Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cattblue

Thread: General user questions....keyboard, clicking, etc.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    2 times

General user questions....keyboard, clicking, etc.

Hey guys,

I'm exploring my tablet more and more, and loving and hating it. However, since it's android based, I figured that the "hating it" parts are easily remedied! So, that's where you guys come in to play.

First up - The keyboard dock. So, when I'm typing on a forum like this one, I lose my ability to use signs such as !@#$%^&*. When I try to type an exclamation point, I hit *shift 1*. All that does is move the webpage down a bit, and jump my cursor to the front of the sentence. Very frusterating. Any ideas?

Second - Clicking on something. Every now and then, when I try to click a link (such as a google search result) it won't click it. Rather, a box pops up and zooms in extremely close to what I'm attempting to click on (like a magnifying glass). Any ideas?

Third - Posting a picture on forums. I tried to post a picture on a forum. To do this, I went to photobucket and hosted the picture. Now, on my Droid X, I can long hold to copy something, or in photobucket...just click the image tag. On the Infinity, neither worked. I literally have no way of copying the image tags I need. Any ideas?

Fourth - Using a PS3/Xbox 360 controller to play games. I plugged one in to use on Dead Trigger and it worked, kinda. I could move all around but couldn't fire. Any ideas on how to program the controllers? No clue where to go for these settings...

Thanks!!! I'm sure I'll have more, but that's it for now lol.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    2 times
    Ooooo, I remember another one!

I want a folder on my desktop, to store the shortcuts to all of my games. Is there a way to do this? I know I can on my X.....

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    2 times
    Damn it, remembered one more! I have double email icons for my gmail on my infinity....So, everytime I get a new email, I get two notifications.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    38 times
    I can help with quistion 4, The controller settings for dead trigger are within the game. Tap the cog icon in the top right corner & you can assign buttons there. I use a ps3 pad...

Welcome to the forum...
    rmorse likes this.
    Its mind over matter - What does it matter never mind - by me

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattblue View Post
    I can help with quistion 4, The controller settings for dead trigger are within the game. Tap the cog icon in the top right corner & you can assign buttons there. I use a ps3 pad...

Welcome to the forum...
    Dude....you're awesome. I would put an exclamation point behind that sentence, but I'm using my tablet,so I can't lol. Anyway, just played a bunch of Dead Trigger, with a real controller. Ha. It was awesome.

Super Moderator & Forum Sleuth
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1118 times
    Photobucket, I find copying IMG tags tricky there too...

That image is hosted there. To copy the tag, I had to open my folder--then click on the image, it opens in a new window...then I see the wee image tag url/box, have to press it, press and hold it, press it again etc. Never gets it the first time. (This is in both Boat Browser & Dolphin HD.) All I can suggest is that, click the image in the folder to go to the new window....and try a different browser and see what works better.

The keyboard dock 'shift' characters that won't show up?
    Has it always been that way or has it just started to occur?
    Perhaps it's having a conflict with another app if it's just started to goober.
    Not sure if a cold boot would help it, but it wouldn't hurt.

Double email icons? Um, on your homescreen or something?
    Can you not long press & hold one, drag it to the top of the screen?
    I'm not sure about that...stock email I'm guessing. Don't know why there would be doubles.

Folder Shortcut...Always recommend this, ES File Explorer. Free at Google Play and an awesome file manager with great options. Wanna short cut? Open ES, point to the folder/file/pic/vid/tune and long press....'Shortcut' option appears and booyah, you've got it on your homescreen. Dunno who first pointed me to that wonderful app, but I thank them anonymously every day.
    Last edited by eejit; 10-31-2012 at 10:25 PM. Reason: stepped in gum.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by eejit View Post
    Photobucket, I find copying IMG tags tricky there too...

Glad I'm not the only one...

That image is hosted there. To copy the tag, I had to open my folder--then click on the image, it opens in a new window...then I see the wee image tag url/box, have to press it, press and hold it, press it again etc. Never gets it the first time. (This is in both Boat Browser & Dolphin HD.) All I can suggest is that, click the image in the folder to go to the new window....and try a different browser and see what works better.

Thanks, I'll play with it tonight. I thought I was doing that though.

The keyboard dock 'shift' characters that won't show up?
    Has it always been that way or has it just started to occur? Since day one.
    Perhaps it's having a conflict with another app if it's just started to goober.
    Not sure if a cold boot would help it, but it wouldn't hurt. Can't hurt, I'll give it a shot.

Double email icons? Um, on your homescreen or something?
    Can you not long press & hold one, drag it to the top of the screen?
    I'm not sure about that...stock email I'm guessing. Don't know why there would be doubles.

I'll take a couple screen shots tonight to show you what I'm talking about.

Folder Shortcut...Always recommend this, ES File Explorer. Free at Google Play and an awesome file manager with great options. Wanna short cut? Open ES, point to the folder/file/pic/vid/tune and long press....'Shortcut' option appears and booyah, you've got it on your homescreen. Dunno who first pointed me to that wonderful app, but I thank them anonymously every day.
    Thanks so much!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links