Thread: Charger cord is not working

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times

Charger cord is not working

About two weeks ago the charger cord that came with my tablet suddenly stop working. I also have the keyboard and it won't charge that either. Then about three days later it started charging and then it stopped working... So I went ahead and went to Office Depot to see if they had chargers (they didn't) yet the computer clerk said it sounded like it was just the cord and not the actual prong adapter.... I ended up ordering a new cord and that is not doing the trick.... My question is if anyone has had this issue and if I should order a whole new charger or just the adapter thing... I have only had the tablet for a little over 6 months. And where is a good place to order it from or is amazon fine.
    Thanks.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    100 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lizz View Post
    About two weeks ago the charger cord that came with my tablet suddenly stop working. I also have the keyboard and it won't charge that either. Then about three days later it started charging and then it stopped working... So I went ahead and went to Office Depot to see if they had chargers (they didn't) yet the computer clerk said it sounded like it was just the cord and not the actual prong adapter.... I ended up ordering a new cord and that is not doing the trick.... My question is if anyone has had this issue and if I should order a whole new charger or just the adapter thing... I have only had the tablet for a little over 6 months. And where is a good place to order it from or is amazon fine.
    Thanks.
    I got an extra cord and charger from caseen which is a vendor that supports the forum. Its an Asus charger. I also got the network dock, which I love as a nightstand dock. Any charger can go bad, but I prefer to use the OEM vice aftermarket. Others may say the aftermarket chargers are just as good. The aftermarket chargers I have seen have the cord permanently attached which I see as a downside if you need a data cable.

Sent via electron magic. My opinion is my opinion and any solutions or ideas probably have a hundred ways to arrive at the same result. Unless you pay someone to provide the right answer, you get what you get. Free advice is often worth what you paid for it.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lizz View Post
    Thanks.
    If you just purchased the unit 6 months ago it should still be under warranty? Are you located in the US? If so I can possibly help you. Go ahead and send me an email at cl-fred@asus.com
    mrumm49 and Swipe like this.
    Direct Contact: cl-fred@asus.com

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi - im just jumping on board this post as it mentions "charger". I have just bought a tf300t which is on it's way - but minus the charger. PLease could you tell me whether just buying the usb charger/data cable is okay and whether i can just plug this into my s3 usb power plug or my htc usb power plug to charge the dock and tablet? or do I need ot actually buy a proper plug as they seem to sell on amazon?

Thanks

Paul

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2827 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pmitchell15 View Post
    Hi - im just jumping on board this post as it mentions "charger". I have just bought a tf300t which is on it's way - but minus the charger. PLease could you tell me whether just buying the usb charger/data cable is okay and whether i can just plug this into my s3 usb power plug or my htc usb power plug to charge the dock and tablet? or do I need ot actually buy a proper plug as they seem to sell on amazon?

Thanks

Paul
    Welcome to the forum Paul

In the Master Help Guide (see link in signature) you will find a definitive guide thread on the subject of batteries / charging on Asus tablets including the Transformer range.

Have a look at that as you will see that the TF charger is pretty unique & while other chargers will charge - they will take a long time (maybe a very long time ) to do it.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    2 times
    Have you considered this?

Regards,

Lt. Dang

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links