Thread: Bricked device?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by droidbound View Post
    Unfortunately the blobs are device specific. You cannot use someone else's blobs for your tablet. And it's too late to try generate them now. You need to flash a modified bootloader and recovery to generate the blobs and you need fastboot for that.

When you did the 'wipe data' - did you do it in recovery or from the bootloader menu or system settings?
    Which rom, recovery and bootloader were you on before you flashed CM11?
    I did the "wipe data" from the stock recovery
    I had installed android jelly bean 4.2.1

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    I will try to flash the twrp.blob file from this page :TeamWin Projects - TWRP 2.7 - Asus Transformer Infinity TF700T | TeamWin whit nvflash, and using linux, because i've read a lot of problems happends in windows, like missing drivers and errors whit nvflash. Once i take back the recovery, install the original rom from asus.

Could this work? What do you think?

Thanks for the help!

Developer
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    50 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico4 View Post
    I will try to flash the twrp.blob file from this page :TeamWin Projects - TWRP 2.7 - Asus Transformer Infinity TF700T | TeamWin whit nvflash, and using linux, because i've read a lot of problems happends in windows, like missing drivers and errors whit nvflash. Once i take back the recovery, install the original rom from asus.

Could this work? What do you think?

Thanks for the help!
    I thought that you don't have adb and fastboot any more on your device... You need fastboot to install a special bootloader image in order to generate blob.bin. Can you still get into your bootloader menu or the three icons screen? If you still can get there with pressing power+volume down, you should be able to revive your device. Only apx mode, I don't think that you can do much, sorry..

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    I did the "wipe data" from the stock recovery
    I had installed android jelly bean 4.2.1
    You are confusing me....
    There is no wipe data option in the stock recovery. Do you mean you chose this option from the bootloader menu (the screen with the 3 icons: RCK, Android, Wipe Data)?

You said you tried to flash CM11. How? Please give us a step-by-step.

Did you flash a custom recovery like CWM? Which version?

I suspect this scenario:
    * You flashed the CWM recovery and then tried to flash CM11, possibly with an outdated bootloader and/or the wrong CWM version installed.
    * You could not boot the rom anymore
    * You booted into the bootloader and executed "Wipe Data" (which you should never do if you have a custom recovery)
    * You are stuck at the boot screen because the tablet is still trying to execute the Wipe Data from a non-existing stock recovery

If I am correct, try this: Boot the tablet, connect it to a power source and let it sit for 8 hours +
    I have seen this a number of times now. Wipe Data calls the stock recovery to erase the data partition. With CWM installed it results in a hung boot which sorts itself out if you leave it alone long enough.
    Good luck

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk
    Last edited by droidbound; 03-20-2014 at 01:22 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by LetMeKnow View Post
    I thought that you don't have adb and fastboot any more on your device... You need fastboot to install a special bootloader image in order to generate blob.bin. Can you still get into your bootloader menu or the three icons screen? If you still can get there with pressing power+volume down, you should be able to revive your device. Only apx mode, I don't think that you can do much, sorry..
    No i can't enter into bootloader,only apx mode. Thanks for your answer!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by droidbound View Post
    You are confusing me....
    There is no wipe data option in the stock recovery. Do you mean you chose this option from the bootloader menu (the screen with the 3 icons: RCK, Android, Wipe Data)?

You said you tried to flash CM11. How? Please give us a step-by-step.

Did you flash a custom recovery like CWM? Which version?

I suspect this scenario:
    * You flashed the CWM recovery and then tried to flash CM11, possibly with an outdated bootloader and/or the wrong CWM version installed.
    * You could not boot the rom anymore
    * You booted into the bootloader and executed "Wipe Data" (which you should never do if you have a custom recovery)
    * You are stuck at the boot screen because the tablet is still trying to execute the Wipe Data from a non-existing stock recovery

If I am correct, try this: Boot the tablet, connect it to a power source and let it sit for 8 hours +
    I have seen this a number of times now. Wipe Data calls the stock recovery to erase the data partition. With CWM installed it results in a hung boot which sorts itself out if you leave it alone long enough.
    Good luck

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk
    I will answer in order to be clear, sorry if i can't explain myself, i'm from Argentina!

Yes i choose wipe data from the 3 icons
    I can't tell you specifly wich version, only cyanogenmod 11 kitkat

I've installed CWM tf201 version, because the apk doesn't recognize the tf700, i've think that work for both the same recovery, but now i see that it doesn't.

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    I will answer in order to be clear, sorry if i can't explain myself, i'm from Argentina!

Yes i choose wipe data from the 3 icons
    I can't tell you specifly wich version, only cyanogenmod 11 kitkat

I've installed CWM tf201 version, because the apk doesn't recognize the tf700, i've think that work for both the same recovery, but now i see that it doesn't.
    You did one of the worst combinations possible on this tablet: Wiped Data from the bootloader with the wrong recovery installed. Your only hope is to let it sit for a few hours and see if the recovery finishes. But that chance is very, very slim.
    Sorry - I think this is a brick....

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    0 times
    i made exactly the same mistake. stuck rebooting. shows unlocked so no warranty. bought brand new. Heard about nvflash but don't think they have for 701t. Really mad as this is a replacement for another device with a broken screen. if i were brave, i would take motherboard from cracked device and combine with this . left it for a day, but no luck. 2 tablets down the tubes...

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicthoughts View Post
    i made exactly the same mistake. stuck rebooting. shows unlocked so no warranty. bought brand new. Heard about nvflash but don't think they have for 701t. Really mad as this is a replacement for another device with a broken screen. if i were brave, i would take motherboard from cracked device and combine with this . left it for a day, but no luck. 2 tablets down the tubes...
    6 months ago I would have told you that there is absolutely nothing we can do but there is a slight possibility of repair now.

Did you originally have a custom recovery or fastboot set up? If you do then we may now have a solution to this problem. You mentioned you have a 701 but you posted in a 700 thread.

I'm going to leave this for one of the other moderators to find and he will be able to tell if we can use a similar method meant for older devices to unbrick your tablet.
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Developer & Repair Magician
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    335 times
    Yikes! On a 701?

[GUIDE] Help! My Transformer TF700 boots only to recovery!!!!

Here is @Droidbound's guide, but it was developed for the TF700 and 300, PROBABLY will not work with the 701, hardware is too different. BUT why not try? Nothing to lose at this point.

@DB, any thoughts?
    Master Help Guide--guide to help from the masters:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

T100 Master Help Guide:Caster's comprehensive guide to comprehending the T100
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

TF100 FAQ--Frequently Asked Questions about the TF100:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...s-guides-tips/

What Got Me In to All This Trouble--Linux live CD with ADB & Fastboot:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...x-live-cd.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links