Senior Moderator Meritorious
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    903 times
    Did you read the review?

"We cannot get this to work at all. And the booklet was not in the box! Very disappointed and we have been searching the internet and cannot find any information on what to do with this..."
    Last edited by sculptedstylus; 01-19-2014 at 01:13 PM.
    Asus Eee Pad TF101 (gave to wife); Samsung Galaxy Note 8 phone and tablet

The Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html
    Guidelines of Conduct http://www.transformerforums.com/for...orums-com.html
    Frederuco's Fantastical Forum Favorites http://www.transformerforums.com/for...favorites.html
    Asus T100 Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    100 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sculptedstylus View Post
    Did you read the review?

"We cannot get this to work at all. And the booklet was not in the box! Very disappointed and we have been searching the internet and cannot find any information on what to do with this..."
    I have the connect dock and there isn't much needed to make it work. Just plug in the power cord to the dock and an ethernet , USB or 3.5 mm audio plug and whatever is connected works fine. If you have an Ethernet connection it uses that, if you have a USB drive it uses that and if speakers are installed then it uses them. The audio dock should be the same with the addition of internal speakers. My connect dock works great. Plug and play. Without it, I would have tossed the tf700 long ago. The dock makes it tolerable till a worthwhile tablet replacement comes along.

Sent via electron magic. My opinion is my opinion and any solutions or ideas probably have a hundred ways to arrive at the same result. Unless you pay someone to provide the right answer, you get what you get. Free advice is often worth what you paid for it.

Developer & Repair Magician
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    335 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sculptedstylus View Post
    Sorry, no, but the 201 and the 700 are interchangeable.
    I have both a TF300 and a 700. Both work fine in the same Connect Dock. Whoever asked about the dock disabling the WiFi: no, I haven't yet hooked up the ethernet wire to the dock, the WiFi just keeps on working.

I keep a mini keyboard and a mouse plugged into the dock, and the keyboard has a very handy pair of USB ports built into it. It's a Perixx Periboard409 and looks like it belongs with the tablet, yet is large enough to touch-type on. Once I find a set of powered speakers I'm happy with it should make the Transformer live up to its name: a mini-desktop, but simply grab the tablet and yank, and it's a tablet again!

Ironhide
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    39 times
    I wonder if there will ever be an update to include the tf701? I guess not since the connector is totally different.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    Quote Originally Posted by davioh View Post
    I wonder if there will ever be an update to include the tf701? I guess not since the connector is totally different.
    The link in post #41 refers to an ebay listing for the connect dock. While the TF701 is not listed (maybe it was overlooked) - I would contact the seller or amazon or any seller that turns up in a search and ask if it works with the TF701.

Screenshot_2014-07-06-13-43-05.png
    Last edited by Swipe; 07-06-2014 at 02:50 PM.

Ironhide
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    39 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Swipe View Post
    The link in post #41 refers to an ebay listing for the connect dock. While the TF701 is not listed (maybe it was overlooked) - I would contact the seller or amazon or any seller that turns up in a search and ask if it works with the TF701.

Screenshot_2014-07-06-13-43-05.png
    If it's a physical different connection then no...If they say yes...they either don't know what they're talking about or just want to sell stuff...my 2 cents...

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    335 times
    What Asus says about the audio dock compatibility:
    "Compatible Model ASUS Transformer Pad TF201, TF300T, TF700T"
    from their website Docks - Audio Dock - ASUS

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    335 times
    OK, got the Audio Dock. Sorry, I couldn't help myself. But I found a used one on Amazon. My advice is not to buy one at full price; the fifty bucks I paid seems steep, these speakers suck. I know, they are Bang & Olufsen; I certainly hope their reliability is much better than the B&O receiver I had in the eighties, it broke down every six months like clockwork.

Come to think of it, the styling of this Audio Dock is somewhat eighties, or even seventies. It is a thin block, grey-brown in color, has a shiny light-gold strip around the dock slot, and a perforated brush-finish metal grill that is most of what you see when the tablet is in it. All the connections are in the back, power, USB, and a full SD slot that I haven't tested yet. There is also a bass reflex port back there. I would have designed it with the SD slot in front or on the side toward the front for easier access.

But as I said, my main complaint is the sound quality. This thing sounds like a sixties-vintage pocket transistor radio, although it gets louder and does have a small amount of bass response. It is an improvement over the tablet's built-in speakers, but not much of one. I have a $20 Bluetooth speaker that sounds much better than this. If you are an audiophile, get the Connect Dock instead and hook it to a decent stereo or even a set of powered speakers; you could buy either combo for the list price of this dock.

That being said, it does do what it claims to do. I am typing on a keyboard with a USB hub built into it, and a mouse plugged into that, and it all works flawlessly. There is an icon in the notification bar that looks like a musical quarter-note in a dish indicating that the tablet is in the audio dock, and another for the physical keyboard. The speakers do play music, however poor the quality is. It does charge the tablet; the power brick has a standard barrel connector and is rated at 12V instead of the 15 that the tablet's adaptor has, but apparently that is adequate. I haven't run the battery down to time the charging, and I probably won't ever bother. I probably will test the SD card reader, but it's in such a poor location that I can't see myself using it regularly at all. I also can't see using the poor speakers much.

So if you can find one of these for, say, $20 or so, and don't mind bass drums that sound like cardboard boxes, I'd say go for it. Otherwise don't bother.

--Kevin

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links