Thread: Problem with USB recognition of Asus TF700

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1 times

Exclamation Problem with USB recognition of Asus TF700

Hi, I looked around and couldn't find a similar thread so I apologize if I am wrong and there is already a thread like this. I have a tf700 that I flashed a custom Rom (cromi-X) to last year. I then recently rooted it because it was running so slowly. Unfortunately when I did this I also used all-in-one-toolbox and accidentally deleted the cache and dat from one of my apps. I installed on my PC a data recovery program specifically designed for Androids to get the data back. When I plug my tablet in with the USB cable the computer says that it is recognized, but the program does not recognize any android device as being connected I have tried 2 different programs where this is the case. Please help me I really need this data back and I dont know what I am doing wrong. Is it a problem with my custom ROM? Is it a problem with my tablet?

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    501 times
    I guess it depends what mode you need to connect it in for this program to work. Maybe it must be in USB debugging mode? Maybe in MTP? Can't really help without knowing these things.

SIDE NOTE: Not that it helps now...but in the future...when you installed CROMI, you were automatically rooted. There was no need to root again.
    LetMeKnow likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1 times
    I have USB Debugging turned on. It is connected in MTP. Thanks for letting me know about the auto root Should I try PTP instead?

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    You will need to turn off debugging mode.

If that doesn't solve things you will need to uninstall any existing drivers. Go into devices and Printers and go into the properties menu for your tf700. See if you can uninstall all drivers and also delete the driver files. Then plug it back in and they should auto install again.

I'm not sure if you will be able to get your data back since app data is a proprietary. Only a Titanium backup file or a Nandroid TWRP backup can likely restore it.

If you have a Nandroid there are Apps that let you selectively restore from those files.
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Developer & Repair Magician
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    335 times
    Somewhere in the Help files for your data recovery program it should say exactly how to set up the tablet to connect to the program. What program are you using, anyway?

Gtanner00 has it right (disgusting habit, that), there is a good chance that your data is history. Data recovery is always if this, and if not that, and if the program doesn't recognize it as data you are out of luck.

You could certainly try setting the tab to PTP, it won't hurt to try.

You could also test your adb and fastboot drivers: leave USB debugging on, install Minimal ADB and Fastboot, open it (you may need to reboot the PC), boot the tablet into Android system and plug it into the PC, type in:

adb devices

If that returns anything ADB drivers are good. Reboot the tablet into bootloader or "fastboot mode", the screen where you see 3 icons with one flashing. Now type into the PC's command window:

fastboot devices

Once again if it returns anything you are good. Reboot tablet into system, close Minimal ADB and Fastboot, turn off USB debugging, and see if you can see files on the tablet in Windows Explorer. If that works too, your Windows drivers are all good. You should not be screwing around with Android tablets, go find the nearest poker game (joke stolen from a very old Weber carburetor technical manual, if you can believe that).
    Master Help Guide--guide to help from the masters:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

T100 Master Help Guide:Caster's comprehensive guide to comprehending the T100
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

TF100 FAQ--Frequently Asked Questions about the TF100:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...s-guides-tips/

What Got Me In to All This Trouble--Linux live CD with ADB & Fastboot:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...x-live-cd.html

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1 times
    I tried it with USB debugging on and off, Also with PTP and MTP, still no luck in making the programs all recognize it. There is one program that recognizes it its called dr. fone by wondershare but its $50 for the full version and the free version just tells me there is files there it doesnt tell me what they are and I cannot retrieve them without paying. There are four that do not recognize it; 7-Data recovery suite, undelete 360, recuva and myjad android data recovery.

Thank you all so much for your help. Any other ideas?

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    I don't see these programs being able to get those files back even if they say they can. Those programs have the best success getting back photos and such. I'm guessing you had game save data that got deleted?
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    I agree. I have never heard of a data recovery utility that actually worked on Android devices...
    The mantra for any data is: back it up, then backup the backup and if it's really important burn it to disc and keep it somewhere safe.
    Automate steps 1 and 2 as much as you can because, let's face it, we're all lazy and/or forgetful....

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1 times
    No not game save data, its my data from a note taking app. Well thank you all for trying to help me, I think I will give up now.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links