Thread: Won't turn on and won't charge

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times

Won't turn on and won't charge

I have an Asus TF300T and about 10h ago i had no problem with pad, i switched off and at 80% battery and about an 1h ago i tried to turn on and nothing happens, i plugged the charger, and ...nothing happend no moving on the screen and the led on the power button it doesn't turn green or red or any color..i have the original charger i tried to do the reset ( Volume Down + Power button ..for a minute!! ) and still nothing happend.. What can i do? Tks

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    Welcome to the forum. I suggest you have a look at the Cold Boot procedure as outlined in the Master Help Guide, linked below in my signature.

There are also several similar threads listed near the bottom of this web page. There may be a suggestion there that will help you get your tablet working again.

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dytzzzu View Post
    I have an Asus TF300T and about 10h ago i had no problem with pad, i switched off and at 80% battery and about an 1h ago i tried to turn on and nothing happens, i plugged the charger, and ...nothing happend no moving on the screen and the led on the power button it doesn't turn green or red or any color..i have the original charger i tried to do the reset ( Volume Down + Power button ..for a minute!! ) and still nothing happend.. What can i do? Tks
    Sometimes trickle charging it via USB from your computer revives it.
    Make sure your PC does not go to sleep, connect the tab via original USB cable and leave it for 8 hours.
    The indicators will not show any charge but it should charge very slowly.
    Praying may be helpful too. Good luck!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by droidbound View Post
    Sometimes trickle charging it via USB from your computer revives it.
    Make sure your PC does not go to sleep, connect the tab via original USB cable and leave it for 8 hours.
    The indicators will not show any charge but it should charge very slowly.
    Praying may be helpful too. Good luck!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
    So i tried to charge via computer and now..again..won't turn on..so..the question is..i must replace the battery?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    10 times
    dytzzzu.............now this is a long shot........but it MIGHT work. My Tf300 won't turn on correctly as intended ( Among lots of other problems I have had with it. ) but I found it WILL turn on if I take the Tablet out of the Dock for a few seconds ( Screen turns on ) and then put it back in the Dock. This silly state of affairs works for me as my ON/OFF button does not work. After use I have to turn the TF300 off by pressing TOP RIGHT with a Lock and arrow on it.I also have to make sure the Wireless is OFF as this drains my Battery overnight if left on, although the Tablet is switched off.
    This is what mine goes through to switch it on and use it, a right pain in the **** but it does mean that I can use it again rather than throw it away as I was going to do.
    ALL of my problems started when I sent my TF300 away to Asus because the screen cracked after 6 weeks use. These problems were there when it came back from the Czech Republic Repair Facility.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOWDROP252 View Post
    dytzzzu.............now this is a long shot........but it MIGHT work. My Tf300 won't turn on correctly as intended ( Among lots of other problems I have had with it. ) but I found it WILL turn on if I take the Tablet out of the Dock for a few seconds ( Screen turns on ) and then put it back in the Dock. This silly state of affairs works for me as my ON/OFF button does not work. After use I have to turn the TF300 off by pressing TOP RIGHT with a Lock and arrow on it.I also have to make sure the Wireless is OFF as this drains my Battery overnight if left on, although the Tablet is switched off.
    This is what mine goes through to switch it on and use it, a right pain in the **** but it does mean that I can use it again rather than throw it away as I was going to do.
    ALL of my problems started when I sent my TF300 away to Asus because the screen cracked after 6 weeks use. These problems were there when it came back from the Czech Republic Repair Facility.
    i tried..nothing.. tks for the info..but doesn't work for me

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    10 times
    Sorry it didn't work for you.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    1 times
    This (USB + praying) worked for me. Thank-you!
    SNOWDROP252 likes this.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links