Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times

Angry Multiple issues with my device.

Hello! I own a Transformer TF300T for more than a year and i've been having problems with it since day one. It's my first ASUS device and already such a bad experience...
    My issues differ from the ones I found described on these forums, so I haven't found any solution yet.

1. Touch Screen problem.
    The screen on my device appears to be living its own life. Sometimes it would just randomly not work, being completely unresponsive, like it's not connected with other parts of the device. No matter how/where I touch it, it doesn't respond. All the hardware buttons work fine during such "incidents". Connecting device to charger, turning it off and on again, making a reset to default settings doesn't help. NOTHING HELPS! The strange thing is that in a couple of hours/days it works again, and works PERFECTLY, like nothing happened. Don't know what causes it and how to fix it by myself. I've always handled the device gently and never dropped/sinked/damaged it.

2. Battery behaving strange.
    After fully charging the device I start using it and notice the battery/battery indicator behaving strange. About 1 or 1.5 hours of usage battery indicator shows 100% level of charge and then it starts to deplete very quickly.. when it reaches the 29% mark, the battery indicator turns red (meaning that it needs to be charged) and at about 25-27% the device turns off completely as if the battery would completely be uncharged.. In the first months of usage the indicator would turn red at 20% charge and the device would turn off at approximately 15% (which is still not standard situation). Throughout the year of usage the issue has been getting progressively worse. It seems that every next recharge cycle the battery life shortens and the device turns off when there's still 1/3 of charge left... I can squeeze 6+ hours of usage until the device turns off. I tried different "battery calibrating" apps from Google Play but none helped.

3. Device+dock problems.
    It takes about 10+ times to put a flash in the USB before it recognizes that it is plugged. Also, the battery indicator of the dock sometimes freezes and stops updating. Reconnecting the Pad with dock helps, but again, after 10+ times.

I know for sure that these issues aren't related with firmware because I always update it as soon as the new one gets released.

Warranty service is not an option for me, because the device were bought in the USA and delivered to me (Europe).
    If you experienced such issues or can share some advice on how to resolve these issues, it would be great!
    Last edited by Wyter44; 10-30-2013 at 05:58 PM.

Senior Moderator Meritorious
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    903 times
    Welcome to the forum Wyter44, sorry to hear all your problems. Have you tried a hard reset or factory reset? If you haven't, I would certainly give it a try, first the hard reset, and it that doesn't help the factory reset. I think they will help! Instructions are in The Master Help Guide
    Asus Eee Pad TF101 (gave to wife); Samsung Galaxy Note 8 phone and tablet

The Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html
    Guidelines of Conduct http://www.transformerforums.com/for...orums-com.html
    Frederuco's Fantastical Forum Favorites http://www.transformerforums.com/for...favorites.html
    Asus T100 Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    6 times
    I can sympathize with the battery issues as I am currently going through the same issue with mine (for the second time). The first time it was in warranty and was repaired accordingly. Now I've got to make the decision whether to get it repaired again. In my case the tablet dies at just under 60% I don't appear to have the random reading issue as the battery indicator on mine does at least appear to run down in what seems to be a normal fashion.

I spoke to a UK-based repairer (having logged an enquiry on his site) and he was very wary about performing a battery change because (in his words) too many had subsequently failed again.

My brother, on the other had, also has one of these devices, bought at the same time an he has never encountered any issues with the battery on his.

If the unit is still within its first year there's no harm in contacting Asus and seeing what they say about your dock. That certainly is something which hasn't let me down at all. I dock, undock, and re-dock regularly and have no issues with the USB port. Only yesterday I connected a 1TB portable hard drive to copy off some data and it worked just fine. Anyway, my brother did have a minor issue with his dock (keys occasionally failing to work) and since buying the unit in the UK he'd subsequently emigrated to Australia. He used the Australian Asus web site to log his problem and they didn't bat an eyelid. He shipped his dock of to Sydney, and 10 days later it came back repaired. As far as I know it's been as good as gold ever since.

-Phil.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for your replies.
    sculptedstylus, I did both hard reset and factory reset, none helped.
    leeshor, Well, I'll give it a try, but I doubt they will accept the warranty and repair it for free.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links