Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Will Asus get it right with Android 4.2 or is the tf700t a total disaster for them

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I'm also dissapointed in the TF700t's performance. Aside from the great screen and build quality it doesn't feel like an upgrade speed-wise from my TF101. I would accept that I must have unreasonable expectaions if I didn't own an Android phone. I get better performance from my SGS2 running 4.1.2. How can my old phone outclass my quad core tablet in Android? I could accept the occasional flickering lines, but the tablet is so inconsistent. A factory reset stopped the daily RRs (still happens a couple a times a week) and freezes and cold boots help, but sometimes it's just so sluggish and quirky. Sometimes it's a joy to use. I'll be interested to see how I feel once I get the Nexus 4. Asus has been very good to us with updates and I'm grateful for their great service, but I'm starting to think it's going to be Nexus or nothing for me. I'm really glad they are selling well (go Android!) And I'm glad some people get a great experience. I'm just dissapointed I'm not one of them.

Roey2000

Re: Will Asus get it right with Android 4.2 or is the tf700t a total disaster

Exactly, i reboot windows every 6 months...... but in my experience every week with anroid mmmmm is a bit to often to hve any decet pleasure of being an android owner.... i have often thought about going Apple ipad and even getting an Apple imac...... like i say hope 4.2 Android sees an improved OS with better thought put into taking advantage of the power on these tf700's and Tegra 3's in general.......

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Is the TF700 a way for Asus to make money out of a hardware spec that is also used for the Asus TF600 VivoTab running Windows RT....

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    2111 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CanOBeans View Post
    Is the TF700 a way for Asus to make money out of a hardware spec that is also used for the Asus TF600 VivoTab running Windows RT....
    I doubt it given that the tf700 was released months before the tf600...

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ Android Guides - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Android device personal pantheon...
    SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Razr; CnM Touchpad II; Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Motorola Xoom 2 ME; Samsung Tab 2 7.0

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Considering we had a jump from TF300 to TF700, sounds like the Windows RT based TF600 was developed first!!! Anyone want to see if the direct comparison is to own both of these. Same HW, different OS

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    100 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wozza365 View Post
    I love my TF700, and I think its a lot better than anything else out there, but I think you are wrong about the sales part, the problem is, that Asus doesn't like to produce very many of their tablets, therefore they have a shortage every time a product is released, that is why retailers are scrambling to get them, because Asus doesn't produce them quick enough unlike companies like Apple who use Foxconn who have factories al over the world
    As long as ASUS is producing and selling to meet their objectives, they are going to be satisfied. My point was that retailers have not had to discount the TF700 significantly to move the stocks they have been able to get. Consumers want and are willing to pay close to "list" price to get a TF700. Whether or not the TF700 is the best designed, performing and/or manufactured product in the eyes of some owners posting on internet forums, after all is said and done it is definitely a commercial success for ASUS. Since the OP's question was if it would "be a total disaster for them", it would appear, from what is happening in the marketplace tht the answer is a resounding "NO".
    Swipe likes this.

Roey2000

Will Asus get it right with Android 4.2 or is the tf700t a total disaster for them

I like my tf700t, just a little upset that some updates put the device down a little.......... new firmware coming soon ive heard

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    I'm just saying, after my trial and tribulations with my 101 and then several different tablets and settling on my N7 I don't think I will buy anything but a nexus again.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
    TF101 Transformer 32Gb

Roey2000

Will Asus get it right with Android 4.2 or is the tf700t a total disaster for them

Quote Originally Posted by FXSarge View Post
    I'm just saying, after my trial and tribulations with my 101 and then several different tablets and settling on my N7 I don't think I will buy anything but a nexus again.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
    Yes i heard Nexus are very good, i messed around with one in the shops i was very impressed with the performance..... but is the performance just as good with a load of apps installed

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    2111 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Roey2000 View Post
    Yes i heard Nexus are very good, i messed around with one in the shops i was very impressed with the performance..... but is the performance just as good with a load of apps installed
    As Android is fully open source with far fewer controls than iOS, while the majority of Android apps are great, the quality of some apps leaves something to be desired (not that there aren't duff apps on the Apple App Store, mind you, because there are). The other factor to bare in mind is that whenever Google bring out a new version of Android, many apps have to be tweaked to make them work properly. The speed that this happens varies greatly between developers. This leads to variable results that folks experience on their devices - poor apps sometimes lead to poor performance & user experiences. Take Adobe Flash Player - the official line from Adobe is pretty much "it isn't supported on Jelly Bean. It might mess things up if you install it" Now, I know that most folks think that is hogwash & install it anyway - but what if they are right? You get my point - Asus or Google have no control over what users install - that is the nature of the Android open system. If Apple don't want something installed, that's it. it is removed from the App Store & you can't get it. Open vs Closed. Freedom vs Control.

At the end of the day, the only advantage that Nexus devices have is that they run pure Android with nothing added, tweaked or taken away. They get updates as soon as they are available - faster than any other android device.

But this does not make them immune from problems. The initial release of 4.2 was not a good one. 4.2.1 is out now - but only exists really to fix the quite significant bugs in 4.2.

At the end of the day, along with any other electronic gadget, where you buy it from is just as important as what you buy. If and when you have issues that mean you are unhappy with whatever device it is that you have bought, you need somewhere who will do something for you rather than having to go through the hassle of a RMA experience - which, quite frankly, is sometimes a royal pain.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ Android Guides - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Android device personal pantheon...
    SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Razr; CnM Touchpad II; Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Motorola Xoom 2 ME; Samsung Tab 2 7.0

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Ads