Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: [FAQ] TF700-Slow and Sluggish Response - what to do?

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtanner00 View Post
    At this point ASUS has blocked all root exploits that don't involve unlocking the bootloader. You will need to flash SuperSU in recovery to use this app.
    Towelroot still works on the locked 10.6.1.14.10 bootloader. But only version 1 (v1) which seems to be hard to find on the web.
    Anybody need it, just PM me and I send you a link to my Dropbox. Can't post it here. @swipe would smoke me
    Last edited by droidbound; 10-13-2014 at 01:02 AM.
    Gtanner00 and stefanbillieri like this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times

Factory Reset

Hi,

Have noticed quite a slowdown; tablet is actually sluggish. At the peril of asking a question that has been addressed previously, I would like to pose two straight-forward questions:
    • First, what is the step-by-step procedure to do a factory reset?
    • What is lost -- are apps or local data erased?

Again, I apologize for asking something that may have been previously addressed

Thank you very much

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Check out the Master help guide.

[HOW TO] Perform a Factory Reset

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    9 times
    Thanks for this additional information.

This morning I came across this news at All the New Stuff in Android 5.0 Lollipop and at BBC News - Google readies Android Lollipop release I read "...There's this notion of what we call garbage collection - the system is managing the memory for you and once in a while it has to collect unused memory and free it up for applications," he explained. "In the past, with Dalvik, garbage collection could actually take longer than it should have - I'm talking milliseconds, but in terms of a CPU [central processing unit] that's a long time.....What that would result in were temporary glitches, like an animation jumping and not being quite as fluid as it needed to be. .....In Art we've optimised the runtime to make garbage collection very quick and the glitches much less common than before."

So I'm wondering whether I should wait with unlocking, rooting, etc. in case the new Android will (a) become available on the tf700t tablet soon and (b) will speed up the tablet by improving its garbage collection.
    stefanbillieri likes this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pacman View Post

This morning I came across this news at All the New Stuff in Android 5.0 Lollipop and at BBC News - Google readies Android Lollipop release I read "...There's this notion of what we call garbage collection - the system is managing the memory for you and once in a while it has to collect unused memory and free it up for applications," he explained. "In the past, with Dalvik, garbage collection could actually take longer than it should have - I'm talking milliseconds, but in terms of a CPU [central processing unit] that's a long time.....What that would result in were temporary glitches, like an animation jumping and not being quite as fluid as it needed to be. .....In Art we've optimised the runtime to make garbage collection very quick and the glitches much less common than before."

So I'm wondering whether I should wait with unlocking, rooting, etc. in case the new Android will (a) become available on the tf700t tablet soon and (b) will speed up the tablet by improving its garbage collection.
    The TF700 did not get KitKat. Why do you think Asus would release a Lollipop update? I would eat my hat publicly on YouTube if the TF700 gets any official update
    But more likely than not, the dev community will port Lollipop to this tablet if it is possible at all. So you would have to unlock anyway..

Plus, you don't have to wait for ART. CROMi-X and CROMBi-KK both run just fine on ART. Not all apps work on ART but that's something the app developers have to fix.

Quit procrastinating! Unlock and rom that baby!

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by droidbound View Post
    Quit procrastinating! Unlock and rom that baby!
    You're right. I need to stop procrastinating. Tomorrow, maybe.

No,seriously, I've taken your reservation on board and will probably have to take time off and bite the bullet.

Developer
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    50 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pacman View Post

It is a very nice information that you found... If you set your kernel to reserve more memory than the default setting, you don't see the glitches that you mentioned above. Moreover, garbage cleaning is very low in priority so it works behind the scene/background when your CPUs are not busy. You don't want to reclaim your physical memory when you need them because it will cause the glitches. You may want to reclaim ahead of time and ready when your device wants to use them. I hope that helps..

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    9 times
    I installed CyanogenMod 11 - about 3 months ago as far as I can remember - and am running Android 4.4.4. It transformed the Transformer. It was so slow as to be virtually unusable. Now it is not as fast as my PC but fast enough to be very usable. Browsing is still a little slow but not so slow as to be unusable. From time to time it slows down and I can never discover the reason but then I just re-boot (takes a couple of minutes while I take the proverbial coffee and do some filing) and then its like new again.

The added bonus for me is the granularity of the settings under CyanogenMod, particularly restricting access of certain apps to certain functions.

I don't know whether this information is of any use to anyone else in the sense that the speed of the device may depend on the apps which are loaded, particularly apps which run in the background downloading stuff such as weather, news streams, etc. but I would definitely recommend CyanogenMod.

I have no financial relationship to CyanogenMod or its creators. Just gratitude for saving what would otherwise have been an expensive paperweight.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links