Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times

Lag while using bluetooth with netflix or hbo go

Hello, Is anyone else experiencing huge amounts of lag/buffering/poor video quality while using a bluetooth headset and streaming any sort of video? I know the BT/WIfi chip is shared but I was wondering if I had a defective unit or does everyone have this issue?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    3 times
    I will definitely give this a try tonight and update my post. I would hate to have this issue.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    2 times
    I just streamed an episode of the Ricky Gervais show from HBO GO. No problems at all. The entire episode ran from beginning to end without buffering once.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    3 times
    no buffering but the pixels were a problem...just didnt look HD to me...coming from 720p res on my phone with Verizon 4G i assume its just the streaming from my wifi but I have a dual-band high speed router and a modem known to boost speeds from comcast so idk when the deal is

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    5 times
    The first night I had my new TF700 I streamed from Netflix without any issues in voice / screen sync, but from time to time the screen would go WAY low on resolution, but then come right back with a good quality picture.

Then while doing the same thing last night, I had major voice / screen sync issues. I tried to pause restart the show, I closed Netflix and reopened and resumed the same show and it was still an issue. I even rebooted the 700 without any correction.

The screen resolution issue popped in a few times over the course of the show as well.

I'll try it again tonight and see if the issue is still there. This does worry me a bit...

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    3 times
    I confirmed HBO GO with my motorola bluetooth SF600 there was sync issues between video and sound. Very dissapointing but I believe it may be the HBO GO app. I used the BT headset with youtube and the web browsers and didn't notice the sync issues.

at the time of testing I was getting 18 mb dl and 13 ul via wifi connection.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by user311 View Post
    Hello, Is anyone else experiencing huge amounts of lag/buffering/poor video quality while using a bluetooth headset and streaming any sort of video? I know the BT/WIfi chip is shared but I was wondering if I had a defective unit or does everyone have this issue?
    Wait what? The BT and Wifi chip are the same? First I've ever heard of this. I would like some more resource material on that subject if possible. Back to your question though...I have never used a handset or tablet for that matter, including IOS devices, that DIDN'T have an audio sync issue over Bluetooth with Netflix, Hulu, or HBO Go.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SonofJohn View Post
    Wait what? The BT and Wifi chip are the same? First I've ever heard of this. I would like some more resource material on that subject if possible. Back to your question though...I have never used a handset or tablet for that matter, including IOS devices, that DIDN'T have an audio sync issue over Bluetooth with Netflix, Hulu, or HBO Go.
    Hense my suggestion in the APP forum that someone needs to have a "sync" app that you load and then "adjust" or delay the video to the monitor to sync with the sound. I'm not a programmer, but I think this could be done quite easily.

My Yamaha 3800 receiver has a lip sync setting to allow the sound to match the lips on the TV. I'm sure that other manufacturers have the same feature. But if they need it running through all the electronics now a days, why not a tablet or smartphone?

Just a thought...

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links