 times
    Or, you can try a wired connection when at home. I use wired for everything now except my phone.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads