Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    None of those drivers will do you any good until you can get into the bootloader as soon as you plug it in on the bootloader, the computer would automatically download the correct drivers for you.

Sent from my TF300T using Tapatalk
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Check whether fastboot device is visible (executing command fastboot devices). If it is, flash stock asus firmware blob and after flashing start system, reboot into botloader, flash recovery and flash cyanogenmod package.

If it won't work, you can try putting firmawer zip (epad_update.zip) into micro sd and with inserted micro sd card turn on tablet with holded down vol-down button.
    Last edited by misiekantos253; 05-20-2014 at 06:32 AM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi again guys. Thanks for the replies.

Gtanner00, hmmm, sounds like I'm screwed then. Cos I cannot get into bootloader. I have left my tablet off the last couple days but still plugged into the PC and Windows is detecting it upon starting and it tries to install the drivers. This is the error message I get when it eventually fails:

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps798f98b0.jpg

And currently my Device Manager looks like this:

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p...psb10c1e1c.jpg

The Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller driver is the one that appears to be stuck / failing to install.

Misiekantos253, thanks for the advice! I've tried both "adb devices" and "fastboot devices" in the command, but I get no luck from that. That's why I have been trying to get the drivers going cos I believe I need this working so the PC and tablet can communicate. BUT I haven't tried putting firmware (epad_update.zip) on my mSD card and then booting up the tablet. So I'll give that a go now. I'll post again with results.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    I downloaded the most recent TW firmware ("TF300T-TW_epad-10_6_1_27_5-UpdateLauncher.zip"), copied to mSD card, renamed to "epad_update.zip", booted (Power and Volume Down button) tablet with mSD inserted, and same old boot loop screen.

Is there anything else I can try?

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    I downloaded the most recent TW firmware ("TF300T-TW_epad-10_6_1_27_5-UpdateLauncher.zip"), copied to mSD card, renamed to "epad_update.zip", booted (Power and Volume Down button) tablet with mSD inserted, and same old boot loop screen.

Is there anything else I can try?
    Flashing stock firmware that way only works with the stock recovery installed (the procedure you followed is incorrect too - but that does not matter here).

You can flash the firmware in a custom recovery though, but you would need to
    a) unzip the downloaded file once (the result being another zip) and flash it in CWM
    b) have access to a working custom recovery

The latter is your problem...

How do you try to get into the bootloader? By booting holding the Power and Volume down buttons? Do you hold them long enough?
    If you can't get into fastboot mode on your tablet, installing the drivers on your PC won't help.

With a lot of luck you may be able to connect through ADB while the tablet is bootlooping, but that is a long shot.
    If you're up to it uninstall all the drivers in question, reboot and then install the Minimal ADB Fastboot tool. But first try to get into the bootloader on your tablet.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi Droidbound,

I've been attempting to get into the bootloader by holding Power and Volume Down. I have to hold them for around 12 seconds before the screen comes on and that's the boot loop screen. Another person on another thread suggested holding them down for "a long time" but did not specify how long. The longest I think I've held that combination for was 1 minute. I just did 2 minutes, and all I got was boot loop screen.

I'm certainly up to trying ANYTHING. I have nothing to lose at this point. I'm even open to mailing this off to a total stranger who might know how to fix it and pay them to restore it for me. But then, maybe I should just buy a new tablet... Anyways, on Saturday I'll unplug tablet, uninstall my current drivers, reboot PC, install Minimal ADB, then plug tablet in. Is that the right order?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Sorry for the slack reply guys. Here's what I've done on this since last time...

Unpluged tablet from PC. Uninstalled the drivers that were being troublesome. Rebooted PC. Upon doing so I got this and this error messages. I went into Device Manager, removed those two with the "!" icons, rebooted again and no more error messages came up. Installed Minimal ADB. Plugged in tablet to PC, and then got the flat battery screen! Gah! So tablet is on the charge now, and I'll post again ASAP.

I'm going away for a few weeks soon, and was really hoping to figure this out before then, but it looks doubtful. I suspect my PC is being a jerk with the drivers, so I will try this ADB method on my girlfriend's laptop, which has never had any ADB installed before, nor has it had my tablet plugged up to it. Hopefully I return in 24 hours with good news.

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    Sorry for the slack reply guys. Here's what I've done on this since last time...

Unpluged tablet from PC. Uninstalled the drivers that were being troublesome. Rebooted PC. Upon doing so I got this and this error messages. I went into Device Manager, removed those two with the "!" icons, rebooted again and no more error messages came up. Installed Minimal ADB. Plugged in tablet to PC, and then got the flat battery screen! Gah! So tablet is on the charge now, and I'll post again ASAP.

I'm going away for a few weeks soon, and was really hoping to figure this out before then, but it looks doubtful. I suspect my PC is being a jerk with the drivers, so I will try this ADB method on my girlfriend's laptop, which has never had any ADB installed before, nor has it had my tablet plugged up to it. Hopefully I return in 24 hours with good news.
    So there are signs of life after all... Can't wait....

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times

No joy using my girlfriend's laptop. Here's what I did... Installed Minimal ADB. Restarted laptop. Plugged tablet into laptop, tablet was off, and plugging it in turned it on. Boot loop screen comes up of course. Windows tries to install APX drivers. Why APX? Either way, I have a screenshot of this here. I opened a command prompt from the installation location of Minimal ADB. Tried "adb devices" and no devices showed up. Tried "fastboot devices" and also nothing. Powered off tablet. Turned it back on and this time I'm holding Volume Down while holding Power. Boot screen comes up of course. I keep holding and eventually the tablet screen goes blank and then boot loop screen comes back, nothing new here. I powered tablet off. Back on the laptop I go into Device Manager, and I see APX drivers are not installed properly. See screenshot here. I uninstall them. Restart laptop. Left tablet plugged in this whole time, and upon Windows starting again I am not alerted of any missing drivers. I check in Device Manager, and APX is still there, which is odd, right? For the hell of it I turned the tablet on again, opened command and tried those two commands once more, no dice.

Is it time to call it quits? I really want to get this damn thing working again, but I don't know what else to try. As I said earlier, I'm willing to try anything really. So, any more suggestions guys?

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    What is likely happening is that windows is trying to install the drivers like it should, however it can not complete. Windows is programmed to stop installing drivers if the device is disconnected. At this point having the drivers won't do anything until you can get the tablet permanently into the bootloader. If you could then I would tell you that you are in a soft bootloop. Your situation is a hard bootloop and there is only one known solution.

You would have needed to make a special flat line nv flash backup before you started using custom Roms a on that you can restore it in apx mode even if you can't get to the bootloader. These backups are unique and individual to every devices serial number so you cannot use someone else's.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links