Thread: Rooted WOW

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    3 times

Rooted WOW

Well held off doing this and since out of warranty why not. Had noticed some lag going on, got a little better after I uninstalled some apps and games I wasn't using but still a little lagging. Followed the instructions and down load the ASUS unlock utility and ran it. Went without a hitch.

WOW lagging seems to be gone, didn't do anything else but unlock it and see a big difference.

Do I need the recovery utility if I am going no further as far as ROMs or anything? If it stays like this will leave like this.

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Interesting, since all the unlock tool does is remove the lock preventing the bootloader to flash a recovery...
    Maybe your tablet only needed a couple of reboots. Lol

To install a custom rom you need to flash a custom recovery compatible with your current bootloader and the rom you want to flash.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by droidbound View Post
    Interesting, since all the unlock tool does is remove the lock preventing the bootloader to flash a recovery...

To install a custom rom you need to flash a custom recovery compatible with your current bootloader and the rom you want to flash.
    That's why I was surprised. It was a while after it rebooted before I did anything with it as I was working. Clean Master runs in the background, wonder if it found something it couldn't claean before but now can.

Know of a list of what is and isn't OK to uninstall after a root?

Ironhide
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    39 times
    Quote Originally Posted by droidbound View Post

Since it's about rooting...I see in your signature you have both tf700 and 701 rooted. How are they on chrom? custom roms?

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Quote Originally Posted by davioh View Post
    Since it's about rooting...I see in your signature you have both tf700 and 701 rooted. How are they on chrom? custom roms?
    Great!
    The TF700 is an entirely new device on a custom rom, the 701 is so fast out of the box that it is more about customization/control/messing about than that you really need to flash a custom rom to make it usable.

BTW, if you just unlocked your device you are not rooted yet. Being rooted means having access to the root of the file system or better: the /system partition. You just unlocked the bootloader.
    Check the dev section of the forum for ways to root your tablet.
    Once that is done install Titanium Backup (get the paid version - it is worth it!).
    TiBu allows you to freeze and/or uninstall apps installed in the system partition - and a lot of the bloat is installed there, whereas the apps you install are in /data.
    If you are unsure about the wisdom of uninstalling a particular app, freeze it first, run the tab for a few days and see if it has unintended consequences. If not, use TiBu's backup function to do just that - then uninstall it.
    List what you want to get rid of - that's easier than making of list of what you can uninstall.

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links