Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: [OFFICIAL] TF700 JellyBean Thread - IT'S HERE!

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2670 times

[OFFICIAL] TF700 JellyBean Thread - IT'S HERE!

With the announcement of Android 4.1, Google has spilled the beans (literally)
    on their new OS codename Jelly Bean. It is available on the Nexus7 natively, and has already been ported over to the Galaxy Nexus (and many more to come).

It has lots of great new features, and it is faster than ICS and rivaling iOS for its buttery smoothness.

As of now, no official announcements from Asus have been made as to whether or not the cool new OS will be officially ported to the TF700. Since this is a Tegra 3 device (same as the Nexus7), and has not been see very often in the wild, it will probably be the first Asus tablet to get JellyBean. We will keep the first post updated with the latest information that we can find.

Feel free to discuss the rumors you can find about JellyBean and the TF700 in this thread.

UPDATE 1: Looks like an unofficially official list of who is getting JellyBean is here: http://www.gottabemobile.com/2012/07...et-jelly-bean/ And the TF700 is on the list.
    Thanks for the link Muzz!

UPDATE 2: Asus has released the following information:
    Quote Originally Posted by ASUS

Dear valued ASUS customer,

At ASUS, one of the key commitments we make to our customers is a relentless drive to deliver the best user experience. We constantly strive to achieve this goal through our 'Design Thinking' philosophy that includes regular software and firmware updates for our products.

We are pleased to announce that many of our tablet products are scheduled to receive an update to Android 4.1, Jelly Bean. The ASUS Transformer Pad, ASUS Transformer Pad Prime and ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity are all scheduled to receive Android 4.1 updates in the coming months. We will provide further guidance on our expected timeframes for these updates near their release.

We are still investigating Jelly Bean updates for other devices, but we are not in a position to confirm whether any other products will be eligible for an update at the moment.

Thank you for your continued support.

ASUS
    As we suspected, this confirms that the Infiity, TF300 and TF201 should be getting JellyBean in the near future. No official word on when the TF101 and SL101 will be munching on jelly beans though.

Source: Engadget

Thanks for sending this in Kboland

UPDATE 3: Looks like it is getting close. Rumors from Phoneareana say it is out, but no reports for the Infinity officially yet!

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Asus-...y-Bean_id33552
    Last edited by Frederuco; 07-06-2012 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Update 1
    ovdevil likes this.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    7 times
    I have been trying to understand the implications of Jelly Bean. I understand that Flash will no longer be compatible with the OS, but that it might be side loaded. I also understand from unofficial-official sources that if flash is installed prior to JB that it might still work provided you have the correct browser installed. What I am unclear of is whether or not the upgrade will be optional, or mandatory. I've been trying to figure out exactly what I will lose by not having flash. The fact that android operating systems supported flash was for me, a big selling point of having android in the first place. What will the internet be like without flash? Is there enough html support? other supportI'm not sure about? how will google earth and other flash dependent sites fully work, or be functional at all without it?

I love that android is always trying to better itself, but perhaps it's time the upgrades slow down a bit so that the android market doesn't outpace the rest of the worlds marketplace for which it was intended to exist in. Apple ecosystem rejected flash, now android is basically saying they don't want it either. What about the user? What do the users want?
    Dandanezu, DavidD and smckeough like this.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    3 times
    The menu's on my website are done in Flash. When my friends try to look at my website on their Iphones they get the home page but cannot see the menu. This is going to suck since I don't know how to change that on my site which is pretty large and used for business. I know how to update the site but not change the basic layout. Guess I'm getting outdated.
    DavidD likes this.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    7 times
    So, Does anyone know if it will be an optional firmware upgrade or a required one?

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2670 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob83 View Post
    The menu's on my website are done in Flash. When my friends try to look at my website on their Iphones they get the home page but cannot see the menu. This is going to suck since I don't know how to change that on my site which is pretty large and used for business. I know how to update the site but not change the basic layout. Guess I'm getting outdated.
    HTML5 is what the Internet should be moving too. It can do all that flash does and is less CPU intense.

Quote Originally Posted by cognitoo View Post
    So, Does anyone know if it will be an optional firmware upgrade or a required one?
    None of the firmware upgrades are manditory, but they will keep popping up in your notifications unless you disable the CMClient and DMClient processes in Settings - Apps.
    cognitoo likes this.

crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

- Homer Jay Simpson

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    7 times
    Thanks Fredurico. That's what I suspected, but was hoping something else was already in place across the board. Hope the transition to 5 happens sooner than later.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cognitoo View Post
    I have been trying to understand the implications of Jelly Bean. I understand that Flash will no longer be compatible with the OS, but that it might be side loaded. I also understand from unofficial-official sources that if flash is installed prior to JB that it might still work provided you have the correct browser installed. What I am unclear of is whether or not the upgrade will be optional, or mandatory. I've been trying to figure out exactly what I will lose by not having flash. The fact that android operating systems supported flash was for me, a big selling point of having android in the first place. What will the internet be like without flash? Is there enough html support? other supportI'm not sure about? how will google earth and other flash dependent sites fully work, or be functional at all without it?

I love that android is always trying to better itself, but perhaps it's time the upgrades slow down a bit so that the android market doesn't outpace the rest of the worlds marketplace for which it was intended to exist in. Apple ecosystem rejected flash, now android is basically saying they don't want it either. What about the user? What do the users want?
    Its not likely even with the correct browser it will work...read this:

No Flash for Android 4.1, Jelly Bean, users | ZDNet
    and
    Adobe not supporting Flash on Android Jelly Bean | Electronista
    or here:
    Adobe: No Jelly Bean Flash, Flash Player pulled altogether August 15 - SlashGear
    or:
    Flash Player, No Longer Supported in Android Jelly Bean

kind regards,

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    There are browsers like boat browser that still support Flash on Jelly Bean.

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    397 times
    I didn't have any issues with Dolphin on jellybean when I side loaded it on my TF101. It should still work fine, as long as the browsers don't pull it.
    TF101! - Running Domination built on my beautiful ArchLinux box!
    Samsung Galaxy S4 - Stock Sadly...
    Custom Built Desktop - Intel I7 w/ Windows7 & ArchLinux Dual boot - Go LINUX!
    I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. - Vince Lombardi

Great Help Guide Here -> Frederucos Fantastical Forum Favorites
    And Here -> Master Help Guide

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2670 times
    I have used Adobe Flash on Android 4.1.1 on my TF101 with the following browsers:

Browser
    Dolphin Browser HD 8.5.1 (later versions disable flash)
    FireFox Beta
    Boat Browser

Here is a thread at XDA with many others who had success: [GUIDE] [HOW-TO] Install Adobe Flash Player on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean - xda-developers

Also, at NexusTablets many users have it working on JB as well.

It is NOT officially supported on any platform of Android anymore. It may not work perfectly on JB, but it works just as well as on 4.0 for me.

crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

- Homer Jay Simpson

Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Ads