Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    9 times

Question Viewing Amazon streaming videos-2013 android 4.1.1

Is there still no way to stream Amazon videos on the Asus Infinity? It requires the now incompatible Flash and I haven't found a suitable work-around, despite several attempts to side-install it.

ANY suggestions.

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Flash is NOT incompatible. I have a link below that will assist you on installi9ng it.

Ironhide
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    39 times
    I just found it does work with dolphin browser but yet it doesn't play very well and it shows only 1 connection bar this is with hi speed ISP and 3 bars on prime with 802.11 N....any idea why prime instant would show only one single bar?

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Another link for Adobe Flash & browser related shenanigans in my signature too...

Amazon Instant - we don't get no Amazon Instant in the UK - we have a service called LoveFilm which is owned by Amazon - that has a nice app on lots of bits of kit - isn't there an app for Amazon Instant? Or is it that Amazon really only want you to use the service through one of their Kindle Fire devices?

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    3 times

Re: Viewing Amazon streaming videos-2013 android 4.1.1

Ironic that the iPad has a dedicated Amazon video app but none on Android yet. Very ironic.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rushmore View Post
    Ironic that the iPad has a dedicated Amazon video app but none on Android yet. Very ironic.
    It's probably not as cryptic as you think - Amazon Instant Movies are not globally available.
    As I said, Amazon own LoveFilm in the UK - but the android LoveFilm app doesn't allow viewing of movies either, it just allows the administration of a LoveFilm account.
    Amazon have their own Android Tablet range - Kindle Fire/HD

Unsurprisingly, they want non iOS owners/users to buy their Android devices to use this service as largely the Fire devices were created to maximise the use of Amazons digital services, as were their Kindle e-readers.

Eventually, they might release an app or allow further functionality, who can say, but I think it will be competition from Netflix that forces it, rather than anything else.
    Last edited by janner43; 02-15-2013 at 03:13 AM.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    18 times
    You can install flash per the above advice, but you won't be happy with it. I have tried many browsers and the audio lags 100% of the time. I googled it and it seems to be an issue specific to the TF700. It worked fine through the browser on my TF201.

Really frustrating to me. I now carry my old netbook that I ditched for my tablet to stream Amazon when I travel. Once I'm done with the series I'm on now I'll cancel my Prime account and stick with Netflix until Amazon pulls their head out of their *** and realizes that having an Android app would only bring in more cash.

In my opinion, most people don't find out Amazon doesn't have a player on Android until they buy a device and find out. How many of those people are gong to run out and buy a Fire for that reason. Not many in my opinion. Especially if you don't care for the dumb down OS and all that you give up form real android. ..sorry, I'm a little bitter.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    8 times
    I installed flash on my TF700 while doing the Jellybean update, I also had it with ICS ... Anyway, I recently bought the Amazon Prime membership and it works rather well for me albeit there is a half second delay with lip sinc with power saver on. If I run the tablet in Performance mode lip sinc is maybe 50% better. I'm running it on Dolphin, havent tried any other browsers. I did notice however that SOME of the movies available for HD viewing are not allowed and I am given the choice of watching in Standard Def.. The one movie I did watch in SD was Ghost Protocol. Being that the screen is only 10 inches the picture was pretty damn good. I watched it on my VIZIO tv [with the registration of the tv via the widgit] .. watched it in HD on that and it was frighteningly clear... Different experience yes, but it's also a 55" screen. I have watched such things such as Star Trek the original series in HD on the tablet and the clarity is shocking. I also use the tablet to output Amazon Prime video to another tv, another Vizio that isnt wireless, hence no widgits.... The output video on that screen is also amazing -- same variable lip sinc issues there as well.

Would LOVE to have an official app for the device so ALL movies can be seen in HD but most is what I have for now so I gotta deal with it. Or am I going to cancel my free month membership? I'll know what I decide in 2 weeks...
    Last edited by cognitoo; 03-03-2013 at 09:32 PM. Reason: typo

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    I've been using Dolphin for quite some time now and haven't noticed any problems. I usually watch TV shows at the public library with their WiFi. Picture and sound have always been fine for HD. I will say that I Googled on how to watch the videos on my tab and they typically do not point to the latest(last) version of Flash, which was 11.1.115.47. It's easily found by going to Adobe's website and searching 'flash android'. Also, running Dolphin 8.5.1, which I guess was the last version to support Flash.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links