Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Will Asus get it right with Android 4.2 or is the tf700t a total disaster for them

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by osmosis View Post
    I have not run benchmarks on anything in about 25 years as its not something I personally (for me personally) see as an indicator of whether a device will meet my needs. Raw data points are nice info to see in articles. I installed quadrant free and got a 4126 total with io 1249 which showed the HTC 1x as the only device above that. I wouldn't know how mine compares to other TF 700. I have just shy of 300 apps installed, I dont know if that would affect the score or not. I did notice that when I ran quadrant right after a reboot that the numbers were lower than when I ran quadrant after opening and running 5 or 6 apps. Not sure what the reasoning of that is.

My device is always in balanced mode with the brightness set to auto

I have noticed that some apps just suck. I mean suck battery life and performance. I had installed some that had a visible difference on performance. Once I removed those offending apps performance came back. I also shy away from free apps as it seems (to me) that the ads in free apps use resources. IOS doesn't seem to be plagued by this.

If the performance of your unit is not acceptable, it may be a detective unit.

G

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2
    So you hare happy enough to have a unit that has input/output speeds a quarter of an old Galaxy S2 phone? I'm tired of having non-technical users say their device is fine here when they haven't a clue about it. I've seen people say "its a tablet, it should be slow". Their are serious issues around read/write speeds and this has manifested itself on my device from day one with really choppy browsing and lag. Try playing some music and browsing at the same time. When I open a website like the guardian there will be lots of pauses as it tries to display the page whilst there are no such pauses on my phone.

The only people who don't notice these issues are very light users and those who are not very demanding. Don't come on this forum and say your device is running perfectly if you have pathetic quadrant scores for IO. Benchmarks serve a very good purpose and are used by all the reviewing sites.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    76 times
    Benchmarks are pretty pointless unless they are real world benchmarks such as a page loading time, or game frame rate, and for me, both of these are very good, except for beach buggy blitz which seems to have lag in certain areas at max settings

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    98 times

Re: Will Asus get it right with Android 4.2 or is the tf700t a total disaster

Quote Originally Posted by Buddygunz View Post
    So you hare happy enough to have a unit that has input/output speeds a quarter of an old Galaxy S2 phone? I'm tired of having non-technical users say their device is fine here when they haven't a clue about it. I've seen people say "its a tablet, it should be slow". Their are serious issues around read/write speeds and this has manifested itself on my device from day one with really choppy browsing and lag. Try playing some music and browsing at the same time. When I open a website like the guardian there will be lots of pauses as it tries to display the page whilst there are no such pauses on my phone.

The only people who don't notice these issues are very light users and those who are not very demanding. Don't come on this forum and say your device is running perfectly if you have pathetic quadrant scores for IO. Benchmarks serve a very good purpose and are used by all the reviewing sites.
    OK, for one I am far from non technical. I have years of experience and education in the electronics / computer field. I have ipad2, 3 and acer tabs so i have a good comparison. I have had a tab since ipad1 and touch screen commercial devices before that. As a consultant and expert my recommendation would be for you to get another brand of device. I sense that if your tab made coffee, you still wouldn't be the least satisfied. I cannot comprehend keeping a device that you don't like or doesn't meet your expectations. Just sell it and move on with life.

For websites, are you requesting the desktop version. Is the problem WiFi related ?, do you have rogue apps running in the background consuming resources? My internet speed is 50Mb with n access points on all floors of my house, so in have full WiFi all the time, maybe that is part of your issue.

G

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1 times
    I bought it for €729 and would probably get €500 at a push for it. I'm building a dossier of evidence to bring to asus to hopefully get some sort of redress.

This is the issue. The infinity has lower IO scores than the prime.

Potential I/O Bottleneck Fix for the Transformer Prime – xda-developers

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    76 times
    I bought it for €729 and would probably get €500 at a push for it. I'm building a dossier of evidence to bring to asus to hopefully get some sort of redress.

This is the issue. The infinity has lower IO scores than the prime.

Potential I/O Bottleneck Fix for the Transformer Prime – xda-developers
    probably because more data is being read to feed the higher resolution screen and faster RAM, they probably use identical chips

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    I think you will find the "problem" with the asus infinity tf700 is the type of nand memory used in the device. basically downloading will slow the device. Asus Transformer Pad Infinity — Review | Ausdroid those suggestions to use a micro sd card would alleviate most issues.
    Last edited by CanOBeans; 12-19-2012 at 04:22 AM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    12 times

So tired. So sad. So condescending.

I could be considered a "non-technical" user. I think my device is just swell. Really swell. (You'd be surprised at what I do for a living, "non-experienced" I all be.)

Mebbe you should'a got yourself something with more horses under the hood, like a Dell XPS laptop and pretend you are on the E-Autobahn in the left lane. Zoom-zoom, baby.

The tablet is not a PC. The tablet is not a laptop.

But this little tablet has expanded my e-capability quite a bit, what with all the new kewl stuff integrated within. Waiting hard for my Bluetooth portable speaker system to get in my paws; a Xmas present to myself.

Sho' nuff' the table has it's limitations. See above.

However, it is difficult to haul the PC into the dumper room to catch up on the morning's news or check the weather.

Next year, it will be better and faster.

It's all in what you want to do.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1041 times
    --This thread is getting awfully close to spinning it's wheels into lockdown folks--

And this is not aimed at any one poster, let's remember this is merely a tablet we are discussing.
    Guidelines of Conduct .... Please keep things respectful. Thankie
    Nibiru2012 likes this.
    TF 201 w/dock (4.1.1)
    The Master Help Guide

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    At this point my TF700T has a single lacking from my perspective and that is in the 'browsing' performance. It does everything I wanted a tablet to do for me which was to provide instant access to the internet, instant access to my various email accounts, instant access to my 'excel', 'word' and 'pdf' files, instant access to my network hard drives as well as provide viewing of pictures and videos. I also have a Ipad4 which was made both software and hardware wise to function as a very fast internet platform. My experience with both my TF700T and my Ipad4 is that the Ipad4 does a better job in its primary designed function of internet consumption. My TF700T in all other areas is better suited and its performance proves it to me. I have made a practice of not 'rooting' any of my tablets or phones. I am sure that either of my tablets if 'rooted' would improve its performance. I however choose not to 'root' my devices so that I can do a standard comparison between my tablets.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    57 times

Re: Will Asus get it right with Android 4.2

My tablet has been flawless. Non rooted and lag free. I feel for you guys that are enduring these problems. Jeeeeeeeesh.
    ~THE TRANSFORMER INFINITY -- THE NEXT TRANSFORMATION~

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Ads