Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Will Asus get it right with Android 4.2 or is the tf700t a total disaster for them

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    2266 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bfmetcalf View Post
    The biggest problem I see in the transformer line is drivers. The flickering lines you see have to do with the processor. Even the good old tegra 2 on my TF101 has them on jellybean. I think it falls more on the people who make the processors for ASUS not getting the drivers right (which has been a big issue with Linux in general).
    My feelings exactly bf. interestingly, one of the articles Swipe posted - Nvidia Responds to Kindle Fire HD Performance Claims - makes exactly the same point. The SoC can be as fantastic as you like, but if the drivers are flakey then the best results are not available.

My personal view is that - in common with everything we can buy - car, computer, TV, hifi, oven, heater - if you get a good one ( and 9/10 are good ones) everything is fine, but if you get a not so good one then you may well be disappointed.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Android device personal pantheon...
    SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Razr; CnM Touchpad II; Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Motorola Xoom 2 ME; Samsung Tab 2 7.0

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    I can see flickering line too, in some aaps more, in others not at all. And i encounered sleep of death twice.
    Other big isue is speeker, mono on a backside...total bust.
    The rest has been working great so far.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    74 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic1 View Post
    I can see flickering line too, in some aaps more, in others not at all. And i encounered sleep of death twice.
    Other big isue is speeker, mono on a backside...total bust.
    The rest has been working great so far.
    I haven't had any problems with my speaker, very powerful, sound quality is great and I can hear it fine when its facing away from me, and thats only at 50% volume

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Well I will add my 2 cents worth at this point. I have had the TF101, TF201 and now the TF700. I use my tablets for business or 'non-gaming' 'non-rooted' activities. I have had zero issues with the TF101, a single GPS issue with the TF201 which Asus addressed and zero issues with my current TF700. I use my tablet as a replacement Netbook/Laptop for generally simpler activities and leave the heavy duty activities for my Asus UX31E Ultrabook with Windows 7 as its OS. I generally like to push my tablet use age to the limit just to see what the current tablet will withstand. Every OS update for each of my tablets presented me with no issues. All of the updates were done OTA as well as all of the smaller tweeks Asus did along the way. I find nothing wrong with Asus from my standpoint as a hardware or software supplier and will continue to buy their products.
    janner43 likes this.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    4 times

Re: Will Asus get it right with Android 4.2

Tf700 have big lags, specially in browser. Tf700 works like a very cheap tablet.this is my third transformer(tf201,tf300) and it is a big disappointment. My hope is in new 4.2 jb. Really, they should work better on these updates.

Sent from Asus Infinity tablet
    Last edited by MILJAN; 12-02-2012 at 12:34 PM.

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    98 times
    Roey

You and a few others may be displeased with the TF700, but they are still selling robustly in the US, and retailers are scrambling to get more stock to meet the level of demand. For "Black Friday" and similar holiday sales, the TF700 has only seen 10% discounting, when discounted at all. That's not my opinion, but based on conversations with buying managers at two major electronics retail chains.

If thats a "total disaster" then you have been using a totally dictionary than most of the population.

Believe or not, the sound of the cash register determines success, not the whining of forum posters. Right now, that cash register sound is drowning you out - and for good reason.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    74 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator47 View Post
    Roey

You and a few others may be displeased with the TF700, but they are still selling robustly in the US, and retailers are scrambling to get more stock to meet the level of demand. For "Black Friday" and similar holiday sales, the TF700 has only seen 10% discounting, when discounted at all. That's not my opinion, but based on conversations with buying managers at two major electronics retail chains.

If thats a "total disaster" then you have been using a totally dictionary than most of the population.

Believe or not, the sound of the cash register determines success, not the whining of forum posters. Right now, that cash register sound is drowning you out - and for good reason.
    I love my TF700, and I think its a lot better than anything else out there, but I think you are wrong about the sales part, the problem is, that Asus doesn't like to produce very many of their tablets, therefore they have a shortage every time a product is released, that is why retailers are scrambling to get them, because Asus doesn't produce them quick enough unlike companies like Apple who use Foxconn who have factories al over the world

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    4 times

Re: Will Asus get it right with Android 4.2

Quote Originally Posted by Aviator47 View Post
    Roey

:-) I don't care about selling... it's just my opinion and experience about this device...

Sent from Asus Infinity tablet

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jimgfitzgerald View Post
    I love my Asus TF700 and have no issues with it.

I have been verry happy with my TF700 so far, it has run every app I have put on it and has not crashed once. I have noticed a couple of the flickering black lines but they have been so few and far between that IMO it would be silly to complain about them. I have not noticed any lag to speak of but I am the type that reboots fairly often.
    Last edited by mkelsey6; 12-02-2012 at 03:33 PM.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    74 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mkelsey6 View Post

I have been verry happy with my TF700 so far, it has run every app I have put on it and has not crashed once. I have noticed a couple of the flickering black lines but they have been so few and far between that IMO it would be silly to complain about them. I have not noticed any lag to speak of but I am the type that reboots fairly often.
    You are getting rid of a large majority of the problems with your last statement, this is the problem, android devices (and every other phone/tablet) are like PCs, if you want to get good performance you should reboot regularly and Windows still recommends a reboot after installing some applications to increase performance

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Ads