Thread: [ SOLVED ] Tablet Won't Get Past Logo Screen

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    5 times

Unhappy [ SOLVED ] Tablet Won't Get Past Logo Screen

I believe this has been asked before but I'm not sure if there was any solution that would be useful to me.
    I have an Asus TF300T which has been working fine for two years but this afternoon when I turned it on it gets to the ASUS Logo and the rotating dots below and just stays in that mode and won't get to home screen.
    I have tried cold booting with no success. I have tried pushing a paper clip into the reset button hole and absolutely nothing at all happens.
    I have contacted Asus support who tell that the only way to get the tablet working is to erase all the data. Foolishly I never made any backup of the data.
    Is there any way to get the tablet working again without losing all my data (mostly books)?
    I don't mind reinstalling the programs - is there any way I can access the data and retrieve it so if I do have to do an erase I will be able to load up my data?
    Any help will be mightily appreciated
    Thanks
    Alf

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Hey there.
    in order to help, we need to establish whether the tablet is in a hard brick or soft brick situation. A soft brick is fully recoverable while a hard brick is not. What were you doing previous to the bootloop?

To establish this, power off the tablet and hold both the power and volume down keys at the same time until you see a screen with 3 icons (may take up to 15 seconds) If you see this then your situation is likely recoverable. If you dont then there is nothing that can be done.

Is your tablet still in Warranty? if it is then I would send it it ASUS for RMA.
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Developer
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    50 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AlfKatz View Post
    I believe this has been asked before but I'm not sure if there was any solution that would be useful to me.
    I have an Asus TF300T which has been working fine for two years but this afternoon when I turned it on it gets to the ASUS Logo and the rotating dots below and just stays in that mode and won't get to home screen.
    I have tried cold booting with no success. I have tried pushing a paper clip into the reset button hole and absolutely nothing at all happens.
    I have contacted Asus support who tell that the only way to get the tablet working is to erase all the data. Foolishly I never made any backup of the data.
    Is there any way to get the tablet working again without losing all my data (mostly books)?
    I don't mind reinstalling the programs - is there any way I can access the data and retrieve it so if I do have to do an erase I will be able to load up my data?
    Any help will be mightily appreciated
    Thanks
    Alf
    It looks like your device is stuck in the system boot. You could use adb to pull your data off your media, good luck...

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    5 times
    Hi
    Prior to the bootloop I was trying to program my Logitech Harmony remote control and since I ran into some problems I thought I'd try shutting off the tablet and starting all over and that's when the problem started occurring. I can't really power off my tablet since it seems to be stuck in the state it's in. When I hold own the power and volume control I actually get four icons - one says RKC, one is an android logo , one I can't remember and the last is an erase. I've tried going through the first three options but it just ends up in the same state. I've had the tablet for two years so I don't think it's still under warranty since I didn't pay for any extended warranty service.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    5 times
    This is my first problem with the tablet and I'm pretty much a newbie at this so I don't know what adb is our how to use it. Could you possibly elaborate?
    Thanks
    Alf

Developer
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    50 times
    This is my first problem with the tablet and I'm pretty much a newbie at this so I don't know what adb is our how to use it. Could you possibly elaborate?
    Thanks
    Alf
    If you have 4 icons in your bootloader menu, then you are running a very old firmware. I believed that the last icon is to wipe all data on your data patition and you tried the first three. Your data is still there. If you want to save your data, you must NOT execute the last icon. I don't have the tf300 so Gtanner00 or some experts around here can help you. You should be fine and should wait for some advices, good luck..

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    Hi Alf,

The four icons you have are just fine. Your firmware looks to be right to me as the TF300 has only been updated by Asus to 4.2 which has the four icons you refer to.

Here is a simple thing to try. When your TF gets to the spinning wheel, try holding down the power button for up to 60 seconds until the screen goes black & then the device starts to reboot again. Release the power button when you see something appear on the screen - that used to get my TF101 going when it got stuck like this.

If that doesn't get it, try this...
    Unplug the power cord and shut the unit off. Press and hold the VOL DOWN and then POWER button at the same time for at least 10-12 seconds to boot up

If your TF is on 4.2 you should then see the four icons you describe - press vol down key to choose the middle Android icon & once you do that press the vol up key, that will start a cold boot process that should delete the system cache, but not delete any of your data.

As far as wiping the data is concerned, all your apps are available free from the Play store (even the paid for ones) as they are attached to your Google Account, not your device.

As far as your books are concerned, they should all be available free as well - any of the mainstream sources allow you to re download them again without further charge - Amazon, Google, Barnes & Noble. Of course if they are free anyway (public domain) then that goes without saying.

There are some guides that might help you linked from our Master Help Guide - two concern the manual updating/refreshing of your firmware using a microSD card. The other concerns Factory Resetting (or wiping the data). You may well find it helpful to read through those. One other thing to advise & that is to keep your TF300 well charged at this point - you don't want a battery charge failure to add to your troubles!

Gtanner00 is one of the best here at sorting these things out, so he'll no doubt add further advise as you go forward.

All the best

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    5 times
    Thanks for the various suggestions. I've tried cold booting several times without success and holding down the power button until it turns dark and waiting for something to appear on the screen also brings me back to the same place. I don't have a microSD card handy but I'll check the Master Guide on refreshing the firmware. I know I can download all the books again but I'd like to avoid the hassle since a number of them are specialized documents and so don't come from the usual book sources and I'd have to track them down again.

Developer
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    50 times
    Thanks for the various suggestions. I've tried cold booting several times without success and holding down the power button until it turns dark and waiting for something to appear on the screen also brings me back to the same place. I don't have a microSD card handy but I'll check the Master Guide on refreshing the firmware. I know I can download all the books again but I'd like to avoid the hassle since a number of them are specialized documents and so don't come from the usual book sources and I'd have to track them down again.
    I don't know if Gtanner00 has any tutorial for setting up adb for TF300t but droidbound has a very nice tutorial for adb setup on the TF700t forum. You can read through it to see if you can set up adb on your PC. I am very sure that your data partition is screwed by your logitech Harmony remote program that you were working on. If you have a working logitech romote program or app, you may want to try pushing it to your device to replace the non-working one to see if you are able to boot back your system. If adb is running, you may be able to pull your data from your device, good luck..

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    Hi Alf,

It sounds like your OS has become corrupted in some way. That probably does mean that it is going to be a highly complicated process to try & get your data off your device successfully

A microSD card is pretty inexpensive - you'll only need a small size one to do this - and trying to reflash the firmware with the same firmware you had on your device may well not wipe out your user data - but then again, it might...

You may even find your device has developed a hardware fault on the internal flash memory...

It is difficult to say with any certainty, remotely. If you don't feel able to take this on yourself, then a visit to a friendly local computer technician might be an option - but do try to ascertain that they are familiar with Android & not just Windows.

All the best with it...

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links