Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times

T700 should arrive today - when to flash CROMI

So I purchased a T700 re-furb through Groupon. It's the 64GB w/ keyboard. Do I just make sure everything seems to work and unlock it and flash CROMI on it and then install everything I want on it and start the long process of downloading about 60 magazines from Zino etc. Or do I use it as is for a little while, and then flash Cromi and go through the whole setup process again?

Anything specific I should look for as an issue on the T700? (I am moving from a T300)

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    501 times
    Wingdo congrats! You probably want to test it out before rooting and ROMing, that way you will know if any issues are ROM related or tablet related. Also, as you may have heard tbe 4.2. Update rolled out this mkrning for the tf700.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    111 times
    I would not bother with unlocking and installing Cromi until 4.2.1 is finalized in the dev word. If not done properly ATM, you can easily brick your tablet ATM so I suggest you do not mess with it, use it for at least a month or two before attempting to mod.

Tylor

Sent from my ASUS Transformer TF700T Infinity Pad Using Tapatalk HD
    Rom: CleanRom Inheritance 3.4.7 Odex AND That's UltraCleanRom(7 sec boot )
    Kernal: _That's Stock V6 Kernal
    Theme: Timberwolf's Blues & Jazz Theme V2.1
    UPDATE FOR TF700 USERS!!! AND THE 4.2.1 UPDATE http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2204100

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Sounds like sage advice. I've never unlocked my T300, but I have been Jones-ing to put a better ROM on it for ages. CM 10 breathed a ton of new life into my Xoom. CROMI looks to me to be the way to go for the Transformer line.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Side question, for those who have dont ehe unlock / custom recovery route, can CROMI go straight over stock? That would solve my not wanting to set the whole thing up twice issue.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    2 times
    I flashed over stock (several times now) and it keeps apps and data. There were a couple of apps I had to login again, but all the others kept my data and user name/passwords (including Netflix, mail (even my Exchange settings) and HGOtoGo). Don't know if this will change with the 4.2.1, though. I'm guessing we can dirty flash it, but we'll likely hear yay or nay in the next few days/near future as people upgrade their OS and when CROMI makes the 4.2 jump.

I'd suggest holding off until we hear more, though. No sense in being the guinea pig.

I've talked to my wife today twice and said "do not take any OTA updates!" If you do, we're likely getting a TF300 while they are on sale.
    Last edited by RedfishGuy; 04-03-2013 at 02:43 PM.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    111 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wingdo View Post
    Side question, for those who have dont ehe unlock / custom recovery route, can CROMI go straight over stock? That would solve my not wanting to set the whole thing up twice issue.
    Cromi 3.4.7 will flash right over 4.1.1 and keep all apps and data. But if you have upgraded to 4.2.1 dont touch the unlock button and try flashing or you will almost surely brick your device. sbdags(creator of Cromi for the TF300,TF700 and Nexus 7) is working on getting things together. ATM they are configuring the HD version of TWRP to work with an encrypted bootloader which is what the new bootloader is expected to have.

Tylor

UPDATE FOR TF700 USERS!!! AND THE 4.2.1 UPDATE http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2204100

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    Moved to development

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    111 times
    Cromi 4.0 should be here in a day or two if you have 4.1.1 you can unlock. Sbdags already has everything going great so if you are on 4.1.1 and unlock install twrp 2.4.4 and install cromi but do not touch the stock 4.2.1 or risk bricking. Read all instructions that sbdags posts. The process from 4.1.1 cromi to cromi 4.2.1 seems it is going to be fairly simple but be careful and read carefully.

Tylor

Quote Originally Posted by Tylorw1 View Post
    So 4.1.1 works on the new boot loader? If so then that means you can install the boot loader and the new twrp before even updating which would make bricking impossible unless you do not update which the is another reading error. But ATM the process is looking fairly simple. Keep up the good work.

Tylor

Quote Originally Posted by sbdags View Post
    Yep exactly that
    Last edited by Tylorw1; 04-04-2013 at 04:44 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Well, I am on 4.2.1 with the Infinity. Overall impressions are good. Feels sturdier to me, and that's a huge bonus for me.

I'll keep an eye out for rooting etc. for 4.2.1. Has Asus removed the unlock abilities with 4.2.1? If not, why can't i unlock the phone now and root?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links