Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times

Question Unresponsive (unlock) screen & overall strange behaviour

I have my TF300T for nearly 6 months running only with some minor issues & glitches. But two days ago it started to act a bit strange. Sometimes the touch input seem to be a bit off - you touch somewhere, but the response to the touch on the screen seems located about 1-2cm off the input (kind of).

Other thing is unresponsive unlock screen: I touch the power button to wake the tab, the screen lit itself and I can see the unlock animation once...but then I'm unable to unlock it. I keep trying to touch the lock but with no response. The same goes with the clock widget. Once I did manage to unlock it after several screen on/off but the running app or home screen was totally unresponsive too. Strange thing is that after pressing the power button I can choose power off, reboot or even flight mode without any problems.

Rebooting the device usually fixes the problem/s BUT sometimes not at all or only half-way. Then I put the tab aside for 5-10 minutes to pick it up again and suddenly there is no problem or only for a short time and everything works just like before. And then after a few hours in sleep or next day in the morning - I'm having trouble to unlock it again...

Any ideas what this is about? I did not install any new app during the last 2 weeks (but I have checked auto-updates of the installed ones). My first idea was that the system might be slowed down by these updates (every day there's 2-5 updates). And when I open the settings > apps I can see two thirds of the RAM free.

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    It might be an issue with your digitizer. Have you tried a full factory reset on the device yet? If not, give that a shot and if it still behaves that way, you should get it sent in to be checked up. The warranty covers issues with the digitizer, and since you've only had it for 6 months, you should still be in the warranty period.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    OK, I did a full factory reset as you suggested (on 06-28-2013) and everything was nice & smooth until this morning. I wanted to do something quickly before leaving for work & the unlock screen was again unresponsive - that mean only the lock icon. I'm using the new launcher and the top drawers with notifications and settings was responsive and somewhat usable. I didn't have time to test it more thoroughly yet.

I'm suspecting it might have something to do with the mode: power saving, balanced, normal and with the network mode? A few days ago I changed this from balanced to normal and set the network to constant on. So maybe if I grab a tab after a while or so when it's full of updates, notifications etc it's first a bit overwhelmed?

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links