Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    4 times

Re: Tweaking TF700 for performance and browsing

Quote Originally Posted by bunnybash View Post
    I challenge any user of a Prime to use Androwook, and then to say that the Asus engineers are better - I have 8 people at work who all hated their Prime before Androwook was installed - literally could not get any of them to use their stock Prime, it was slow, buggy, crashed, random reboots... literally every single user now LOVES their Prime after installing Androwook, not a single crash, no slow downs, no reboots, no ANRs...

The engineers at Asus might be smart, but in the case of the Prime, they have had their asses handed to them by the dev community at XDA.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD
    I'm not so sure it is the engineers at fault on these - more likely it is the head brass who made conscious decisions to keep the tablet affordable enough (Read: Keep their profit margin high) by incorporating cheaper components.

Plus, over at XDA, it seems that in the TF700 forums Clean ROM Inheritance (aka CROMI) seems to be the all out favorite....

Personally, I'd love to unlock my tablet and use Data2SD myself - I bought a air of Sandisk 64GB UHS-1 micro SDCards - on is in the tablet, and one is in the dock via adapter - those things are insanely fast.

But, I'm probably going to RMA my tablet and dock when I get back from vacation b/c of 'minor' issues that are really irking me....like light bleed and creaking in the tablet and separation in the dock (which I though was normal until played with another dock this week and found out it did not separate at all....)

Sent from my Infinity using Tt HD

I am I.

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    288 times

Re: Tweaking TF700 for performance and browsing

The fear of loosing warranty and/or bricking my TF700 was stronger than my frustration with it's lagginess - until about 2 weeks ago. Then the frustration won out, I took the plunge, and I could not be happier!
    Now this tab is running like I expected it to when I went for a high end model - actually it runs even better CROMI 3.2.2 is a dream on this tablet. Stable, everything works, no glitches and speed you can only dream about on stock.

It's a big step to take and the process is not fool proof, so you have to do your homework, do a lot of reading because nobody is going to hold your hand and walk you through it.
    But there is excellent information over at the XDA forums with how-to's and don't do's, and the CROMI threads and the people supporting it would put many customer service departments to shame.
    When JB 4.2 gets released I now would not touch it with a very long stick before sbdag or some other genius over there hadn't cleaned it up.

Asus released a beauty with the TF700. Kind of sad, that it takes "some guys in some garage" to unleash the full potential of it.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
    TF700 on ZOMBi-X OMNI Kang (KitKat 4.4.4) TF701 on CROMi-X 7.x (JB 4.4.2) HTC M8 on CleanROM 3.x (KitKat 4.4.4)

LINKS:
    Transformer Guides: Tips and Tricks
    Beginners Guide to Flashing a Custom ROM on TF700

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    5 times
    Does Browser2ram work for TF700?

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    288 times
    Quote Originally Posted by upshur002 View Post
    Does Browser2ram work for TF700?
    Yes, it works beautifully!
    On JB 4.1 it installs like any app, but on 4.2 you have to implement it as a script.
    I am running CROMi-X, so I have it integrated out of the box, so to speak, and have not done it myself.
    But you can get it to run on stock. Check out the thread on the XDA forum in the TF700 Development section by elfaure.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2273973

If that is too complex for you, try Boat Browser. It basically does the same thing: writes cache to RAM

Swipe likes this.
    TF700 on ZOMBi-X OMNI Kang (KitKat 4.4.4) TF701 on CROMi-X 7.x (JB 4.4.2) HTC M8 on CleanROM 3.x (KitKat 4.4.4)

LINKS:

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    288 times
    I just came across an app that may be god-send for all users who do not want to unlock, but are willing to root.
    It's called SD Booster and it's free in the Play Store.
    I have not tried it on the TF700 since I am running a custom rom and it's running great, but loaded it on my trusty old Droid1 running Gingerbread (remember those times??).
    I only use the phone as a bedside alarm clock/music player/email checker nowadays, but the lag on it is horrible! Or better: was horrible. It's snappy and responsive again with SD booster installed.

I'm kinda tempted to flash my tablet back to stock just to test this app....
    One user on XDA reported his stock TF700 running faster than his Nexus 7 all the sudden.
    He used a cache size of 8192, in case somebody wants to give it a try.
    You do need to be rooted to use this app.

Edit: turns out the same tweak this app implements is also used in CromiX, probably the most popular (and fastest) custom ROM on the TF700.
    sbdags, the dev, set the cache size to 4096.
    So far the verdict is that anything larger does not improve performance anymore.
    I'll add another edit if and when I find out more....
    Last edited by droidbound; 07-02-2013 at 02:23 AM.

LINKS:

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    43 times
    Quote Originally Posted by droidbound View Post
    I just came across an app that may be god-send for all users who do not want to unlock, but are willing to root.
    It's called SD Booster and it's free in the Play Store.
    I have not tried it on the TF700 since I am running a custom rom and it's running great, but loaded it on my trusty old Droid1 running Gingerbread (remember those times??).
    I only use the phone as a bedside alarm clock/music player/email checker nowadays, but the lag on it is horrible! Or better: was horrible. It's snappy and responsive again with SD booster installed.

I'm kinda tempted to flash my tablet back to stock just to test this app....
    One user on XDA reported his stock TF700 running faster than his Nexus 7 all the sudden.
    He used a cache size of 8192, in case somebody wants to give it a try.
    You do need to be rooted to use this app.

Edit: turns out the same tweak this app implements is also used in CromiX, probably the most popular (and fastest) custom ROM on the TF700.
    sbdags, the dev, set the cache size to 4096.
    So far the verdict is that anything larger does not improve performance anymore.
    I'll add another edit if and when I find out more....
    Have not rooted since rooting my original Droid... what would one use these days to root (not unlock)? Any one-click root tools for JB? looks like a jungle trying to find a single document for backing up, rooting and unrooting!

Sent by "bluezdawg" from my scream'n Infinity TF700/TF201 run'n Jelly Bean 4.2.1 using Tapatalk HD
    'dawg

"Stargate Mobile": TF700 run'n Jellybean 4.2.2 & TF201 Dock
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 run'n Jelly Bean
    "never take life to seriously, you'll never get out alive"

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    288 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bluezdawg View Post
    Have not rooted since rooting my original Droid... what would one use these days to root (not unlock)? Any one-click root tools for JB? looks like a jungle trying to find a single document for backing up, rooting and unrooting!

Sent by "bluezdawg" from my scream'n Infinity TF700/TF201 run'n Jelly Bean 4.2.1 using Tapatalk HD
    Use the Motochopper tool by Dan Rosenberg. Super easy if you have the correct drivers for the TF700 installed.

LINKS:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Ads