Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: The TF700 64gb microSD card thread (covers 32gb too)

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    1053 times
    Merged your Anyone get 64GB micro card to work in tablet? thread with this one "64 Gb card issues" as it was an appropriate place to ask this question. You are posting nearly identical threads covering the same posts/ and topics. This type of behaviour is against forum rules.
    Last edited by Swipe; 08-21-2012 at 03:48 PM.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    6 times
    Mine is San Disk Ultra 64GB microSDXC I and is listed on SanDisk web site as being compatible with the Infinity. I'll try formatting in fat32 and see what happens.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    I have the same 64G Micro SDXC 1 card. My TF700 crashed the first time I put it in. I called Asus and they didn't have a clue as to what could be wrong. I sent the tablet back and received a newer TF700T 64Gig Tablet with the latest firmware which I believe is 2.6 and the same 64g micro SDXC card is now recognized, I can transfer pictures (about 12 megs each) to the card without problems. When I try to read and display the images the tablet just goes blank. Occasionaly it will display an image. When I look at the files in file manager there are no thumbnails displayed. Here again an occasional thumbnail will be displayed. If a thumbnail is displayed the tablet will display it veeeery slowly. If I try to open an image in file manager where a thumbnail isn't available the display just goes blank. If I put the same micro sdxc card in an adapter and put it in the keyboard everything works properly with no issues. I have a 32GB SDHC (not XC) card on order to see if this makes any difference. There is definately a firmware problem with every one of these tablets. The reason I purchased this tablet verses another brand is because it has HD capability and an internal micro sd card slot.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    6 times
    My PNY 32GB MicroSD-HC works fine. Seems like anything XC has serious problems. Hope ASUS finds a fix.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    7 times

re: The TF700 64gb microSD card thread (covers 32gb too)

Quote Originally Posted by cboyle3652 View Post
    I have the same 64G Micro SDXC 1 card. My TF700 crashed the first time I put it in. I called Asus and they didn't have a clue as to what could be wrong. I sent the tablet back and received a newer TF700T 64Gig Tablet with the latest firmware which I believe is 2.6 and the same 64g micro SDXC card is now recognized, I can transfer pictures (about 12 megs each) to the card without problems. When I try to read and display the images the tablet just goes blank. Occasionaly it will display an image. When I look at the files in file manager there are no thumbnails displayed. Here again an occasional thumbnail will be displayed. If a thumbnail is displayed the tablet will display it veeeery slowly. If I try to open an image in file manager where a thumbnail isn't available the display just goes blank. If I put the same micro sdxc card in an adapter and put it in the keyboard everything works properly with no issues. I have a 32GB SDHC (not XC) card on order to see if this makes any difference. There is definately a firmware problem with every one of these tablets. The reason I purchased this tablet verses another brand is because it has HD capability and an internal micro sd card slot.
    how is the card formatted? i had this problem while using ntfs and exfat. after switching to fat32, everything was fine.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    6 times
    Where did you format the card to FAT32? I believe it is a problem with the micro card reader in the tablet. I put the 64GB card in a Kingston USB adaptor and plugged it into the usb slot in the dock and everything worked fine. That was formatted NTFS btw. Have a power slot adaptor that I'll have to try with the 64GB card plugged into the power slot on the tablet. Hope ASUS is pursuing this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by timrock View Post
    how is the card formatted? i had this problem while using ntfs and exfat. after switching to fat32, everything was fine.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegleg View Post
    Where did you format the card to FAT32? I believe it is a problem with the micro card reader in the tablet. I put the 64GB card in a Kingston USB adaptor and plugged it into the usb slot in the dock and everything worked fine. That was formatted NTFS btw. Have a power slot adaptor that I'll have to try with the 64GB card plugged into the power slot on the tablet. Hope ASUS is pursuing this issue.
    the slot on the keyboard works fine will all cards. I havent had a problem with that. i formatted the card using my pc, i use Ubuntu.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    6 times
    I have also used the ASUS power port adaptor along with the Kingston USB/SD adaptor and plugged into the Tablet power port and the 64GB micro card worked fine. It has to be an issue with the micro card port in the tablet.

How do I contact ASUS with this feedback?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    7 times
    I have also used the ASUS power port adaptor along with the Kingston USB/SD adaptor and plugged into the Tablet power port and the 64GB micro card worked fine. It has to be an issue with the micro card port in the tablet.

How do I contact ASUS with this feedback?
    They are aware of the issue. I contacted them thru facebook, others have sent messages thru the companys website. Hopefully, it will be fixed soon. The company is pretty good with pushing out updates. I would expect to see it sometime after we get JB, whenever that is.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    3 times
    How can I format it in the tablet when the tablet doesn't recognize it?
    I have a Sandisk Ultra SDXC 64GB formatted to exfat and it works in my Infinity. If you have a windows 7 computer, thats where you format it.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Ads