Like Tree26Likes

Thread: The tf700 keyboard dock thread

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    I tried the coldboot with dock attached and it still does not recognize the USB or the SD slots if I unattach, then reattach the dock.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredz View Post
    Out of curiosity, when you guys close the tablet on the dock. Does the sound of it sound like rubber only, Or does it sound like a bit of metal hitting the screen around the top of the touch pad ?
    Mine seems to slightly touch the area close to the top of the touchpad.
    What to do.
    When I close the tab and dock, I do not get the metal on metal sound that you speak of. I currently use a case that holds the tab by itself, or the tab and dock together. So even if the two were shutting in an odd way, I would assume the case completely negates it.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nickatnite905 View Post
    When I close the tab and dock, I do not get the metal on metal sound that you speak of. I currently use a case that holds the tab by itself, or the tab and dock together. So even if the two were shutting in an odd way, I would assume the case completely negates it.
    You're using a case, Oooooh! P That changes the story in your case. Have you tried (can you) without the case to see how they close together ? I'd be curious to know if it's almost considered standard.
    Currently I've put a couple of little extra jelly rubbers (that rubber you get behind a new credit card that affixes it to the paper). I've put them to the left and to the right of the touchpad about 1/3 below the top line of the touchpad so that when those rubbers are used, the right and left built-in rubbers just touch. Now when I close it, I get that re-assuring feel of a rubber holding the tablet in place. It's a bit ugly, but I don't care at this point. And I might still return it if I hear that people "REALLY" don't have that issue with their.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    You're using a case, Oooooh! P That changes the story in your case. Have you tried (can you) without the case to see how they close together ? I'd be curious to know if it's almost considered standard.
    Currently I've put a couple of little extra jelly rubbers (that rubber you get behind a new credit card that affixes it to the paper). I've put them to the left and to the right of the touchpad about 1/3 below the top line of the touchpad so that when those rubbers are used, the right and left built-in rubbers just touch. Now when I close it, I get that re-assuring feel of a rubber holding the tablet in place. It's a bit ugly, but I don't care at this point. And I might still return it if I hear that people "REALLY" don't have that issue with their.
    Sorry. I didn't clarify. I currently use a case, but when I didn't, I had no problems with the metal to metal sounds. That said, I read a lot of threads about the dock causing the tab screen to crack. I was generally concerned about this and opted for a case. If I didn't think is was an issue, I would carry my tab and dock naked all the time, for convenience and portability sake.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    2 times
    Sorry. I didn't clarify. I currently use a case, but when I didn't, I had no problems with the metal to metal sounds. That said, I read a lot of threads about the dock causing the tab screen to crack. I was generally concerned about this and opted for a case. If I didn't think is was an issue, I would carry my tab and dock naked all the time, for convenience and portability sake.
    So, if you let the dock fall down (for example, from about 1cm high, which you should NOT do anyways) you would feel that it only hit the two rubbers on the right and on the left (the glass of your tablet wouldn't touch the metal of the dock ?) PS: I haven't ever seen a dock that touches the rubber below the touchpad, but maybe yours does. That is when you don't use your case )

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    So, if you let the dock fall down (for example, from about 1cm high, which you should NOT do anyways) you would feel that it only hit the two rubbers on the right and on the left (the glass of your tablet wouldn't touch the metal of the dock ?) PS: I haven't ever seen a dock that touches the rubber below the touchpad, but maybe yours does. That is when you don't use your case )
    If I were to close the tab and dock at such an angle where the weight on the hinge would collapse by itself, then the rubber on both sides touch the tab bezel. I also have never seen the top of the tab (where the inner camera is located) touch the rubber buffer on the dock, near the touch pad.

At this point, I think you may need to consider exchanging out your dock for a new one. It is hard to say if it is your tab or dock, but it is easier to check out a new dock, versus exchanging your tablet. I'm thinking that I may need to do the same, as I do not like rebooting my tablet in order to use the USB or SD slot on the KB dock. I just hope it isn't my tablet with a poor pin connector.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    This question might seem trivial in scope, but does anybody know a way for the USB port on the dock to recognize USB inputs if you have attached the dock to the tab before resetting? My TF700T is connected using the TF201 keyboard dock. If I boot the tab while the dock is attached, I have no problem reading thumb drives, controllers, etc. If I detach, then reattach my keyboard dock without restarting the tab, my USB port does not recognize any device. I don't like rebooting my tab if I don't need to, so I wanted to see if anyone else had a solution or if its even a problem for others?

Running unrooted/stock
    Android Version 4.2.1
    Mobile Dock Version: DOCK-EC20N-0207
    Will the dock recognize usb connection if the battery is not charged? I just tried connecting my tf700 to the pc via usb, but no connection was recognized. I am charging the dock, and will try again, but i thought i would inquire here.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    2 times
    Now the problem is back and no amount of rebooting will fix it. It simply freezes when I dock the tablet in the keyboard dock. Now I have a $100 paperweight and no way to connect devices to the tablet. ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi everyone,

I just bought a TF700 MobileDock for my TF201. Everything works except the touchpad/trackpad! I've cold booted with the tablet docked to the keyboard dock, I've toggled the fourth button from the left on the top row and have attempted System Update, all to no avail.

My PAd EC version is TF201-PAD-0215
    My MobileDock version is DOCK-EC21N-0105
    pineywoods likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times

Question Transformer Prime Dock or Infinity tf700t Dock how do you confirm whic one you have?

I got what was supposed to be the Keyboard Dock for the Asus Transformer Infinity TF700t but it looks just like the Transformer Prime that I saw reviewed on Youtube. Is there way to positively confirm that I have the one for the Infinity TF700t and not the Prime? The stickers on the side that have the serial number and model number have already rubbed off the printing on them and I've only had the dock 2 days I got it Certified refurbished from BuySPRY.com
    On their Ebay page It's listed as MPN: RTF700-DOCK-GR :UPC: 886227179213

the only number I can find is on the bottom of the dock AD01
    It seems to fit ok but when I was using it for the first time the battery on the dock ran down to 0% and the power LED was flashing orange which I assume meant it was totally discharged and I've heard it's not good to let a Li-polymer Battery battery run completely down. Is there a app I need to install that will switch off the dock battery when it gets to a certain level and then switch to the battery in the tablet? Is there any other way to find out what model number it is via the tablets information screen or a app that reports detailed information about the tablet not reported in the system settings?
    One of the reasons I bought the dock was to extend the battery life of the tablet without having to carry around the charger so if I have to plug in the charger when the dock battery gets low then that defeats the purpose of the dock extending the run time of the tablet.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Taslim View Post
    I got what was supposed to be the Keyboard Dock for the Asus Transformer Infinity TF700t but it looks just like the Transformer Prime that I saw reviewed on Youtube. Is there way to positively confirm that I have the one for the Infinity TF700t and not the Prime? The stickers on the side that have the serial number and model number have already rubbed off the printing on them and I've only had the dock 2 days I got it Certified refurbished from BuySPRY.com
    On their Ebay page It's listed as MPN: RTF700-DOCK-GR :UPC: 886227179213

the only number I can find is on the bottom of the dock AD01
    It seems to fit ok but when I was using it for the first time the battery on the dock ran down to 0% and the power LED was flashing orange which I assume meant it was totally discharged and I've heard it's not good to let a Li-polymer Battery battery run completely down. Is there a app I need to install that will switch off the dock battery when it gets to a certain level and then switch to the battery in the tablet? Is there any other way to find out what model number it is via the tablets information screen or a app that reports detailed information about the tablet not reported in the system settings?
    One of the reasons I bought the dock was to extend the battery life of the tablet without having to carry around the charger so if I have to plug in the charger when the dock battery gets low then that defeats the purpose of the dock extending the run time of the tablet.
    If you looked earlier in this same thread you would see that the AD01 is indeed a dock for the TF700T.
    And you are not depleting the battery beyond what it should be. That's just how it works. There are no apps to modify how the batteries interact with each other.
    I think that is all covered in this thread as well. The battery management is all handled by the firmware.
    Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 (KitKat 4.4)
    Ex-Archos 70IT 8GB (Froyo)
    Ex-Transformer Pad Prime 32GB Grey (ICS, S/N BCxxxxxxxxx)
    Transformer Pad Infinity 32GB Grey (JB, S/N C7xxxxxxxxx)
    Transformer Pad Dock AD01 Grey (FW: DOCK-EC21N-105, S/N CAxxxxxxxxx)

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links