Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times

SanDisk Ultra microSDHC 32GB card does not read

I realize similar issues have been posted recently, but they seem to have been resolved by updates. I bought a TF700 a couple of weeks ago and just purchased today a SanDisk Ultra microSDHC 32GB card. The TF700 did not recognize the card. I had the same brief flash of "Preparing . . ." but the card icon does not show in the bottom right corner most of the time. A couple of times it does seem to read but I cannot read files on the card or write files to the card. The remove icon is non-responsive in those cases. I have inserted the card with the tablet off and then powered up and inserted it while on. Neither results in a readable card. I have reformatted the card as FAT32 and as NTFS and then inserted the card with power on and off. The tablet tells me that there are no updates available. I am using build IML74K.VS_epad-9.4.5.26-20120720. I should also mention that an old 2gb off-brand microSD card does work.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1636 times
    Welcome to the forum

It would appear that your last sentence is the story. I would say that even though the card appears OK to your PC that there still may be a defect in the card that's keeping your TF700 from reading it properly.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    11 times
    I have two of these cards in my TF700 and before that my Prime. I have had no issues with these. I bought 4 originally and 1 was defective (would show up on PC but had issues with writes). I had to return that one in the end.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rynoc View Post
    I have two of these cards in my TF700 and before that my Prime. I have had no issues with these.
    Same here I have several of these cards. "The SanDisk 64GB Mobile Ultra MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 30MB/s Memory Card with SD Adapter (NEW VERSION)" from Amazon. Amazon is selling these at some amazing prices. But this particular one has been flawless for me. I just make sure to format them mounted on the tablet. If I format them on my PC, I just make sure I use FAT32 and no issues.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    6 times
    And how can you format it when it is in the tablet?

Quote Originally Posted by SyITec View Post
    Same here I have several of these cards. "The SanDisk 64GB Mobile Ultra MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 30MB/s Memory Card with SD Adapter (NEW VERSION)" from Amazon. Amazon is selling these at some amazing prices. But this particular one has been flawless for me. I just make sure to format them mounted on the tablet. If I format them on my PC, I just make sure I use FAT32 and no issues.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegleg View Post
    And how can you format it when it is in the tablet?
    Wow, I thought this should have been easy-peasy but its not done the same way it was in pre-HC. BTW, hello fellow Washingtonian or as we say here Wershengtonian (sic)!!
    Last edited by negatron; 08-25-2012 at 09:01 PM.
    ALL HAIL NEGATRON!!!!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    I too have had issues with my microSD card. I have a Lexar 32GB Class 10 microSD card fat32 that came with a little USB adapter. I spent a couple hours getting all my tunes organized on it, when it put it in my TF700 I too got the brief "Preparing to mount..." then it just disappeared. When I got the card hooked up to my PC, windows prompted me that the card needed to be formatted...*sigh*

I put in a support request to asus to see if it might be my infinity thats the problem or something else and all I got back was a vague response saying "According to some feedback, class 10 is not supported now. Thanks for your understanding." Which is a joke because while I was waiting for their response I managed to get it working fine in my infinity. The only thing I did differently was I just yoinked the usb adapter out of the PC without "safely removing". I've been able to plug my adapter in a couple times, transfer files and put it back in my infinity (without "safely ejecting") and it has been working perfectly fine.

I'm not sure if the safely ejecting thing is valid or if its just a random fluke haha but could be something to try. I haven't played around enough with it yet to see if thats really the issue or not but hope something works out for you!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SyITec View Post
    How do you format it on the tablet if the tablet doesn't recognize the SD Card?

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    50 times
    I had to format my 32GB in FAT32 to get it to work. It works in my TF700 and my wife's Windows7 laptop, but not my Windows XP laptop.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times

Re: SanDisk Ultra microSDHC 32GB card does not read

There's a program for PCs called "sd-formatter", try formatting it using that in your computer first.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads