Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Help please - asus TF300t from eBay stuck in boot loop stuck on asus logo page

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times

Help please - asus TF300t from eBay stuck in boot loop stuck on asus logo page

Hi all,
    Just new to the site and really would love if someone could advise me on what I can do. Long story short bought a asus TF300t from eBay stuck in boot loop stuck on asus logo page. After pressing vol down and power loads to screen with 3 icons RCK , android , wipe top left also says unlocked. When I choose the RCK or android icons it does not go any further I receive unrecoverable bootloder error 0x000000 even get same error after choosing wipe. So I tried to reflash software but when connecting to usb to PC device manager says unrecognised usb device I have tried ADB drivers , asus suite drivers , android drivers. Tried manually updating drivers still no luck. I've tried win 7 pro 64bit win 8 win 8.1 tried different cables USB ports front and back tried everything I can think of. Sorry I don't know history of tablet if has had custom firmware or not and because I've tried vol up with power too it's seems there's no recovery. Please help with advise on how I can force computer to see tablet so I can then fastboot.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 3.X
    Liked
    46 times
    Welcome aboard! Hopefully someone will be along to help with your issue ...

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by coolzer0 View Post
    Hi all,
    Just new to the site and really would love if someone could advise me on what I can do. Long story short bought a asus TF300t from eBay stuck in boot loop stuck on asus logo page. After pressing vol down and power loads to screen with 3 icons RCK , android , wipe top left also says unlocked. When I choose the RCK or android icons it does not go any further I receive unrecoverable bootloder error 0x000000 even get same error after choosing wipe. So I tried to reflash software but when connecting to usb to PC device manager says unrecognised usb device I have tried ADB drivers , asus suite drivers , android drivers. Tried manually updating drivers still no luck. I've tried win 7 pro 64bit win 8 win 8.1 tried different cables USB ports front and back tried everything I can think of. Sorry I don't know history of tablet if has had custom firmware or not and because I've tried vol up with power too it's seems there's no recovery. Please help with advise on how I can force computer to see tablet so I can then fastboot.
    This may be a job for our resident "unbricker" Droidbound.

As far as I know, you can only flash firmware with fastboot (adb won't work in the bootloader) if the device is unlocked. Try rebooting again and look to see if it says "device is unlocked" in the right corner when it first boots up. If it is then the solution is a little easier.

If you are not unlocked then I'm not sure if you can fix this one. Normally you need to be able to select the RCK icon to restore firmware on a locked device. If you are getting an error (if you see an android man on his back that means that recovery is working) then that means that the tablet won't recognize the file and is completely bricked.

I'm hoping that the device is unlocked since it would almost surely have to be in order to get bricked bad like that.

I'm sure Droidbound will be around d in the next 24h to help you. He has gotten many people in this site out of bad situations and he is an asset to this forum.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    droidbound likes this.
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Jeez, Gtanner00 - thanks! But the pressure man, the pressure....
    And you summed it up quite nicely: If coolzer0 is unlocked there is hope if not there is Asus and a new main board....
    Actually - it sems to be possible to wipe some partitions in fastboot even if your bootloader is locked. You just can't install anything in fastboot on a locked bootloader. I have never tried this myself but I have it "on good authority".
    My idea would be that he could try to wipe the data partition in fastboot and maybe, hopefully that would clean up what's preventing Android from booting...... Slim chance but maybe worth trying if anything else fails.
    First things first: Are you unlocked?
    Here's a nifty little tool to install fastboot and adb drivers that has been working for people when everything else failed:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2588979

Uninstall the other drivers you tried first, then run this tool.
    Be patient. I have avery busy day ahead of me and won't be back here before tomorrow pm

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Try using the command "fastboot devices" and see if the computer returns a strong of numbers I dictating a fastboot connection to your tablet.

*I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

______

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    If you can get fastboot working, buster99's method seems ideal for your situation (not knowing what has been done to the poor thing):
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2179759&page=2

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you all so much for your warm welcome and advise. I have run into another issue I have followed all directions from link provided and installed drivers however when attach usb it continues to register as UNKNOWN DEVICE even after trying to auto and manual update the driver. I have used usbview and made sure no android drivers are over riding I have made sure all adb and any other android driver are not install. I still continue to get UNKNOWN DEVICE. I've tried win 7 , win 8 , win 8.1. Same result on all after many frustrating hours. I rang asus and explained that it says unlocked and the error unrecoverable bootloader error 0x0000000. They say it's hardware issue. They didn't seem to know anything other then the set customer response that there computer was telling them to say and they were more interested in trying to make me sent it to there service centre then help me trouble shoot the problem.
    So if you have any more suggestions that would be greatly appreciated. I think if I can get it to register as asus bootloader or even android usb in device manager I might have a shot. I have rooted and rom many android phones and tablets (mostly Asian stuff) and a lot of Apple stuff as well. But this has just stumped me. Iam not a noob at this but definitely no expert. Any more suggestions cheers.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    50 times
    My suggestion is to throw it out and buy a new tablet.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Cake sure you are in the bootloader with the three icons (not RCK) also make sure that you disabled some sort of drivers setting for windows 8.x (try these instructions http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...tboot-t1982718)

I think that the tablet will say something like "starting fastboot protocol" when you boot into the bootloader.

______

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Quote Originally Posted by coolzer0 View Post
    Thank you all so much for your warm welcome and advise. I have run into another issue I have followed all directions from link provided and installed drivers however when attach usb it continues to register as UNKNOWN DEVICE even after trying to auto and manual update the driver. I have used usbview and made sure no android drivers are over riding I have made sure all adb and any other android driver are not install. I still continue to get UNKNOWN DEVICE. I've tried win 7 , win 8 , win 8.1. Same result on all after many frustrating hours. I rang asus and explained that it says unlocked and the error unrecoverable bootloader error 0x0000000. They say it's hardware issue. They didn't seem to know anything other then the set customer response that there computer was telling them to say and they were more interested in trying to make me sent it to there service centre then help me trouble shoot the problem.
    So if you have any more suggestions that would be greatly appreciated. I think if I can get it to register as asus bootloader or even android usb in device manager I might have a shot. I have rooted and rom many android phones and tablets (mostly Asian stuff) and a lot of Apple stuff as well. But this has just stumped me. Iam not a noob at this but definitely no expert. Any more suggestions cheers.
    Did you try to install the Asus Sync Utility (downloadable from the same place where you get the firmware)? That should install the Asus device drivers.
    If that doesn't work either: Would you consider installing Linux as dual boot on your Windows machine? Or just run a Linux distro off a bootable DVD. In Linux you don't need no stinkin' device drivers for fastboot

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links