Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Will Asus get it right with Android 4.2 or is the tf700t a total disaster for them

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    76 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Darnell View Post
    I'm another of those with none of the issues some others have mentioned.

I'm curious about the mentioned "black lines" issue though. I have not notice such an issue with my own device. But has anyone posted video of their device displaying the issue?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

It is so difficult to see with the eye that I doubt a video camera would catch it. If I get the chance in the next few days I'll attempt it with a cam corder. Don't hold your breath tho

Meanwhile, THIS is how you might get to see it on your own tablet. (Post #92)
    Stock TF700T Infinity w/JB Because it will not unlock!
    Rooted with Kingo Android Root
    Apex Launcher Pro

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    3 times

Re: Will Asus get it right with Android 4.2

Quote Originally Posted by flhthemi View Post
    It is so difficult to see with the eye that I doubt a video camera would catch it. If I get the chance in the next few days I'll attempt it with a cam corder. Don't hold your breath tho

Meanwhile, THIS is how you might get to see it on your own tablet. (Post #92)
    I've seen it now in the mail app. It does not seem to occur with everything. I'm on Tapatalk HD right now and the whole screen is white and there are no black lines appearing. It's probably an issue with some apps in relation to the high resolution screen.

It's so faint an issue, I don't even consider it an issue. Certainly not something that could be captured on camera. I've had this thing months and just noticed and had to TRY HARD just to see it.

If that's the best complaint folks have, we're doing pretty good.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    45 times
    Not real issue with my TF700. I have had mine for a few months, use my tablet allot. I consider myself pretty Android literate. I have had some hands on with both iPad and the Samsung Galaxy tablets and would not trade mine for either of them. I have done some "soak testing" for Motorola over the past few years, when comparing OS stability on releases from Motorola and ASUS, I am pleased with what ASUS has done thus far. For those that are new to forums and catch some of the "passion", keep in mind that there some power users who by nature find things that others will not. Good news is you'll find some great tips and advice
    'dawg

"Stargate Mobile": TF700 run'n Jellybean 4.2.2 & TF201 Dock
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 run'n Jelly Bean
    "never take life to seriously, you'll never get out alive"

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    76 times
    I will NEVER buy anything that has the Motorola logo on it again. They just totally abondoned their customers on the Backflip and now the Photon phone. Should have been up to JB on the Photon but they just walked away and let it die.
    Stock TF700T Infinity w/JB Because it will not unlock!
    Rooted with Kingo Android Root
    Apex Launcher Pro

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1 times
    I got an RMA for mine, sent it in and have had it back since Friday. Total turnaround time 2 weeks (I sent it UPS Ground).

The problem I sent it in for has been fixed (not working/malfunctioning user-facing camera, constant Gallery shut-downs).

I did not accept/install the latest firmware update. Until and unless it's 4.2, I won't do it. :-)
    Darnell likes this.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    45 times
    Quote Originally Posted by flhthemi View Post
    I will NEVER buy anything that has the Motorola logo on it again. They just totally abondoned their customers on the Backflip and now the Photon phone. Should have been up to JB on the Photon but they just walked away and let it die.
    Yea, they did that with the Bionic as well.. Announced RAZR then abandoned the Bionic. I'm tracking towards a HTC DNA right now, but figured I may wait a month or two to see whats coming. Prefer to have something with removable storage. Have a friend who got the ZOOM tablet, he's been less than happy with it. Seems to always be a contest to beat someone else to the latest/greatest Android OS release, then you get some junk OS releases out there. Was chatting with a friend at Google, he seems to think this will settle down some now that the Android OS is maturing and JB is out there. Of course, the vendors will always be pushing for an edge on the competition
    'dawg

"Stargate Mobile": TF700 run'n Jellybean 4.2.2 & TF201 Dock
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 run'n Jelly Bean
    "never take life to seriously, you'll never get out alive"

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    3 times

Re: Will Asus get it right with Android 4.2

Quote Originally Posted by GrkStav View Post
    I got an RMA for mine, sent it in and have had it back since Friday. Total turnaround time 2 weeks (I sent it UPS Ground).

The problem I sent it in for has been fixed (not working/malfunctioning user-facing camera, constant Gallery shut-downs).

I did not accept/install the latest firmware update. Until and unless it's 4.2, I won't do it. :-)
    Thanks for letting us know the total turn around time. I always wondered what it was, although I'm not having issues.

Quote Originally Posted by bluezdawg View Post
    Prefer to have something with removable storage.
    I am looking to get a phone sometime this year and also want something with removable storage and an easy to replace battery. It seems Samsung is the only one making devices with both these days.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    21 times
    My theory is that all manufacturers are, or think they are, up against the competition and instead of testing things properly before they are launched they feel that they must rush things into the market place to keep up. The trouble with that is that it's the umble enduser who is left to pick up the pieces, I seem to remember a number of years ago a certain well known European car manufacturer launched a small people carrier, and it was soon discovered that if it was driven in and out of a line of cones at moderate speed it literally fell over, it was quickly recalled for modification !.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1 times
    I have had my share of tablets also I just went from the iconia a501 to the Asus Tf700 and I have not had any issues with this tablet in fact I think Asus knocked all other tablets right out DA box !! My TF-700 Rocks !!
    Quote Originally Posted by Roey2000 View Post
    Im seriously thinkng of making a big issue about this tf700t thingy..... the question is will Asus save them selfs and get it right with the latest Android 4.2 when it comes

Never been so dissapointed in a tablet that cost so much money... out of all the tabs ive messed around with and they all had A. 4.1 were smooth and buttery, so what is Asus playing at with the Android OS, why rip it apart and installed their own version to make the OS look like a pile of *twinkiedoodles*.... if it is the software or just Asus's hardware.... who knows ?

so if anyone can shed some true light on these issues everyone (individual) is have and different problems everyone is having.... i cant seem to work it out why such a qaud core tablet can be so sluggish....
    Last edited by bfmetcalf; 02-19-2013 at 08:36 PM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by siins View Post
    I have had my share of tablets also I just went from the iconia a501 to the Asus Tf700 and I have not had any issues with this tablet in fact I think Asus knocked all other tablets right out DA box !! My TF-700 Rocks !!
    I mean this guy Roey2000, he mentioned several things on here, to try and clear his head about the fact of laggy, and not so smooth,

but since the last f/w update, i think things are going smoother and going in the right direction other than still the flickering lines, which i also see not all of us are getting, im certainly not going to make any Unnecessary comments on here to then maybe wrong, people have have their individual problems and enough said really... i hope that when 4.2 comes it clears the flickering lines....

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Ads