Like Tree4Likes

Thread: TF700 Dock - Discontinued??

Ironhide
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    139 times
    I haven't been able to find any retailers in Canada (online) who have Infinity docks.....most are listed as "out of stock", some say out of stock but they'll get more soon, and others say discontinued.

There are apparently some in the U.S. who still have them. I've tried several searches....but having it shipped to the border, stored there, driving down to pick it up, and coming back is a bit of a pain, and I'm unsure what the warranty status would be.

Beyond that, I'm curious about whether there may be negative effects to using a US dock on a Canadian tablet, or if ours are the same?

PAB5204
    ASUS TF700 and dock
    Linksys E4200 Router
    Galaxy S3
    iPhone 4S
    iPad Gen 1

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Visions.ca has some in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by PAB5204 View Post
    I haven't been able to find any retailers in Canada (online) who have Infinity docks.....most are listed as "out of stock", some say out of stock but they'll get more soon, and others say discontinued.

There are apparently some in the U.S. who still have them. I've tried several searches....but having it shipped to the border, stored there, driving down to pick it up, and coming back is a bit of a pain, and I'm unsure what the warranty status would be.

Beyond that, I'm curious about whether there may be negative effects to using a US dock on a Canadian tablet, or if ours are the same?

PAB5204

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    1059 times
    I bought my tablet and dock through Visions retail store. Looks like they are offering free shipping.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    I ordered one Wed from an EBAY vendor with excellent ratings and got it today. It is marked as working with a TF201 and TF700. Looking new in box - got is for $129 and free shipping. Now waiting for my TF700T from Amazon.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by iflyrc5 View Post
    I ordered one Wed from an EBAY vendor with excellent ratings and got it today. It is marked as working with a TF201 and TF700. Looking new in box - got is for $129 and free shipping. Now waiting for my TF700T from Amazon.
    iflyrc5, how is the box labeled with the UPC Sticker for this dock? Does is say "Model: TF201 Mobile Docking" or is there a sticker over that area that says Model: TF700T Mobile Docking"? Also, under the serial number, does it say "TF700T Mobile Dock/US/Gray"? That seller has very good feedback and also has the best price. I just want to make sure it is the correct dock before I buy. There have been a lot of posts indicating compatibility problems with early docks not locking properly with the TF700T because they really were TF201 docks. Thanks for your help on this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    I have not opened the box yet but it looks like there is a sticker on the box that says compatible with TF700T and the UPC label on the back of the box says TF700T Mobile Dock. My pad is do for delivery from Amazon next Tuesday so I can let you know how the fit is next week if you are interested.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by iflyrc5 View Post
    I have not opened the box yet but it looks like there is a sticker on the box that says compatible with TF700T and the UPC label on the back of the box says TF700T Mobile Dock. My pad is do for delivery from Amazon next Tuesday so I can let you know how the fit is next week if you are interested.
    Thanks, that is good news. I believe that if it has the sticker on the UPC label that says "Model: TF700T Mobile Docking: it is the correct one that fits the Infinity. I would definitely like to know how it works with your new Transformer Infinity. I believe that the problem people have mentioned is how the latch works to lock the pad to the dock. If it snaps to lock easily, it is the correct dock. If you have to push the latch over, it is the wrong one. I would also be interested to know if it came with a full US warranty and if the manual is in English.
    Thank you very much, I really appreciate your help on this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    FWIW...I have the TF201 dock for my infinity and I do not need to manually slide the lock into place, it clicks/snaps in perfectly.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi folks, new to Android and to the TF700 (of course that follows the first one). I bought the TF201 dock from Best Buy (Canada) without noticing it wasn't the 700 dock (the website didn't offer any other dock). The sales counter guy didn't make mention of it either. It works fine for me, except that the tablet is loose within the dock connection; I figure if I can find some adhesive foam rubber it might help. The only other complaint I have (besides the fact that I get some weird key inputs I didn't think I'm keying in, since upgrading to 4.1.1) is that it's the "bilingual" version, so some of the keys are in weird places (the backslash, the tilde/backwards apostrophe, etc).

Ironhide
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    139 times
    When you got it at Visions.ca, did they send you the TF201 or TF700 dock?

PAB5204

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Ads