Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: OK had enough, ready to Root and install Custom rom.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    6 times

OK had enough, ready to Root and install Custom rom.

I'm getting too sick and annoyed of the lag and slowness of this "flagship" tablet.

I paid $450+$100 USD for the 32gb tablet and dock and used it since last december and ..
    I did do the latest OTA updates and disable all the bloatware and disable app updates and all the optimizations that does not require root.. while it helps but it is still noticablly laggy more than any tablet I've used.

What ROMS do you guys recommend? I'm looking for something
    1) remove lags as much as possible.. it's retarded that my $20 Net10 800mhz phone is more responsive in running and loading minor apps and going to desktop than a $450 tablet.
    2) stable
    3) don't have anything "not working" like email.. and dock features etc.. (sorry I have to mentioned but I tried custom rom on my HTC EvO 3D and it was a bad experience with crashes and some stuff not working)

if anyone can direct me to a easy rooting methond and ROM installation it would be great. thanks

Super Moderator & Forum Sleuth
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1118 times
    You can read more on the various ROM's here in the Transformer TF700 ROM's sub forum.

--Moved to 700 Development--
    Last edited by eejit; 12-04-2013 at 03:09 PM.

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Quote Originally Posted by geniv View Post
    I'm getting too sick and annoyed of the lag and slowness of this "flagship" tablet.

I paid $450+$100 USD for the 32gb tablet and dock and used it since last december and ..
    I did do the latest OTA updates and disable all the bloatware and disable app updates and all the optimizations that does not require root.. while it helps but it is still noticablly laggy more than any tablet I've used.

What ROMS do you guys recommend? I'm looking for something
    1) remove lags as much as possible.. it's retarded that my $20 Net10 800mhz phone is more responsive in running and loading minor apps and going to desktop than a $450 tablet.
    2) stable
    3) don't have anything "not working" like email.. and dock features etc.. (sorry I have to mentioned but I tried custom rom on my HTC EvO 3D and it was a bad experience with crashes and some stuff not working)

if anyone can direct me to a easy rooting methond and ROM installation it would be great. thanks
    You want CROMI-X. It's based on the stock rom so everything works. Heavily de-bloated and greatly improved to stock

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    My TF700T is rooted but still running stock, because I did not want to void my warranty by unlocking the bootloader.

Last weekend I installed LagFix Free from the Play Store and worked like a miracle.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    21 times
    Quote Originally Posted by droidbound View Post
    You want CROMI-X. It's based on the stock rom so everything works. Heavily de-bloated and greatly improved to stock

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
    Just did this one myself and it works great! Good performance, excellent battery life. Unlocking was a royal pain, though - took dozens of tries over a weeks time to finally get it to work.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sparksd View Post
    Just did this one myself and it works great! Good performance, excellent battery life. Unlocking was a royal pain, though - took dozens of tries over a weeks time to finally get it to work.
    can you tell me the process? I got the latest firmware update from asus and some of the guides I saw via googling shows for the older firmware version.

I don't want to risk bricking the unit.

BTW: do you have the dock also? is there any issues with the Dock+ custom rom?

thanks, I just want to be careful and do it the right the first time.
    Last edited by geniv; 12-05-2013 at 10:15 PM.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    501 times
    There is a great guide to installing CROMI-X in this forum. I can assure you that my dock works very well with CROMI-X

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    I recently wrote a guide on Android Central - sorry Transformer Forums, 't was a wasted effort anyway since that forum is pretty much dead...
    Check it out and ask if you have questions.
    Tutorial: Flashing a custom ROM on TF700T - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
    sparksd likes this.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    21 times
    Quote Originally Posted by droidbound View Post
    I recently wrote a guide on Android Central - sorry Transformer Forums, 't was a wasted effort anyway since that forum is pretty much dead...
    Check it out and ask if you have questions.
    Tutorial: Flashing a custom ROM on TF700T - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
    Thumbs up to droidbound's guide - I used it to get me through loading CROMi-x. And I don't have any issues with CROMi and my dock.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    6 times
    thanks everyone I finally got it all rooted/rommed and setup. RUNS AWESOME WITH AWESOME FEATRES

took like 10+ hours of figureing out, reinstalling and setting up.

thoigh once you initially learn. it will probably take like 1 hour or less.

I have to spend an extra 5-6 hours reinstalling and configuring my app. as appernetly if you reboot with the CROMI app it corrupts your whole setting and non restorable and I have to re do again

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links