Thread: Speed improvements for TF700 with non rooted JB

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    2 times

Speed improvements for TF700 with non rooted JB

After almost 2 months of using TF700 I have a few findings concerning the speed and smoothness which I hope could initiate discussion about tweaks for non rooted devices.
    First of all I have to say that I was disappointed with choppy and laggy TF 's behaviour regardless of installed system (it doesn't matter if I had ICS or JB). After some improvements I'm much happier now but not as much as I expected. I have still some lags in browser and random delays on home screen. The Asus keyboard works badly (Android counterpart works fine but also with visible delays). For the time being the only method improving something is to terminate and remove some services and applications affecting system performance. But only those which one can stop without root access.
    Secondly the device should work better and better (according to some people) but it seems to run worse and worse abreast the number of installed applications. You can clear cache, prevent from auto starting and clear memory every a few minutes but overall result will be still very bad.
    And finally I have noticed that a few persons provide constatly the same remedy for choppy device - factory reset and cold reboot. I made it but apart from losing data and time I didn't get significant improvement.
    So, if you could share any efficient method to make our TF700 more responsive and smooth I will be appreciated. I look forward to hearing about tweaks for non rooted device.
    cognitoo and Grabfly like this.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    7 times

Re: Speed improvements for TF700 with non rooted JB

mines had become very laggy. To the point where i was going to sell it. Someone on XDA convinced me to root and and install a rom to see if i noticed an improvement. I rooted 4 days ago, and this device has been great. No issues whatsoever. The browser is fast. No lag, No crashes. It performs how it should have performed out the box.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
    cognitoo likes this.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by timrock View Post
    mines had become very laggy. To the point where i was going to sell it. Someone on XDA convinced me to root and and install a rom to see if i noticed an improvement. I rooted 4 days ago, and this device has been great. No issues whatsoever. The browser is fast. No lag, No crashes. It performs how it should have performed out the box.

If you installed a custom rom, you didn't "root" your device, you "unlocked" it.
    There is a big difference between the two.
    If you root your device, you still can't install a custom rom on it.
    Rooting your device basically gives you access to files and directories that you didn't have before, but your bootloader is still locked and encrypted. So no custom roms.
    But rooting does allow you to use different apps that utilize those privileges.

They easily get mixed up on the TF forums, but I just wanted to clarify that to prevent bad info getting propagated.
    zAlbee likes this.
    Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 (KitKat 4.4)
    Ex-Archos 70IT 8GB (Froyo)
    Ex-Transformer Pad Prime 32GB Grey (ICS, S/N BCxxxxxxxxx)
    Transformer Pad Infinity 32GB Grey (JB, S/N C7xxxxxxxxx)
    Transformer Pad Dock AD01 Grey (FW: DOCK-EC21N-105, S/N CAxxxxxxxxx)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    2 times
    Wow, nobody can't speed up TF700? Very sad. On xda forum a number of disappointed people is growing very fast too. Could you help me and others, please?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by timrock View Post

ahhh, thanks for the clarification. this is slightly new to me. I did both then, unlocked and rooted.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times

Re: Speed improvements for TF700 with non rooted JB

What rom did you install to improve performance?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    2 times
    My firmware is a standard one. I havent made any modification like unlocking or rooting. Currently I have JB v10.4.4.16. I only terminated some apps and services recommended in Disable Apps (Bloatware) to speed-up and stabilize! - xda-developers.
    All tegra 3 games are working flawlessly now but home screen shifting and general responsivness is very poor.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Have you noticed a difference with unplugging the dock? That seems to be an issue with the Infinity.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    2 times
    I usualy use my device not connected to the dock. Nevertheles I don't see any difference between plugged und unplugged from the dock.

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    467 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cyborg1888 View Post
    Wow, nobody can't speed up TF700? Very sad. On xda forum a number of disappointed people is growing very fast too. Could you help me and others, please?
    Rooted stock here. No idea what lagginess you were speaaking of. Mine is buttery smooth. After the jb upgrade, even the stock browser wait or force close is gone. Havent seen it at all.
    URL Removed by Jeffrey

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links