Thread: [ SOLVED ] TWRP fail, OS won't load

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times

[ SOLVED ] TWRP fail, OS won't load

OK, We all know that, fastboot, twrp.. apx driver.. etc, etc, etc.. all good, nice and runnig.....

BUT... what can you do when you know for sure that the device isn't debugged and you cant reach it ?
    How do you unlock if you cant even load OP and obviously you cant install a very easy unlock apk,
    asus unlock apk is useless if you'r stuck in stock bootloader and you can do crap...

So..... ?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times
    Sorry.. Unable to load OS, operating system..

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Robi.a View Post
    OK, We all know that, fastboot, twrp.. apx driver.. etc, etc, etc.. all good, nice and runnig.....

BUT... what can you do when you know for sure that the device isn't debugged and you cant reach it ?
    How do you unlock if you cant even load OP and obviously you cant install a very easy unlock apk,
    asus unlock apk is useless if you'r stuck in stock bootloader and you can do crap...

So..... ?
    As long as you can access the bootloader, you should be able to flash the stock firmware. Download it to your PC, unzip the file once and copy the K00....user.zip to your microSD. Insert it and enter recovery by pushing Volume Up on the flashing RCK icon. It should flash the firmware and return you to a fresh stock system.
    If you don't have to worry about data not backed up on your tablet, you can perform a Wipe Data from the bootloader. Either before you flash the firmware (this alone may solve your problem) or after if the flash does not resolve it.
    Good luck

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by droidbound View Post
    As long as you can access the bootloader, you should be able to flash the stock firmware. Download it to your PC, unzip the file once and copy the K00....user.zip to your microSD. Insert it and enter recovery by pushing Volume Up on the flashing RCK icon. It should flash the firmware and return you to a fresh stock system.
    If you don't have to worry about data not backed up on your tablet, you can perform a Wipe Data from the bootloader. Either before you flash the firmware (this alone may solve your problem) or after if the flash does not resolve it.
    Good luck
    Thanks for you answer droidbound, been there, done that.. tried to wipe (no valuable data on) but it resets after few sec, as i recall from other android devices wipe/recover/flash, etc,
    after wipe it suppose to go back to main bootloader recovery menu.. here it just reset and remains in the same condition.
    RCK mode - it runs and shows an error after a few sec, stock image must be broken or something, won't load to RCK:
    Android error 498.jpg
    stock on external SD wont work because RCK tries to grab the image from internal SD, in lack of advanced option (like in TWRP or CWM) where you can
    choose another path it goes to default - internal SD image search, so the user wont be able to make any changes.

I need to unlock first and push twrp through fastboot in order to flash a new ROM on sd, fastboot,
    so im stuck with stock, and a broken one..

Last edited by Robi.a; 06-14-2014 at 03:58 PM.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Thanks for you answer droidbound, been there, done that.. tried to wipe (no valuable data on) but it resets after few sec, as i recall from other android devices wipe/recover/flash, etc,
    after wipe it suppose to go back to main bootloader recovery menu.. here it just reset and remains in the same condition.
    RCK mode - it runs and shows an error after a few sec, stock image must be broken or something, won't load to RCK:
    Android error 498.jpg
    stock on external SD wont work because RCK tries to grab the image from internal SD, in lack of advanced option (like in TWRP or CWM) where you can
    choose another path it goes to default - internal SD image search, so the user wont be able to make any changes.

I need to unlock first and push twrp through fastboot in order to flash a new ROM on sd, fastboot,
    so im stuck with stock, and a broken one..

RCK mode will show you that error if it does not find a valid update file.
    On this tab the stock recovery will get re-flashed with each boot, so I doubt that the recovery image is damaged. RCK searches internal and external storage for an update. The signed stock firmware should work.... ???
    You could try to rename the once extracted firmware to T4_SDUPDATE.zip and see if you have better luck with that.
    Although that was a method possibly meant for WW users only - never heard of someone successfully using that on US firmware.
    Your SKU is US, is it?

You did check the obvious right?
    microSD is formatted fat32
    correct SKU
    Once unzipped file is named K00xxxxxUser.zip (or similar)

Without debugging enabled you won't be able to connect to the tab in ADB or fastboot.
    If flashing with the stock recovery doesn't work, you're out of options, I'm afraid...
    Hope you still have warranty....
    Good luck

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times
    RCK mode will show you that error if it does not find a valid update file.
    On this tab the stock recovery will get re-flashed with each boot, so I doubt that the recovery image is damaged. RCK searches internal and external storage for an update. The signed stock firmware should work.... ???
    You could try to rename the once extracted firmware to T4_SDUPDATE.zip and see if you have better luck with that.
    Although that was a method possibly meant for WW users only - never heard of someone successfully using that on US firmware.
    Your SKU is US, is it?

You did check the obvious right?
    microSD is formatted fat32
    correct SKU
    Once unzipped file is named K00xxxxxUser.zip (or similar)

Without debugging enabled you won't be able to connect to the tab in ADB or fastboot.
    If flashing with the stock recovery doesn't work, you're out of options, I'm afraid...
    Hope you still have warranty....
    Good luck
    Yes i did tried ext sd but i havent changed the file name to k00, the file name start with WWxxxxupdate.. somthing, i cant remember the exact name, should i rename it and to what ?
    the tab is also WW, not us.
    Thank you for your kind help and patiance !
    Rob

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Yes i did tried ext sd but i havent changed the file name to k00, the file name start with WWxxxxupdate.. somthing, i cant remember the exact name, should i rename it and to what ?
    the tab is also WW, not us.
    Thank you for your kind help and patiance !
    Rob
    Ok, we may be getting somewhere here.
    If you download the firmware from the Asus/Support/Downloads website for your SKU (WW), the file is named WW_epaduser_10_26_1_18_UpdateLauncher.zip.
    Inside of that zip is another zip (and I apologize for not having the patience to download it) named "something-or-other-user.zip". Note the absence of "UpdateLauncher" in the file name.
    You have to use a program like 7zip to extract the downloaded file once, resulting in another zip. That is the zip you want to copy to your microSD and then enter recovery.
    Now - if you are a WW user:
    Asus released a firmware version specifically meant to be used with an external card after they pushed out a bad update back in December or so, leaving WW users with a corrupted data partition.
    On the Asus download page, that's the 2nd entry: WW_10_26_1_18_SDUPDATE.zip. If you extract that file once, you get T4_SDUPDATE.zip.

Start with the second option: Download the WW_10_26_1_18_SDUPDATE.zip, extract it once and copy the T4_SDUPDATE.ZIP to an empty microSD.
    Insert it and enter recovery - it should flash it and reboot.
    If that does not work, download the WW_epaduser.......zip, extract it once, copy the resulting zip file to your empty microSD.
    Enter recovery and it should flash the file and reboot.
    I have the hunch the first option will do it...

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok, we may be getting somewhere here.
    If you download the firmware from the Asus/Support/Downloads website for your SKU (WW), the file is named WW_epaduser_10_26_1_18_UpdateLauncher.zip.
    Inside of that zip is another zip (and I apologize for not having the patience to download it) named "something-or-other-user.zip". Note the absence of "UpdateLauncher" in the file name.
    You have to use a program like 7zip to extract the downloaded file once, resulting in another zip. That is the zip you want to copy to your microSD and then enter recovery.
    Now - if you are a WW user:
    Asus released a firmware version specifically meant to be used with an external card after they pushed out a bad update back in December or so, leaving WW users with a corrupted data partition.
    On the Asus download page, that's the 2nd entry: WW_10_26_1_18_SDUPDATE.zip. If you extract that file once, you get T4_SDUPDATE.zip.

Start with the second option: Download the WW_10_26_1_18_SDUPDATE.zip, extract it once and copy the T4_SDUPDATE.ZIP to an empty microSD.
    Insert it and enter recovery - it should flash it and reboot.
    If that does not work, download the WW_epaduser.......zip, extract it once, copy the resulting zip file to your empty microSD.
    Enter recovery and it should flash the file and reboot.
    I have the hunch the first option will do it...
    OK, i'll check this out asap, here's a link for others who need this valuable info;
    Device Essential Material *** Firmware, Source Code, Root etc.*** - xda-developers

Thx droidboun !
    i'll keep you informed with any progress.
    Last edited by Robi.a; 06-15-2014 at 03:50 AM.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    OK, i'll check this out asap, here us a link for others who need this valuable info;
    Device Essential Material *** Firmware, Source Code, Root etc.*** - xda-developers

Thx droidboun !
    Yes, that is a great thread by snahh. I still recommend to download the stock firmware from the Asus website.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times
    OK, i'll check this out asap, here's a link for others who need this valuable info;

Thx droidboun !
    ok, first, the link above dosnt work any more so, my bad guys, sorry..
    but as i kept looking for the WW_10_26_1_18_SDUPDATE.zip it turned out the dosnt exist any more on any site
    esp on ASUS.
    I could find only the regular files:
    ~ V10.6.1.14.10 Only for WW SKU / WW_epad-10.X.X.X_2012xxxx
    i tried to boot it in every possible way but i might think i'm missing something...
    i'v downloaded the file, WW_epaduser10_6_1_14_10_UpdateLauncher, it came as a zip, extract it, inside the folder there was another zip with the same name.
    i tried to load it with RCK as:

*a folder with the WW_epaduser10.. zip file inside on SD.
    *a WW_epaduser10... zip file as a single zip on the SD.
    *a folder contains the MATA INF + blob on SD.
    *the MATA INF folder + blob only on SD

NOTHING....

i dont know droidbound.. either i'm a lame retard or im missing something right in front of my eyes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links