Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times

Aussie TF700T unlocking - getting around the version

G'day all,

I am located in Australia (if that makes any difference to versions) trying to unlock my device so that I can install Cyanogenmod.

I have read through a lot of walkthroughs but found the clearest is droidbounds' Beginners Guide, however I am having trouble unlocking the device to even get started.

I am running Android 4.1.1 on build number JRO03C.WW_epad-10.4.4.25-20121228.
    The ASUS site does not have an unlocker for this, it offers only 4.2 JB OS and 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS.
    I downloaded one ZIP file to try and roll back the firmware to an older ICS OS but from RCK I just got the android man on his back with an exclamation mark.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Am I doing something fundamentally wrong here?

Cheers
    Dave

Beginners Guide to flashing a custom ROM on TF700T
    Drivers and Download (ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T) [Official Site - Main Page]

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    If you are still on 4.1.1 the rest of us updated to 4.2 months ago. Go into settings-about tablet- check for updates. You should be prompted to update to 4.2.1 firmware. If not download the latest tf700 firmware from Asus, unzip it once and place it anywhere on your internal memory. When you reboot, the tablet should recognize the update and prompt you to install it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    501 times
    Have you tried unlocking with the available tools? I unlocked with the ICS tool even though I wasn't on ICS. Just a thought. It won't hurt it to try.
    droidbound likes this.

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    The v7 worked on JB and the v8 also should work on your firmware.
    Try either or both. You cannot do anything wrong here. It's just an app you install and run. It either works or it doesn't - no harm done either way.
    Good luck - and if you run into error messages with both of them, come back and let us know what errors you get.
    My favorite way to get Asus to "help" you unlock currently is to turn yourself into a polite PIA!

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    "GTanner: If you are still on 4.1.1 the rest of us updated to 4.2 months ago. Go into settings-about tablet- check for updates. You should be prompted to update to 4.2.1 firmware. If not download the latest tf700 firmware from Asus, unzip it once and place it anywhere on your internal memory. When you reboot, the tablet should recognize the update and prompt you to install it."

Have tried to force auto update a few times with no success. I have downloaded firmware from ASUS (WW_epad-user-10.4.4.25) and placed it on internal drive and seperately onto an external SD card. I then did the same with both options by going into boot menu and selecting RCK. Both times it ended up with android man exclamation mark.

"droidbound: The v7 worked on JB and the v8 also should work on your firmware.
    Try either or both. You cannot do anything wrong here. It's just an app you install and run. It either works or it doesn't - no harm done either way.
    Good luck - and if you run into error messages with both of them, come back and let us know what errors you get."

The V7 unlocker installed OK and opened, but when I got to the unlock device stage it displayed "An unknown error occurs, which may be a network connection issue. please wait and try again later". I am connected to the internet OK via a wireless router. The V8 won't open as "There was a problem parsing the package". I've redownloaded multiple times with no success.

On to the PIA stage now methinks...

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    So do I......
    Ok, first of all: keep trying to unlock with the v7 tool. There's no rhyme or reason for this, but for some people it took 50+ tries and then all the sudden it worked.
    The problem is server-side at Asus HQ in Taiwan. Often their database is incomplete or wrong (which they would never admit to) but if their entry for your tablet's serial doesn't match or is missing, you get this "network connection error" which has nothing to do with your internet connection.

The PIA part:
    Take a screenshot of your "About Tablet" screen with your build and serial numbers and store it in an easy accessible place. Attach the screen shot to each email you will be sending to Asus.

Email Asus support once a day for a week stating that you cannot get OTA updates and want to register for Asus Device Tracker but cannot due to their database not recognizing your tablet.
    DO NOT MENTION YOU WANT TO UNLOCK. You would just give them an excuse to blow you off.
    Send them an email/day for a week (no matter if you get a response or not unless they resolve it).

After that week, send them two emails/day for a week.
    Then send them 3 emails/day for another week... get the picture?
    Sometimes it takes a lot of persistance and often it totally depends on who's reading your mail it seems.....
    I wish you luck..

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    I really appreciate you taking the time to give me the advice, and for putting together the Beginners Guide. I will do both of the options you mentioned.

Cheers!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    I've successfully updated and unlocked with help from ASUS. Overall they were very quick.

(For the firmware update I was using an SD card and rereading through guides found people were specifying Micro SD. Instead I loaded the firmware file onto the internal drive of the tablet, worked fine.)

I sent the original email:

My name is Dave and I have an ASUS TF700T. I cannot get OTA updates. I have tried
    manually forcing an update but this did not work. Also, I want to register for Asus
    Device Tracker but cannot as the database does not recognise my tablet.

And their reply:
    --------------------------
    We apologize for the delay due to the Dragon Boat Festival and the inconvenience in using our product and thank you for your understanding.

For this issue, please try to clear out the DMClient cache and data ( Settings -> applications ->Manage applications -> all ->DMClient-> clear cache).
    Then please try to hold the power button down for 10-15 seconds to reboot the device. If the problem still remains, please press Settings -> applications ->Manage applications -> all ->DMClient Force Stop. Then reboot it for a try.
    If it's not updated then you can manually do it. Or if it is updated, recommend reflashing the firmware by the following steps:
    From your PC you will need a micro SD card

1. Go to ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T
    2. Select Android OS
    3. Download Version V10.6.1.14.10 Global
    4. Unzip and save to desired location.
    5. You should see a folder called 'ASUS'
    6. Copy entire ASUS folder to root level of SD card
    7. Remove SD card from PC and insert to into Transformer TF700T
    8. Bottom of screen in notification area next to clock you will see and update available
    If the problem still remains, you can restore your os for a try. Enter Settings
    menu>Privacy settings>Factory data reset. Prior to performing the full factory reset, please back up all personal files because data will be erased during the process. Note that all your applications are tied to your Google account. Please remove the micro SD card if you have one inserted.
    To perform a full factory reset please follow the instructions below:
    1) Enter Settings menu
    2) Select Privacy settings
    3) Select Factory data reset
    Once the factory reset starts, simply follow in onscreen instructions. When it is complete, the unit will restart.

For this issue, please check if the webstorage account or google account you have logged in on your device matched with the account of device tracker.

If stills, could you provide me the Wi-Fi and bluetooth MAC address for further check? (Open the bluetooth)
    Apps-> settings -> About tablet -> status ->Wi-Fi MAC address
    ---------------------------------------

There was a bit of back and forth but with the help of a few screen dumps they changed my serial number details on their database and I unlocked first time with no worries.

The screen dumps I sent:

ASUSTracker_1/2/3: These show the ASUS Tracker page. Top right corner shows that I am logged in as ****@gmail.com. It then shows that it is not accepting the serial number
    AboutTablet_1/2: This is an updated screendump of the 'About Tablet' section of settings
    GoogleAccount_linked to tablet: Shows that my tablet is logged in as ****@gmail.com
    WiFiBluetoothMAC Address: As requested, the WiFi and Bluetooth addresses
    ASUSAccount_Product: Shows my product is registered OK in my ASUS account
    ASUSAccount_gmail: Shows my ASUS account online is linked to ****@gmail.com

Overall ASUS were pretty quick and effective

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Good deal! Congrats!
    This strategy seems to be working - thanks for reporting back!
    BTW: what's the Dragon Boat Festival? :laugh:
    Last edited by droidbound; 06-12-2014 at 01:32 AM.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    80 times
    @professordalton

What email did you use to send them the screen shots? Think I'm going to be a pest for a week or two
    Gtanner00 likes this.
    Not Your Father's Stock TF700T - KatKiss Is ON!
    Thanks to timduru - droidbound - kevinthefixer!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links