Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    13 times

TF700 and BlueTooth Audio sync lags

Hi guys ,

I own a TF201 Prime and I'm considering to get also a new TF700 .
    With the TF201 connected to a Monster BlueTooth Speaker I face audio lags . The sound has a 1sec lags and it makes it pretty much unusable when watching movies .
    The problem is not the speaker because with other devices , for example with my Motorola XT910 Razr phone , works great and no lags . So , I assume that the problem should be OS of the TF201 or a internal Hardware problem which cause this lag .

I would like to ask the owners of TF700 if this audio lag with BT devices is present also at TF700 .

Tnx in advance !

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times

yup

Mine has had BT lag issues. At least with my Jambox and my 903+ headphones. only things I've tested are BS player and ShadowGun Tegra 3. They both lagged significantly (1-2 seconds). playing a movie straight from the gallery however with the native video player, it seemed in sync.

So its possibly a processing issue (bells n whistles of BS player, and tegra 3 graphics with Shadow Gun). Still quite disappointing though. I figure Bluetooth has been around long enough. New devices, especially $500 devices, should be able to handle transmitting some BT audio in this day and age.

Perhaps Jelly Bean will magically fix something!

One can only hope.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by skedmond View Post
    Mine has had BT lag issues. At least with my Jambox and my 903+ headphones. only things I've tested are BS player and ShadowGun Tegra 3. They both lagged significantly (1-2 seconds). playing a movie straight from the gallery however with the native video player, it seemed in sync.

So its possibly a processing issue (bells n whistles of BS player, and tegra 3 graphics with Shadow Gun). Still quite disappointing though. I figure Bluetooth has been around long enough. New devices, especially $500 devices, should be able to handle transmitting some BT audio in this day and age.

Perhaps Jelly Bean will magically fix something!

One can only hope.
    My TF201 also had this issue, when watching a movie from the network, with a pair of Plantronics Bluetooth Headsets. The audio would be off about 1-2 seconds. Playing with regular wired headphones worked fine. I was hoping this would be resolved in the 700 devices,and I'm not sure if the 201 ever got a fix for this, although it was a known issue back when I had my Prime.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by maherj View Post
    My TF201 also had this issue, when watching a movie from the network, with a pair of Plantronics Bluetooth Headsets. The audio would be off about 1-2 seconds. Playing with regular wired headphones worked fine. I was hoping this would be resolved in the 700 devices,and I'm not sure if the 201 ever got a fix for this, although it was a known issue back when I had my Prime.
    And to clarify, I'm talking about my TF700. So yes, also a problem with Infinity.

Ads