Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times

TF300T Running 4.2.1 with Charging & Screen Sensitivity Issues

My tf300t sometimes won't fully charge unless I restart first. I'm having a hard time finding someone who can help. Any ideas appreciated!

Sometimes my tf300t won't sense a screen press when I turn it on and swipe or tap. If I turn it off and on again it works most of the time, although sometimes a full restart is required. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by janner43; 07-15-2013 at 01:36 AM. Reason: Merged posts

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mjbigelow View Post
    My tf300t sometimes won't fully charge unless I restart first. I'm having a hard time finding someone who can help. Any ideas appreciated!

Sometimes my tf300t won't sense a screen press when I turn it on and swipe or tap. If I turn it off and on again it works most of the time, although sometimes a full restart is required. Thanks in advance!
    Welcome to the forum

You started two different threads on the glitches you are having with your device & I have popped them together here & added detail to the thread title for you. No need for two threads - we can cover everything here.

It sounds to me as if you are experiencing the sort of gremlin that occurs on a device when it has had several firmware & OS updates. It is quite common in those circumstances for this sort of weirdness to occur.

I suggest the following (do it all with the dock connected if you have it)...
    1) Connect your TF to the charger & then power it off
    2) Leave it to charge overnight
    3) Cold boot (see link in signature) to power it on
    4) Backup your files, photos, app data etc etc & then Factory Reset your device. There is a step by step guide on how to do this linked from the Master Help Guide (link in signature) if you would find it helpful.

Once you have Factory Reset & restored all your apps & backups, allow your device to use its battery/ies down to around 15% (but no lower than 10%). Then connect to the charger, power off & then allow the device a full, 8 hour minimum charge.

I feel confidant that the process I have outlined should get your device back to normal for you.

All the best & let us know how you get on.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300TG (3G)
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by janner43 View Post
    Welcome to the forum

You started two different threads on the glitches you are having with your device & I have popped them together here & added detail to the thread title for you. No need for two threads - we can cover everything here.

It sounds to me as if you are experiencing the sort of gremlin that occurs on a device when it has had several firmware & OS updates. It is quite common in those circumstances for this sort of weirdness to occur.

I suggest the following (do it all with the dock connected if you have it)...
    1) Connect your TF to the charger & then power it off
    2) Leave it to charge overnight
    3) Cold boot (see link in signature) to power it on
    4) Backup your files, photos, app data etc etc & then Factory Reset your device. There is a step by step guide on how to do this linked from the Master Help Guide (link in signature) if you would find it helpful.

Once you have Factory Reset & restored all your apps & backups, allow your device to use its battery/ies down to around 15% (but no lower than 10%). Then connect to the charger, power off & then allow the device a full, 8 hour minimum charge.

I feel confidant that the process I have outlined should get your device back to normal for you.

All the best & let us know how you get on.
    I think mine has a different gremlin, one that slows it down and makes the screen very sensitive (senses the touch without touching the screen). Very disappointed with Asus.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks so much for your help!! I thought your steps would do the trick as the problems didn't start until a couple of firmware updates ago. However, the steps you outlined have not solved the problem. Maybe it's a hardware issue?

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mjbigelow View Post
    Thanks so much for your help!! I thought your steps would do the trick as the problems didn't start until a couple of firmware updates ago. However, the steps you outlined have not solved the problem. Maybe it's a hardware issue?
    Sort to hear that the process hasn't fixed things for you.

The only thing you can do now to rule out any rogue app (unlikely) is to Factory Reset again, but this time just use the device in a stock condition for a few days (don't load anything else back on again) - if the problem clears then you will have a detective job on your hands to track which app is the culprit. If it doesn't then in that case I suggest you return your device to either your retailer for a refund/replacement or that you contact Asus for a RMA and a warranty repair. The screen tap issue is what would make me especially suspicious of a hardware problem.
    Last edited by janner43; 07-18-2013 at 02:44 AM.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links