Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times

Unlocked TF700T won't boot / no bootloader

I apologize if this is posted somewhere, but I've been digging around the Internet for about 12 hours and haven't been able to find something that quite addresses my problem.

After unlocking the bootoader and attempting to root and load a custom ROM my TF700T with 4.2.1 will now do absolutely nothing but sit at the white ASUS logo. It does not appear to be trying to boot to the system at all, nor can I reach the recovery by holding down the volume - button, it will just go straight to the ASUS logo. I can reach APX mode by holding volume + and the pinhole button, but I don't know what to do once I'm there. The adb device list shows no devices connected when in APX. Any help would be appreciated, as I no longer know what I'm doing and would rather avoid having to send it in to pay for repairs.

Thank you.

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    392 times
    Unfortunately if you don't have nvflash files backed up there is nothing you can do other than send it back to Asus for repair. They will likely charge you for this service.
    TF101! - Running Domination built on my beautiful ArchLinux box!
    Samsung Galaxy S4 - Stock Sadly...
    Custom Built Desktop - Intel I7 w/ Windows7 & ArchLinux Dual boot - Go LINUX!
    I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. - Vince Lombardi

Great Help Guide Here -> Frederucos Fantastical Forum Favorites
    And Here -> Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Damn, ok. For future reference, could you kindly point me to some instructions on how to backup the NvFlash files?

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    392 times
    [How-To] All-In-One Guide For Asus Infinity (TF700) [25/03/2013] - xda-developers

This has some very valuable info in it. XDA is the place to learn anything about having an unlocked device. Also, since the update to jellybean, Asus decided that it's bootloader should be encrypted so NVFlash will no longer work. You need to have a pre 9.4.5.30 bootloader for it to work. The biggest thing is to really read carefully, these devices require different recoveries depending on which bootloader you have so great care is required.
    TF101! - Running Domination built on my beautiful ArchLinux box!
    Samsung Galaxy S4 - Stock Sadly...
    Custom Built Desktop - Intel I7 w/ Windows7 & ArchLinux Dual boot - Go LINUX!
    I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. - Vince Lombardi

Great Help Guide Here -> Frederucos Fantastical Forum Favorites
    And Here -> Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you very much for the info!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    OK here is what u need to do in order to fix ur issue. First go and download this program to ur pc Install Recovery.zip | by sbdags for Transformer Pad. Once on ur PC unzip the file. Next put ur tab into recovery mode by holding down the power button and volume down. Once u see the screen with RCK Android and Wipe Data do not select anything just connect it to ur PC. Once connected goto the file u unzipped and double click on Scotts Tf700t Recovery install tool.bat. Then just click any key to continue. make sure to be patient and let it do what needs to be done. Once completed u should have twrp installed in ur recovery section of ur tab and u will be able to flash any ROM needed to get u going again.

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Quote Originally Posted by darkbmb View Post
    OK here is what u need to do in order to fix ur issue. First go and download this program to ur pc Install Recovery.zip | by sbdags for Transformer Pad. Once on ur PC unzip the file. Next put ur tab into recovery mode by holding down the power button and volume down. Once u see the screen with RCK Android and Wipe Data do not select anything just connect it to ur PC. Once connected goto the file u unzipped and double click on Scotts Tf700t Recovery install tool.bat. Then just click any key to continue. make sure to be patient and let it do what needs to be done. Once completed u should have twrp installed in ur recovery section of ur tab and u will be able to flash any ROM needed to get u going again.
    Unfortunately he/she cannot access recovery - so this won't work.
    Damn! This is hard brick and unfortunately only sending it in to Asus can fix it. Try it - some people got lucky and had their tabs repaired for free even they had unlocked (although most of those returned with an unlockable bootloader). But you have nothing left to loose....

Would you care to elaborate how you bricked it? It won't help you - but it may prevent other users to do the same....

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    I have no idea if this thread is still being looked at but I did the same thing. I was using TWRP and trying to reset the device and Accidentally wiped everything. The OS, the Cache, everything save for what was on the SD card. When I rebooted the device just sits at its screen and any attempt to acess the bootloader (Volume down + Power) just turns the tablet off. The lucky thing is that I have the OS backed up to my flash card. But I can't do anything to get it back on the device without a boot loader.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    501 times
    Juno, follow the link in post #4. You will probably need to reinstall you twrp. Look for the custom recovery via fastboot mode instructions. I am not sure if it will help but hey..can't do much worse

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JunoZXV View Post
    I have no idea if this thread is still being looked at but I did the same thing. I was using TWRP and trying to reset the device and Accidentally wiped everything. The OS, the Cache, everything save for what was on the SD card. When I rebooted the device just sits at its screen and any attempt to acess the bootloader (Volume down + Power) just turns the tablet off. The lucky thing is that I have the OS backed up to my flash card. But I can't do anything to get it back on the device without a boot loader.
    You cannot wipe the bootloader in TWRP. Most likely you wiped your OS, but you should still be able to access the recovery. What happens when you boot holding Power and Volume down when the tablet is turned off?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links