Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AlfKatz View Post
    Thanks for all the comments and feedback - it's beginning to look like I may have to start afresh. Letmeknow you indicated that you thought it was the Logitech Harmony program that caused the problem. I was wondering about that since it occurred right after I'd been working on the program and shut down the tablet. Do you have any idea why this might be the case? You stated "If you have a working logitech romote program or app, you may want to try pushing it to your device to replace the non-working one to see if you are able to boot back your system." what exactly do you mean by that and how do I do it?
    Don't let LMK lead you astray....
    He tends to forget that some users (like 99.9% of all Android users) do not habitually flash and tinker with their devices.
    If you did not enable USB debugging on your tablet when you could still boot it, there's no way to push anything to the tablet or pull anything off - ADB will not work.
    Unless he found a secret backdoor he's not telling anybody about...

Developer
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    50 times
    Quote Originally Posted by droidbound View Post
    Don't let LMK lead you astray....
    He tends to forget that some users (like 99.9% of all Android users) do not habitually flash and tinker with their devices.
    If you did not enable USB debugging on your tablet when you could still boot it, there's no way to push anything to the tablet or pull anything off - ADB will not work.
    Unless he found a secret backdoor he's not telling anybody about...
    Maybe, AlfKatz is the 0.1% of the users, LOL..

This is the crazy idea. If you unpack the Asus stock and enable the USB debug, then you repack the original file. It may work, do you think?
    Last edited by LetMeKnow; 06-19-2014 at 11:14 PM.
    droidbound likes this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Quote Originally Posted by LetMeKnow View Post
    Maybe, AlfKatz is the 0.1% of the users, LOL..

This is the crazy idea. If you unpack the Asus stock and enable the USB debug, then you repack the original file. It may work, do you think?
    The odds are against you, my friend. Don't ever go to Vegas! LMAO

If he can flash the original firmware, why unpack the blob, root through (I assume) thousands of lines of code to find the USB debugging option, set it to true, repack it (and I have no idea if this even can be done) and then flash that blob to get a stock rom with USB debugging enabled .... if flashing the same untampered firmware would get him back to a healthy system with exactly the same result as in: all data gone???????????????? LMAO

@AlfKatz - I apologize, this must be truly confusing. Never mind the banter - we're here for you, just gotta have some fun along with our obsession....
    Last edited by droidbound; 06-20-2014 at 02:45 AM.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    99.9% of all Android users do not habitually flash and tinker with their devices.
    You are completely right - and you can firmly include me in that category - you won't find me doing anything other than "stock" - with a few stock Google & bloatware apps disabled...

But I'm useful for straight line thinking & process... I hope...

I'll bow out now & leave the fixing to the technical guru's. Hope you get your TF working Alf. All the best.
    droidbound likes this.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Developer
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    50 times
    The odds are against you, my friend. Don't ever go to Vegas! LMAO

If he can flash the original firmware, why unpack the blob, root through (I assume) thousands of lines of code to find the USB debugging option, set it to true, repack it (and I have no idea if this even can be done) and then flash that blob to get a stock rom with USB debugging enabled .... if flashing the same untampered firmware would get him back to a healthy system with exactly the same result as in: all data gone???????????????? LMAO

@AlfKatz - I apologize, this must be truly confusing. Never mind the banter - we're here for you, just gotta have some fun along with our obsession....
    @droidbound

You don't get the idea, haha.. AlfKatz's system is fine, I guess, but the data partition is corruptted, I believe. If you look at the booting process, the system is booting first and loading everything after including the user data which is the issue. In the ramdisk, I saw the USB secure is set and the custom kernel is set the USB unsecure. It may be the switch for the USB enable. I never test it so I don't know if that is the case... Let assume that we can enable the USB debug on for the firmware and flash it, then the system will load first before the data which will enable the USB debug. Even with the system is stuck in the loop trying to load the user data, you still can use the adb, right...

@AlfKatz
    We can get you up and run again without the issue but your data will be loss. It is the part that we try to save your data before getting your device fix.

This is another idea and option, since you can still access to your bootloader, you can unlock your device and install the custom recovery. In the TWRP, you can move your data from internal sd to your external sd. It is an idea and just throw it out there for you and good luck..

EDIT: Please ignore the comment above, you need to run the unlock app in order to unlock your device and it is not an option for you. I am out of idea how to save your data and hope someone else had a betteridea, good luck..

EDIT:
    @droidbound
    Teamwin is able to format the user data only without wipe the media folder. Just wander how they do it. Maybe using fastboot to wipe user data only without touching media folder...
    Last edited by LetMeKnow; 06-20-2014 at 10:11 AM.
    droidbound likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    5 times
    I'm afraid I'm part of the 99.9% who doesn't understand some of the finer points mentioned above but I am willing to try and reinstall the firmware from a microSD. Does the firmware contain the Android operating system or is that a whole different thing? When I go the drivers page at Asus, I see four different listing for firmware one for JP SKU, one for CN SKU, one for WW SKU and one for US SKU. I'm assuming that since I bought the tablet in the USA I would need the US SKU - is that correct. There are instructions on how to find which SKU you have but since it requires one to be able to run the tablet it doesn't do me any good. I'll plan on using the US SKU unless I hear otherwise from somebody here. Now to go and get a microSD card and an adapter since none of my other computers have microSD slots. Once I have the microSD and, assuming, I can get the tablet running (fingers and toes crossed) I assume that I can then use the microSD card as additional storage - is that correct?

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    I'm afraid I'm part of the 99.9% who doesn't understand some of the finer points mentioned above but I am willing to try and reinstall the firmware from a microSD. Does the firmware contain the Android operating system or is that a whole different thing? When I go the drivers page at Asus, I see four different listing for firmware one for JP SKU, one for CN SKU, one for WW SKU and one for US SKU. I'm assuming that since I bought the tablet in the USA I would need the US SKU - is that correct. There are instructions on how to find which SKU you have but since it requires one to be able to run the tablet it doesn't do me any good. I'll plan on using the US SKU unless I hear otherwise from somebody here. Now to go and get a microSD card and an adapter since none of my other computers have microSD slots. Once I have the microSD and, assuming, I can get the tablet running (fingers and toes crossed) I assume that I can then use the microSD card as additional storage - is that correct?
    The firmware contains everything - the whole kaboodle: OS, bootloader, recovery etc
    Yes, the US SKU is the one you want to grab.
    A microSD is a very handy thing to have. Makes moving file between computer and tablet easier, is great for backups (hint, hint) and stuff you don't want to loose if something like this happens...

If you have a Dropbox account, consider setting up automatic backups from your tablet with the app 'Dropsync'. Google Drive provides the same thing. And if you backup mostly books, you can probably fit half the Library of Congress into the free space either of them gives you.
    Good luck - let us know if you have questions.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    5 times

Great news! I now have a working tablet with all my books and all my apps.
    I went ahead and got a microSD card, copied the firmware to it, inserted it into the tablet, pressed the power off and volume down keys and when I got the four icons I clicked on the power up and it started updating. I got panicky for a while when after the initial update it gave me the logo and circling dots again but after a while I got another message that Android was being updated and once that had happened I got my home page back and now everything seems fine.
    I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for taking the time and trouble to give me advice to help me resolve this problem.
    My next order of business is to do backup of all my data to the new microSD card so I will be ready for any future possible calamitys and I will probably take the person's advice who advised that I get some cloud storage.
    Thank you again and I'm pleased to now be a member of such a friendly and helpful community.
    Alf
    droidbound, Swipe and janner43 like this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Great news! I now have a working tablet with all my books and all my apps.
    I went ahead and got a microSD card, copied the firmware to it, inserted it into the tablet, pressed the power off and volume down keys and when I got the four icons I clicked on the power up and it started updating. I got panicky for a while when after the initial update it gave me the logo and circling dots again but after a while I got another message that Android was being updated and once that had happened I got my home page back and now everything seems fine.
    I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for taking the time and trouble to give me advice to help me resolve this problem.
    My next order of business is to do backup of all my data to the new microSD card so I will be ready for any future possible calamitys and I will probably take the person's advice who advised that I get some cloud storage.
    Thank you again and I'm pleased to now be a member of such a friendly and helpful community.
    Alf
    Great news AlfKatz!
    Now, one question: Do I read your post correctly, that the firmware update did NOT erase your personal data: Your books and such???

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    501 times
    A firmware update done like this (on our Transformers) should not erase personal data. It is not the equivalent of a factory reset.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links