Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300TG (3G)
    Liked
    2 times

Asus TF300T - boot loop - device unlocked - can boot recovery Kang Twrp

I know there is a sticky about this, but because of some strange behaviour and my slim knowledge I just want to be sure before I do anything.

I updated my tablet to the latest KatKiss-rom, I did a wipe in recovery before I flashed. Everything was working fine, the tablet booted no problems. I powered the tablet off and went about with my day, when I turned it on again it's in a boot loop. The ASUS-logo appears it tries to boot and the ASUS-logo returns. I tried to do a wipe from recovery and here is the strange thing, after about 30 seconds it jumps out of recovery and the ASUS-logo reappears and it tries to boot again.

What should I do now?

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    708 times
    Can you boot into fastboot?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300TG (3G)
    Liked
    2 times
    It's been a year since I read all about this so sorry for being rusty.

I can boot into Kang TWRP, if you with fastboot mean the screen with RCK, Wipe icons etc. ? This screen: https://dl.xda-developers.com/direct...705_123432.jpg

Kang TWRP seems to be working fine but can't do a wipe because it just exits after some seconds, no error message. Haven't tried to format /data because I didn't know if that was a good idea.

Not showing up in adb. USB debugging not activated as far as I know.

If I boot into recovery adb works, the device is listed if I run the command "adb devices".
    Last edited by Glomgold; 09-07-2018 at 11:17 AM.

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Hi Glomgold, we're very sorry that you're experiencing this issue and we'll be more than happy to assist. Based on the information provided, we recommending having this unit serviced. Please send us an email with your serial number and reference to this post to socialsupportus@asus.com.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300TG (3G)
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus_USA View Post
    Hi Glomgold, we're very sorry that you're experiencing this issue and we'll be more than happy to assist. Based on the information provided, we recommending having this unit serviced. Please send us an email with your serial number and reference to this post to socialsupportus@asus.com.
    Service isn't an option, it would be too expensive.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300TG (3G)
    Liked
    2 times
    I managed to fix it in a way. Did /format data and reflashed. When I turn it on and off it takes several boots before it gets into the OS.

And now it's back to not booting at all.

Not able to boot into recovery, stuck at Teamwin-logo, goes back to boot loop.

I did get USB debugging enabled in the OS.
    Last edited by Glomgold; 09-08-2018 at 09:20 AM.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    708 times
    That would have been my first attempt too.
    At this point I hope you still have access to fastboot. I would flash the Asus stock blob in fastboot, effectively setting the tablet back into a factory state. From there it is just a few easy steps to flash the latest TWRP, format data in TWRP, the flash the rom.
    That would be the cleanest way to go.
    And remember to always format /data before you flash a new rom. Version updates within the same rom are fine to dirty flash - although there won't be too many of those for these dinosaurs, will there - but for a new rom always format /data.
    You find the Asus firmware here: https://www.asus.com/us/Tablets/ASUS...HelpDesk_BIOS/
    And instructions here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...48&postcount=8
    Good luck

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300TG (3G)
    Liked
    2 times
    Thank you for answer.

I get the tablet into fastboot but I'm struggling to get my computer to recognize it through ADB. My computer recognized it when I was in recovery and I had access to the tablet in "my computer" on my PC. This was a version update, just some security fixes, I've been using the rom for over a year, KatKiss.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    708 times
    After a year of use it still is best to format and start fresh. I do it twice a year..
    Anyway, if you have the tablet on the screen with three icons it is in fastboot mode and you access it with fastboot, not adb. ADB is the protocol you use when in recovery or when Android is booted. Fastboot is different.
    Check the Beginner's guide link in my signature - or better go to the more updated one on XDA: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2688891
    Written for the TF700 but the 300 procedure is exactly the same except you flash TF300 specific software.
    There are tips to get fastboot going on your PC. If you're lucky it just works so try it:
    Open a cmd prompt from within your adb/fastboot folder as admin, then try this command: fastboot devices
    If you see a serial number as a return proceed with the instructions above.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300TG (3G)
    Liked
    2 times
    Thank you again.

Feeling dumb, I will try the fastboot command.

I got a serial number, now the tides are turning hopefully!
    Last edited by Glomgold; 09-08-2018 at 01:16 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links