Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times

Question Bricked device?

Hi guys! I hope anybody can help me whit my problem so here it is:

I've tried to instal cyanogenmod 11 whit a tutorial that i find in the web, in some part i've to realize a wipe data but it freezes, so i turn off the device.
    Now it won't turn on, it just got stuck in "asus" screen.
    I can't do anything, recovery mode doesn't work ( power button+ down volume). Only work the apx mode.
    Is there any tutorial to unbrick the device whit apx mode?
    I've read that i can use nvflash? is that possible?
    Exist any tool to use?

it's a lot of cuestions, but i don't know what to do

Goodbye and thanks for your time!

Developer
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    50 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico4 View Post
    I can't do anything, recovery mode doesn't work ( power button+ down volume). Only work the apx mode.
    Is there any tutorial to unbrick the device whit apx mode?
    Yes, if you generated the Nvflash blobs for your device and use wheelie to flash them back in the apx mode... Good luck..

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by LetMeKnow View Post
    Yes, if you generated the Nvflash blobs for your device and use wheelie to flash them back in the apx mode... Good luck..
    I've not generated the Nvflash blobs, can i usea the blobs from another device?

Developer
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    50 times
    I've not generated the Nvflash blobs, can i usea the blobs from another device?
    AFAIK, each device has a specific ID assigned to the blob.. However, you could try someone else Nvflash blobs to see if it works for you... Good luck..

What have you done to your device? Why is it brick?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    AFAIK, each device has a specific ID assigned to the blob.. However, you could try someone else Nvflash blobs to see if it works for you... Good luck..

I've tried to install cyanogenmod 11 kitkat, and when i wipe data the device freezed, so i turn off and when i tried to turn on, it got stuck. Can you give me a tutorial to use nvflash like you said step by step?
    I really apreciate your help, thanks a lot!

Developer
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    50 times
    I've tried to install cyanogenmod 11 kitkat, and when i wipe data the device freezed, so i turn off and when i tried to turn on, it got stuck. Can you give me a tutorial to use nvflash like you said step by step?
    I really apreciate your help, thanks a lot!
    I never try wheelie and Nvflash because I never hard brick my device yet. I hope that I don't need to learn that in the future.. Here is the website from mobi team using wheelie to gain access to your bootloader and Nvflash to flash the binary file, good luck..

https://www.androidroot.mobi/pages/g...ash-jellybean/

If you get into the apx mode which is meant that you are pressing the power + volume up. If you are pressing the power + volume down buttons or the other side of the volume rocker, you will boot into your bootloader.. If you can, you could try all the combinations that you can think of to see if you can get into your bootloader with the three icons. If you can get there, you have a very good chance to revive your device, good luck...

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times

Unfortunately the blobs are device specific. You cannot use someone else's blobs for your tablet. And it's too late to try generate them now. You need to flash a modified bootloader and recovery to generate the blobs and you need fastboot for that.

When you did the 'wipe data' - did you do it in recovery or from the bootloader menu or system settings?
    Which rom, recovery and bootloader were you on before you flashed CM11?

Developer
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    50 times
    Quote Originally Posted by droidbound View Post
    Unfortunately the blobs are device specific. You cannot use someone else's blobs for your tablet. And it's too late to try generate them now. You need to flash a modified bootloader and recovery to generate the blobs and you need fastboot for that.

When you did the 'wipe data' - did you do it in recovery or from the bootloader menu or system settings?
    Which rom, recovery and bootloader were you on before you flashed CM11?
    You are correct and totally agree with you. The apx mode on the tf700 is available which means that you still can push the bootloader binary to it. However, I have not seen anyone trying it and of course I don't want to take that risk just testing it out.. If you look at the mibi team method how they generate the Nvflash blob, they use read to pull the the bootloader image. Since the bootloader is unlocked, I think that you can use download cmd to push the bootloader binary back into it. It is just my thinking process and never test it out. So someone has to try it out to see if it works.. Also, the wheelie blob.bin is the key to allow the Nvflash tool to write the image back into the bootloader. If someone can match the ID of his/her device in that blob.bin with a hex tool, then he/she can use it to unbrick his/her devices.. Maybe, we need the mobi team to share what they know about the Nvflash blobs...

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    You are correct and totally agree with you. The apx mode on the tf700 is available which means that you still can push the bootloader binary to it. However, I have not seen anyone trying it and of course I don't want to take that risk just testing it out.. If you look at the mibi team method how they generate the Nvflash blob, they use read to pull the the bootloader image. Since the bootloader is unlocked, I think that you can use download cmd to push the bootloader binary back into it. It is just my thinking process and never test it out. So someone has to try it out to see if it works.. Also, the wheelie blob.bin is the key to allow the Nvflash tool to write the image back into the bootloader. If someone can match the ID of his/her device in that blob.bin with a hex tool, then he/she can use it to unbrick his/her devices.. Maybe, we need the mobi team to share what they know about the Nvflash blobs...
    AFAIK the BL on the TF700 is not really unlocked. I believe the Unlock tool only makes it skip the signature verification for installing the recovery. Jeez - I wish I could remember where I read the explanation for it. Probbaly was one of _that's priceless posts. But you know more about this stuff than I do.... Wanna become famous on XDA? Then solve this puzzle

Have you ever heard of someone actually using the nvflash blobs? I haven't.
    Seems those that generate them know enough so they never need them and those that would need them don't know enough to get them. Once they know enough to get them they don't need them anymore. Hahahaha LMAO

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk

Developer
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    50 times
    AFAIK the BL on the TF700 is not really unlocked. I believe the Unlock tool only makes it skip the signature verification for installing the recovery. Jeez - I wish I could remember where I read the explanation for it. Probbaly was one of _that's priceless posts. But you know more about this stuff than I do.... Wanna become famous on XDA? Then solve this puzzle
    Thanks for the information and the compliment. I probably know away less information than you think, hahaha... Wanna be? Maybe not...

Have you ever heard of someone actually using the nvflash blobs? I haven't.
    No, I haven't and hope that I don't have to...

Seems those that generate them know enough so they never need them and those that would need them don't know enough to get them. Once they know enough to get them they don't need them anymore. Hahahaha LMAO

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk
    I totally 110% agree with you on this statement, hehe..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links