Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gtanner00

Thread: T300 goes on and off by itself, can't turn it off.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times

T300 goes on and off by itself, can't turn it off.

I believe it is a t300 it has Android 4.1 jellybean and I bought it 3 years ago. It goes on and off by itself From the onscreen Asus Insignia, then the pinwheel spinning , to the desktop, then after 15 seconds it turns off, then comes on again in 30 seconds) until it wears out the battery and You can't do anything with it other then turn the sound up and down and sometime lock it.(It kind of looks like it will only lock it after I turn the sound up or down but the touch screen does nothing.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    There are two likely candidates. One is software related and the other hardware.

The hardware reboots are caused by the pressure of the tablet frame on the power button which turns it off.

The software reboots might just need to be solved by refreshing the firmware or a factory reset. You mentioned that you have android 4.1. The tf300 has updates available to 4.2. Take a look at the master help guide in my signature and find the guide that shows the procedure for flashing firmware in recovery.
    Swipe likes this.
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jbander View Post
    I believe it is a t300 it has Android 4.1 jellybean and I bought it 3 years ago. It goes on and off by itself From the onscreen Asus Insignia, then the pinwheel spinning , to the desktop, then after 15 seconds it turns off, then comes on again in 30 seconds) until it wears out the battery and You can't do anything with it other then turn the sound up and down and sometime lock it.(It kind of looks like it will only lock it after I turn the sound up or down but the touch screen does nothing.
    jbander - Sorry to hear about your issues, have you tried doing a factory reset? If yes and you are still having this issue please email us at socialsupportus@asus.com for further assistance.

If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know. We will be more than happy to assist you. Once again, thank you for choosing ASUS products and services.

Thank you,

-In Search of Incredible-

Technical Support Department
    ASUS :: ASUS Service | North America
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Developer & Repair Magician
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    335 times
    Should be easy enough to tell if it's hardware or software related. Boot into the Bootloader screen (hold down both power and volume down buttons while booting), if the tab stays alive in bootloader but not in Android system the hardware is OK. The bootloader screen has some info in the top left corner, and three icons in mid-screen. If not, you have the TF300 power button problem.

On initial bootup, does the tablet notify you that it is unlocked in tiny letters in the top left of the screen? It pops up at the same time as the Asus logo and says "The Device is Unlocked". If not you can safely do a reset from the bootloader menu, if the tablet is stable in that screen. Use volume down button to change to a flashing "wipe" icon, then volume up to select. But do not do this if your tablet is unlocked! If it is unlocked just select the flashing RCK icon and boot to recovery, you probably have a custom one installed that can do the factory wipe for you.

If you have the power button problem go here:

TF300 Rebooting Problem - Hardware Design Glitch
    Master Help Guide--guide to help from the masters:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

T100 Master Help Guide:Caster's comprehensive guide to comprehending the T100
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

TF100 FAQ--Frequently Asked Questions about the TF100:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...s-guides-tips/

What Got Me In to All This Trouble--Linux live CD with ADB & Fastboot:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...x-live-cd.html

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links