Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    2 times

Is it clever to buy it now?

Hello,

As the title says, is it clever to buy this tablet at this time of the year? I am just worried that if I purchase it now Asus will come out with a newer, faster and stronger version in 3 months time?
    Has anyone got inside news in regards to what's planned to be released? I just don't wanna throw my money away so to speak..
    Thank you very much in advance for any constructive replies!

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    26 times
    There will always be something new around the corner. I do know what you mean though. I too have the Prime and thought about possibly upgrading to the Infinity. I decided to at least wait till MWC (February 25) and see if Asus announces anything new. Rumor has it that Asus is planning to announce MeMo Pad 10 there. Even if I'm not interested in MeMo Pad it may lower the prices of current tablets.
    Transformer Infinity Champagne "The Silver Bullet" with keyboard
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - LoserRom

"The human brain is amazing. It starts when when wake up and stops as soon as you get to work."

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2667 times
    When is the best time to buy?

There are pretty much two option: Now or Never.

There is almost ALWAYS a new tablet coming up. Last I heard (September of 2012) Asus was focusing on Windows tablets at the current time. At CES in January, Asus announced a low-end ($150) MeMo 7" tablet. That was pretty much it.

The last week of Feb is the Mobile World Congress in Spain. You may want to wait for that, but IMO, if you want a tablet, and you understand it is NOT a computer and will not replace 100% of what a real computer can do, then I say there is no time like the present. I have an "old" TF101, dual core tablet and it is still screaming along after 20 months of traveling around the world multiple times.

The Quad Core tablets are not going to be obsolete for many years, with the exception of perhaps some high end games. The TF700T is a nice piece of kit.

My advice: Just look for a good price, take the plunge and enjoy!
    bopfan likes this.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    2 times
    Good insights, I was just wondering because I have some liquidity right now and I know that if I wait till MWC the liquidity will be gone, oh well anyway, I guess you're right, thank you for the answers so far

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1022 times
    ...look around too, nice alternatives around.
    cough cough...nexus 10

Something new always coming, read reviews, read reviews, decide what your main use is going to be... compare, boom...buy!
    Goodluck in whatever you decide.
    TF 201 w/dock (4.1.1)
    The Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1 times

Re: Is it clever to buy it now?

One of the more interesting tablet around is the Samsung Ativ Smart PC. It is a copy of the infintiy pad with keyboard docking and so on, I dont know if it has battery in keyboard, but it sure looks nice and its great to have Windows operating system, Android really suck at multitasking and multiwindows apps. Infinity has the best screen on a tablet in the world, but what does that help when Facebook app is HUUUUUGE, and you cant use the screen size very effectivly.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    3 times
    Depends on what you want. I waited for a tablet with an HD screen, SD slot, extra keyboard with more batteries. Those were for me essential and I did not buy a tablet until there was one that had those features. If there is now a better model coming out, I would not really regret having the one I already own. Better models for me are not longer 'must have', only 'nice to have'.
    Swipe likes this.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    2270 times
    Quote Originally Posted by whotheheck View Post
    Good insights, I was just wondering because I have some liquidity right now and I know that if I wait till MWC the liquidity will be gone, oh well anyway, I guess you're right, thank you for the answers so far
    I'd say wait - but then I'd also say that if your ability to buy is likely to disappear because you won't have the money in 2 weeks, then can you really afford to buy anything?

Not meaning to be offensive, you understand, just offering another perspective. If you are likely to be strapped for cash in two weeks, then maybe other things should take priority & then you can see just what April/May brings.
    Rocer likes this.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Android device personal pantheon...
    SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Razr; CnM Touchpad II; Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Motorola Xoom 2 ME; Samsung Tab 2 7.0

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by whotheheck View Post
    Hello,

As the title says, is it clever to buy this tablet at this time of the year? I am just worried that if I purchase it now Asus will come out with a newer, faster and stronger version in 3 months time?
    Has anyone got inside news in regards to what's planned to be released? I just don't wanna throw my money away so to speak..
    Thank you very much in advance for any constructive replies!
    Clever? I dunno. What do you want? The latest and the greatest? A great price on what what was recently a good product? Do you need the latest and the greatest? As was stated, there is always something better just around the corner. I waited patiently for the Kindle Fire HD. Sat through the whole introduction last year. I was most disappointed. The Fire is not a true tablet. It is little more than a dedicated Amazon device.

Now if I was currently poking about looking for a tablet, I would be very strongly considering the ASUS PadPone combo. Y'a get the Infinity, plus dock, plus phone. Wonderful!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    2 times
    A lot of thinking to do.
    My next question is, why is the Asus Infinity LTE not available in any store not even amaz0n???

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads