Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Doom? Boot loop-Asus splash, rooted, TWRP, power+vol_down-sticks in 3 icon screen

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    11 times
    I will try for sure. Weekends are busy, I can't flim flam around for hours not doing housewife stuff. I'm writing this as I unload the dishwasher - secretly.

I DO NOT WANT A WINDOWS DEVICE. Noooooooo! It's money driven, power hoarding, bossy, soul crushing, and oppressive. I have Windows on anything solely under duress after many years of avoiding it in total. I've had Ubuntu, Gnome, Gnu, Debian, whatever since Ubuntu v7.14. So don't make me go to Windows, I'm sure they're lovely too - no doubts. I loathe Windows - seriously I mean no offense to those who make Windows work for them and enjoy it. Quite cool.

I'm an open source gal. Okay, except for iPhone and iPad. No changing that duo, ever.
    Last edited by tonihb; 01-30-2016 at 10:07 PM.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    11 times
    I'm so bored with my iPad. Stunning. I miss my Asus buddy. Don't worry little buddy, we're going to help you.

Developer
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    50 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tonihb View Post
    I'm so bored with my iPad. Stunning. I miss my Asus buddy. Don't worry little buddy, we're going to help you.
    If you missed it so bad, then you can try to revive it.....

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tonihb View Post
    Even though I am not an "Android rooter" or an "Apple jail breaker" personally, I'm wondering if jail breaking your iPad will make it more fun for you?

If not, and your 700 is toast (is it?) then you could always get one with a broken screen from eBay and cannibalise both to make one new one...

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    I'm writing this as I unload the dishwasher - secretly.
    Why must you secretly unload the dishwasher?

I DO NOT WANT A WINDOWS DEVICE. Noooooooo! It's money driven, power hoarding, bossy, soul crushing, and oppressive.
    Change the word Windows to Apple. Rinse and repeat.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    11 times
    Oh my! Lots to cover...
    - I am going to try to revive my buddy the tf700t. I bricked it by hitting the one icon (Wipe Data) I was told NEVER to touch.

- It's in the mail: tf100AF with keyboard, barely used, $100 from eBay - a panic purchase from last week.

- Quite Right!! Apple IS far worse than Windows! The antithesis of open source. Which is why I won't purchase an Apple PC or laptop. Primarily because the prices are insane. Takes the fun out of it immediately.

But the iPhone and iPad are too awesome in hardware and software. I don't kill them, because I can't muck around. They last for ever. Which is where Apple is incredibly lame - they build great devices that become obsolete long before they wear out. My iPad 1 I got the first month they released - still works and has a long battery life...it lost updates at iOS 6. We're at iOS 9.2 Can't update it, so apps can't run on it. The old apps versions on it still work. Though my iPad Air 2 is magical.

Last week my iPhone screen went dark, the thing still works otherwise - I was able to make and take calls/text on my iPad from my iPhone connection. Nothing to set up, it just happens. Thanks Apple!

I depend on the iPhone and iPad duo everyday for serious and frivolous business. I have no reason to jailbreak, there's always "an app for that" - whatever I want to do. I did jailbreak the iPad 1 eons ago. And at first it was cool, then it wasn't that interesting. Can't update either. And...

Jailbreak sucks only because app developers get ripped off big.

- As far the the dishwasher...ah ha ha ha ha!! I do make lots of noise so it sounds like I'm doing something. Otherwise my cleaning skills are so stealthy that you cannot tell that I've done anything.
    Last edited by tonihb; 01-31-2016 at 01:22 PM.
    Swipe likes this.

Developer & Repair Magician
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    335 times
    And if there's just no way to revive that 700, well, there are refurbs available. Of course the one I bought a couple months ago came with the wrong charger, didn't give me much confidence in the refurber. But it seems to work fine, if only the better half would choose a different game developer.
    Master Help Guide--guide to help from the masters:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

T100 Master Help Guide:Caster's comprehensive guide to comprehending the T100
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

TF100 FAQ--Frequently Asked Questions about the TF100:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...s-guides-tips/

What Got Me In to All This Trouble--Linux live CD with ADB & Fastboot:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...x-live-cd.html

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    11 times
    I have a tf100AF with keyboard coming. What's the difference between the two? I still have the keyboard etc for the tf700t. I can get a tablet at some point. I've only had the thing since October.

@Kevinthefixer what game does your other play? I can't find a thing to play. Edit - I can't find something that I want and can play. Games are finally epic looking now - but I lack the skill set for the controllers.

I volunteer to teach English to foreigners and build tons of online stuff for that. Hours of time daily, instead of housework. I'm on my 7th site - a social media, like Facebook, thing and chat room for my network of sites - for my class, and any one else. Oh so much Fun! BUT NOT FROM AN IPAD! Hence the Asus purchase.

I really want the "be a Crusader assassin in Jerusalem game". But the controls are too much. Plus I'd rather just run around without a plan and destroy.
    Last edited by tonihb; 01-31-2016 at 01:39 PM.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    11 times
    Weird karma last week. I accidentally bought the tf100AF, then likely bricked the tf700t. I bought an iPhone 5s on eBay, then the screen went black on my 4s. What started as frivolous became needed. Or my devices are rebelling out of jealousy.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    11 times
    Either way, I will put CROMi-X on the tf100AF.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links