Thread: TF700 Dock - Discontinued??

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy TF700 Dock - Discontinued??

Well, I was planning my purchase of Infinity + Dock. But over the last few days, the grey dock has been listed as "Discontinued" at B&H!

ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity TF700 Keyboard TF700T-DOCK-GR B&H

Grrrr...

Has anyone else heard about this?

The Champagne dock is only listed as "Out of Stock". So I wonder if the Grey dock has been accidentally mis-labelled as Discontinued. Hope so, because I really don't like the Champagne.

I was also waiting until the MS Surface RT started shipping in the hopes that ASUS would cut the price of the Infinity a bit. Looks like I waited too long! Unless ASUS is planning to make a surprise announcement about a new product.

Exciting times these...

Dave

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dave9t5 View Post
    Well, I was planning my purchase of Infinity + Dock. But over the last few days, the grey dock has been listed as "Discontinued" at B&H!

ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity TF700 Keyboard TF700T-DOCK-GR B&H

Grrrr...

Has anyone else heard about this?

The Champagne dock is only listed as "Out of Stock". So I wonder if the Grey dock has been accidentally mis-labelled as Discontinued. Hope so, because I really don't like the Champagne.

I was also waiting until the MS Surface RT started shipping in the hopes that ASUS would cut the price of the Infinity a bit. Looks like I waited too long! Unless ASUS is planning to make a surprise announcement about a new product.

Exciting times these...

Dave
    Asus IS prepping for a new tablet soon with an optional dock also...

It's the windows 8 tablet space every device maker is running to, or at least the RT model for now. I'm sure that's currently their focus right now...

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    I am in the same boat. Are they releasing a new dock? Or are just discontinuing the dock and giving up on the infinity?

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    100 times
    The TF700 dock has been in a state of flux and update since the original release.

I would wonder if ASUS has released a new stock number for the dock (at least newer than the number for what B&H had on hand), and B&H's inventory system simply shows the old ASUS part number as "discontinued"? A lot would depend on the nature of their purchasing/inventory software and how their purchasing dept might input updates. E.g. - B&H sold out existing inventory, and when Purchasing went to re-order, a new stock number arose. Thus, the old one was "discontinued" and their system is awaiting arrival of the new number before it gets entered into inventory.

Another possibility: This is the time of year when electronics retailers are stocking up, preparing pricing and setting sale item limits for "Black Friday", and all kinds of weird inventory crap happens to accommodate this, both at the manufacturer level and the retailer level. My son-in-law, who was a major accounts manager for a big consumer electronics manufacturer, has told all kinds of hysterical stories about "Black Friday" antics.
    Last edited by Aviator47; 10-25-2012 at 07:52 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    The thing is, lots of other retails computer store are showing out of stock or back ordered. One computer store has it, but is charging a $30 premium for it. And it's still 3 weeks shipping. My guess they are coming out with a new model. But asus usually likes to brag about new stuff and I haven't seen anything on the net.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    0 times
    That's really frustrating that just when the market starts getting busy with new and interesting tablet options (Surface, new iPads, Nexus 10), that ASUS neglects the Infinity. They should countering these new products with better marketing and advertising because the Infinity (IMHO) is still better than any of the new models. Instead, they discontinue one of the KEY components and fall silent on the replacement.

Hopefully, maybe they are just getting ready to replace the dock with a new part number and SKU, in response to the ongoing TF201/TF701 confusion, wouldn't that be a nice resolution.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    98 times

Re: TF700 Dock - Discontinued??

Device lifespan is decreasing rapidly. The reality is at a month your device is obsolete. Unfortunately at 6 months its an antique. I'm not sure when a 500.00 item became a disposable, but if we are not there, we are rapidly approaching that stage. As of tomorrow with the new DCMA rulings, its rather a non issue here in the us, as we are considered licensees of our devices and not owners. You purchased a revocable right to use the device, but you do not own the device ( although you probably assumed you purchased a device - you were granted a hardware license in effect.). So since I am "leasing" devices, I have just figured at two devices a year, my "lease" budget is about 1200.00 /yr or 100.00/mo for the privilege of using a tablet.

That being said, I'm not surprised docks are becoming not available.

G

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    172 times
    Here is a stock tracking page for TF700 dock : Clicky

By the way you can use TF201 Dock.
    Last edited by Swipe; 10-29-2012 at 07:45 AM. Reason: typo

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    100 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMightySnake View Post
    Here is a stock tracking page for TF700 dock : Clicky

By the way you can use TF201 Dock.
    Best Buy's site says that the grey dock is available in all the stores in the Norfolk, VA area, even thought the nowinstock site says "out of stock". BB also says an order for one will ship in one business day.
    Last edited by Swipe; 10-29-2012 at 07:45 AM.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    1000 times
    Quote Originally Posted by osmosis View Post
    Device lifespan is decreasing rapidly. The reality is at a month your device is obsolete. Unfortunately at 6 months its an antique. I'm not sure when a 500.00 item became a disposable, but if we are not there, we are rapidly approaching that stage. As of tomorrow DCMA rulings, its rather a non issue here in the us, as we are considered licenseesl devices and not owners. You purchased a revocable right to use the device, but you do not own the device ( although you probably assumed you purchased a device - you were granted a hardware license in effect.). So since I am "leasing" devices, I have just figured at two devices a year, my "lease" budget is about 1200.00 /yr or 100.00/mo for the privilege of using a tablet.

That being said, I'm not surprised docks are becoming not available.

G

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2
    So help me out here. I read the new DCMA rules and they only talk about rooting phones and tablets. I didn't see anything about being a licensee. And what does this have to do with the availability of KB Docks?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads