Like Tree27Likes

Thread: The OFFICIAL "I got my Asus Transformer Infinity" thread

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    been reading the forums here for awhile, but finally decided to register....wife got me the 700 for valentines day!
    didn't want to start a new thread in the deals section since i'm not sure if it's common knowledge, but best buy price matched amazon at $438.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1012 times
    ...good on ya for joining bstreezy, some of us have been writing directly to you in the hopes that you would.
    Glad you got the message. Nice gift!! Welcome...enjoy the boards.
    TF 201 w/dock (4.1.1)
    The Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    I just got my 700 from Amazon on Tuesday and am loving it. I joined this forum as part of my research and finally pulled the trigger a week ago. Gray 64 GB with added 32 GB micro SD (why not?). The keyboard dock ships separately and hasn't arrived yet. The blessing in disguise is that I'm learning to work the tab with finger & stylus first, before adding the keyboard. I don't have any of the problems that some have mentioned. My first app was Dolphin, so my browsing experience has be wonderful. Looking forward to chatting with you all and learning more about android and the mobile life.
    Cheers from NoVa.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    419 times
    Welcome bstreezy and notdabomb! Congrats on your new toys. Lotsof great info and wonderful folk on these boards, be sure to have a read through the master help guide for some helpful tips.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1 times
    Ha, I sure agree.....have had my TF700 and dock (From OD) for a month now and the first time I installed a micro SD card it went in fine. Then I removed it and could not get it to stay back in. Pushed it in and it kept popping out. Thought the spring or whatever was broken took it back to OD and ended up looking foolish. The young salesperson inserted the card and it stayed in on the first try. That is when he showed me he had finger nails and how you have to use a finger nail to insert it gently into the slot. Duh, I have no finger nails, guess this tablet was designed by a female! Any way now if I am careful I can get it to stay in without any problems after a try or two. Learn something every day.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1 times
    Hello, i'm new to the thread. Got my tf700 almost 3 weeks ago. I'm new to the tablet world. So far i love my tablet. Still need some help because i have no idea what i am doing. LOL. I am an Occupational Therapy student. What apps do you recommend college students have as a MUST HAVE? How can i keep these ads from popping up ad the oddest times? My tablet is seeming to already get slow, I have Avast on here, how can I get it to speed back? I have read the Master form about 5 times now. LOL i just need some help. Oh and how do i put a signature for my tablet? You know the ones that say sent from my Asus TF700t? thanks!

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    55 times

The OFFICIAL "I got my Asus Transformer Infinity" thread

Quote Originally Posted by Chena83 View Post
    Hello, i'm new to the thread. Got my tf700 almost 3 weeks ago. I'm new to the tablet world. So far i love my tablet. Still need some help because i have no idea what i am doing. LOL. I am an Occupational Therapy student. What apps do you recommend college students have as a MUST HAVE? How can i keep these ads from popping up ad the oddest times? My tablet is seeming to already get slow, I have Avast on here, how can I get it to speed back? I have read the Master form about 5 times now. LOL i just need some help. Oh and how do i put a signature for my tablet? You know the ones that say sent from my Asus TF700t? thanks!
    Hi and welcome the forums. There is a Wealth of knowledge on here about your device so enjoy. As far as the signature for your tablet, many people use tapatalk which allows you to set up your signature.

Tapatalking

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    39 times
    For me, this thread is very similar to the "welcome thread" on the main forum listing, but I'll just copy and paste what i wrote there

As soon as I bought my Infinity, I signed up to this forum. Great place and lots of info!

Since the purchase, I use my laptop a lot less. I work for a couple car dealerships as an internet manager, and can do most of my work from my Tablet. Craigslsit marketing (is a headache lately with their new flagging enhancements), ebaying, and website updating.

I like that it weighs a lot less than my 17.3" Toshiba Laptop as well

I still use the laptop for photochopping, but not nearly as much as I used to.

I'm also running 4.2.1 and have noticed some greater speed differences. I have no issues with my Asus at this time

Current home screen:

Skie likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Well, received my Infinity, Dock, Cases (for with and without dock), 2 x 64GB SDXC Cards, Extra Chargers and extra Data Cable (massive bargain on eBay) on Friday. At first power on it updated to 4.2.1 and I was suitably impressed with the performance although, given I was coming from a no-name Tegra2 running a highly custom CM10.1 build, the Infinity was bound to seem fast!

Anyway, I held out for all of 24 hours before I rooted it using the motochopper method, which worked perfectly. I then replaced SuperSU with Koush's ClockworkMod SuperUser (purely because I know it and like it). So far, all is good, I've restored a few of my games/apps from my old tablet using Titanium Backup and I must say I'm impressed so far.

Now, how long can I hold on before I unlock it and go down the custom rom road........
    Last edited by KingfisherUK; 04-21-2013 at 10:47 AM.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    102 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KingfisherUK View Post
    Well, received my Infinity, Dock, Cases (for with and without dock), 2 x 64GB SDXC Cards, Extra Chargers and extra Data Cable (massive bargain on eBay) on Friday. At first power on it updated to 4.2.1 and I was suitably impressed with the performance although, given I was coming from a no-name Tegra2 running a highly custom CM10.1 build, the Infinity was bound to seem fast!

Anyway, I held out for all of 24 hours before I rooted it using the motochopper method, which worked perfectly. I then replaced SuperSU with Koush's ClockworkMod SuperUser (purely because I know it and like it). So far, all is good, I've restored a few of my games/apps from my old tablet using Titanium Backup and I must say I'm impressed so far.

Now, how long can I hold on before I unlock it and go down the custom rom road........
    One question many many think of. I assure you, if there was a performance difference between your old tablet and this one, who knows how much better it can get(I do! I do!)

Tylor

Sent from my ASUS Transformer TF700T Infinity Pad Using Tapatalk HD
    Rom: Cromi-X 4.3RC2 with _That's V2 Kernal
    UPDATE FOR TF700 USERS!!! AND THE 4.2.1 UPDATE http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2204100

Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Ads