Thread: Live Linux boot

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    81 times
    You want to develop directly on the TF

that means that i need full access to the system, no specific android stuff but drivers, custom software and at least a C/C++ compiler and a bash...
    but

The Problem's, i dont want to manipulate anything on the tablet, no matter what it is...
    I'm not a developer and have no pretensions to being one, but it seems to me you have two very conflicting requirements right there.

The reality is that Android is generally marketed on tablets as a consumer ready OS with protections in place to ensure that the great unwashed can't stuff up their tablet (or phone) through their own ignorance - the flip side of that is that some things that are trivial on a full PC require compromises and unapproved modifications (eg., rooting) on a tablet.
    Last edited by MikeS; 12-16-2012 at 01:41 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeS View Post
    it seems to me you have two very conflicting requirements right there.
    In some case you're right, BUT, if you read my posts very carefully, you'll understand that I want a LIVE-Linux running on the tablet which won't manipulate anything on the tablet's main memory, i DON'T want to install it locally because I know that this is critically dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS View Post
    The reality is that Android is generally marketed on tablets as a consumer ready OS with protections in place to ensure that the great unwashed can't stuff up their tablet (or phone) through their own ignorance - the flip side of that is that some things that are trivial on a full PC require compromises and unapproved modifications (eg., rooting) on a tablet.
    Yes you're right, an Android isn't a common Linux system.. but, this tiny quad-ARM with 1 gig RAM is usually still a computer which could run any OS supporting it's ARM-architecture, the only real problem are the drivers (Tegra 3, sensors, devices and other stuff), but actually its able to run a common light-wight-linux, you just need to boot it somehow (microSD, SD, USB)... and thats my problem here...

So... when i need Android i just run the Tablet as I usually do.. but when i need my custom Linux for coding or testing for example, just doing what I usually do on my Ubuntu, I boot it from external memory in Live-mode...

But how to do so?? I'm sure, somehow you actually should be able to do it anyway

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links