Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Will Asus get it right with Android 4.2 or is the tf700t a total disaster for them

Roey2000

Angry Will Asus get it right with Android 4.2 or is the tf700t a total disaster for them

Im seriously thinkng of making a big issue about this tf700t thingy..... the question is will Asus save them selfs and get it right with the latest Android 4.2 when it comes

Never been so dissapointed in a tablet that cost so much money... out of all the tabs ive messed around with and they all had A. 4.1 were smooth and buttery, so what is Asus playing at with the Android OS, why rip it apart and installed their own version to make the OS look like a pile of *twinkiedoodles*.... if it is the software or just Asus's hardware.... who knows ?

so if anyone can shed some true light on these issues everyone (individual) is have and different problems everyone is having.... i cant seem to work it out why such a qaud core tablet can be so sluggish....
    Last edited by Swipe; 11-30-2012 at 09:49 AM. Reason: inappropriate language - guidelines of conduct

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    76 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Roey2000 View Post
    Im seriously thinkng of making a big issue about this tf700t thingy..... the question is will Asus save them selfs and get it right with the latest Android 4.2 when it comes

Never been so dissapointed in a tablet that cost so much money... out of all the tabs ive messed around with and they all had A. 4.1 were smooth and buttery, so what is Asus playing at with the Android OS, why rip it apart and installed their own version to make the OS look like a pile of *twinkiedoodles* ... if it is the software or just Asus's hardware.... who knows ?

so if anyone can shed some true light on these issues everyone (individual) is have and different problems everyone is having.... i cant seem to work it out why such a qaud core tablet can be so sluggish....
    I think its the lack of work they do to android that causes it to be laggy rather than too much, for a start their version is almost vanilla, with a few very nice tweaks, but this leads me to think that they may not be optimizing android for their devices very well

Or its the fact that for the majority of the time, its running the android OS on a 500MHz Processor
    Last edited by Swipe; 11-30-2012 at 09:50 AM.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    2320 times
    I'd be the first to say if I thought a particular device was beyond the pale, but in all conscience I cannot say that with the tf700.

Yes there may be issues, and many have experienced the unwanted side effects of them on the TF range, but in all honesty, no device is completely immune to that sort of thing.

Motorola & Samsung have their issues & even Google themselves dropped the ball with the first release of 4.2 on their own Nexus range - I mean we would all like December in our calendar, right?

I think we would all like to know why things go wrong when the OS is updated - but my best guess is that Asus get the customising of the OS to cope with their groundbreaking removable dock working perfectly on the release OS for any device, but then when the OS is updated - the fastest of any OEM - there does seem to be a pattern of similar issues emerging right across the range.

So I guess I am trying to empathise & sympathise with you - but I still think that, in general terms, Asus do a pretty good job. I'd give them points for speed of update & innovative design - but they are not perfect - but then, neither is any other manufacturer.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Android device personal pantheon...
    SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Razr; CnM Touchpad II; Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Motorola Xoom 2 ME; Samsung Tab 2 7.0

Roey2000
    I have to say that the updates maybe a little to quick and in that case not alot of thought put into what we as customers say...... ive also heard alot of people say they have tried to talk to Asus about some of the issues (flickering lines) no real response has been made. I even sent Asus an email to complain about the issue, i got a response saying they had fixed it in the last update which they clearly hadn't.. so i sent another email saying certain things and got no reply..... now i live in Germany, so if its a German thing and as ignorant as some are, i guess its that, that i got no reply..... im really hoping they fix it in the next update 4.2, if not then its defo a hardware problem......... ie flickering lines.... and performance

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    50 times
    I love my Asus TF700 and have no issues with it.

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    423 times
    The biggest problem I see in the transformer line is drivers. The flickering lines you see have to do with the processor. Even the good old tegra 2 on my TF101 has them on jellybean. I think it falls more on the people who make the processors for ASUS not getting the drivers right (which has been a big issue with Linux in general).

Asus does a pretty good job with their lineup, the best thing they do in my opinion is to release the bootloader unlocker tools. I see these tablets as the best development tablets of any of them (with exception of maybe the nexus devices, but it is quite close to them), which may be what ASUS is going for, let the open source community fix things with the drivers instead of waiting for the processor manufacturers to get off their buts.
    Nibiru2012 and Kimonoskunk like this.
    TF101! - Running Domination built on my beautiful ArchLinux box!
    Samsung Galaxy S4 - Stock Sadly...
    Custom Built Desktop - Intel I7 w/ Windows7 & ArchLinux Dual boot - Go LINUX!
    I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. - Vince Lombardi

Great Help Guide Here -> Frederucos Fantastical Forum Favorites
    And Here -> Master Help Guide

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    1060 times
    Interesting article on Tegra 3 - Prime verses Ipad 3. (April 2012)
    Is the new iPad really four times quicker?

From August 2012:
    Tech Analysis: How Powerful is Tegra 3?

September 2012:
    Tegra 3-Kindle Fire

Tegra - Wikipedia:
    Tegra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    2 times

android 4.2 cynogenmod

dudes

totally agree , for the quality of hardware the version of android asus have built needs work, laggy, crashes and is buggy... doesnt really show of what the infinity could be.. which is the best tablet on the market in terms of flexibility .. Now cynogenmod team are releasing nightlies for our tab , has anyone tried it yet ? and is it any good ? bit reluctant to try at the moment as my asus is stacked high with apps and in use all the time, so dont really want to mess with it be honest. unless it is worth it !!

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    58 times
    My TF700 runs great! No issues really. Sometimes an app will lock up or a touch of slowness here and there, but nothing to really get bent about.

I do wish it had 2 GB of RAM but other than that I am quite satisfied.
    I never learned from a man who agreed with me.
    ~Robert A. Heinlein~

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1636 times
    I have mentioned this before. Spending the amount of time I do on this forum has always made be suspicious when I am asked to help with getting the most from a TF when one of my customers got one.

I guess I am really lucky. I bought 3 Primes for one customer and had them in my office for nearly 2 weeks before he was ready for them, (long story) and I expected some kind of problem. None, not one. I now have customers with TF101s, TF201s, TF300s and TF700s with one customer rolling them out 2 at a time for field work and not a one has had any issues I'm aware of and I'm certain I would have heard about it. I have yet to see one with this flicker problem.

The only difference between my customers and many on the forum is that only one is using their TF primarily as an entertainment device. The rest are 90% business app users.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Ads