Thread: TF300T Slowed Down to a Crawl

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Just de-installed Facebook app and speed
    Is back to normal. Any comments on other people who try that? I still get my Facebook fix through the web version.

Developer & Repair Magician
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    335 times
    Facebook, or any of their knockoffs--NEVER USE THESE APPS! They are resource hogs bent on installing malware on your machine. All of them, however, can be accessed through browsers, where you have control over their behavior, as you should have,

As an aside, the same is true of Amazon's new Underground app. Crippled one underpowered Droid I have, until I uninstalled it, and flat-out bricked another--wouldn't boot at all until I restored a Nandroid.
    Swipe likes this.
    Master Help Guide--guide to help from the masters:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

T100 Master Help Guide:Caster's comprehensive guide to comprehending the T100

TF100 FAQ--Frequently Asked Questions about the TF100:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...s-guides-tips/

What Got Me In to All This Trouble--Linux live CD with ADB & Fastboot:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...x-live-cd.html

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1223 times

I found my 32GB TF300 slowing down considerably after I had filled the onboard storage - with 3 or 4 GB left. As soon as I reduced the amount used to about 10GB free it was much better. I usually set the developer option to 4 or less background processes. And I use Greenify to hibernate those pesky apps that startup when you turn on the tablet.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    3 times
    Ok, after years of playing with the tf300t, and not rooting or installing a custom rom, I figured out exactly what the slow problem is with the tf300t. Multiple accounts bog down the system. I had my wife's Google account along with mine. Here is what I did, and it released my system to perform. I have my Google account, my Evernote account that sync, and that is it. My Informant app syncs though the Google Account. I got rid of everything else that syncs, like Push Bullet. This all makes sense that a custom ROM would manage these things better on a multi tasking level. This also makes sense that a factory reset works too. It gets rid of everything that bogs it down, and then it bogs down again when they are re-installed. Some say the Custom ROMs don't support the keyboard, bluetooth and such. For now, my tf300t has a new lease on life just doing my one account with the basics. Mystery solved, the machine does perform well, if it is loaded with a single account. Chrome even works well with this basic approach. This conclusion was reached after 6 years of playing with it.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    3 times
    Well, here I am again. Earlier I posted that multiple accounts slowed the tf300 down, but I have since added my Wife's account and another account, for a total of three, and it's still flying. This time I looked at the heat from the processors. I'm stock 4.2.1 by the way. When everything was enabled, there was no heat from the processor or memory, and it was slow. I disabled some of the native pre installed apps (mostly things to do with the cloud and sync) and it's running smooth. Chrome is a little slow still, but not like it was. Now it is generating the heat that it should and it's fast. Faster than when new. I believe the update prevented all cores to operate when certain sync/cloud apps were enabled. Chrome works pretty good now, and everything else operates as it should. I do not think it is a hardware issue now.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    3 times
    I've posted several times on this thread with some possible solutions to the slow tf3300t. I have it figured out. It's a memory full issue, not hardware. The 103C which is the successor of the 300 treats this issue differently. The 300 slows to a crawl, the 103 just crashes. So what works for the tf300t? Clear memory before and after using an app. I have Chrome, Blue Mail and calendar programs working pretty well on this thing. Unfortunately, One Note won't work on it anymore, and Evernote barely works. I have mine running better than it ever has been. I use Asus's One Click Clean that comes with it. I use it before opening and after closing the apps. If this tablet came with 3 to 4 gigs of Ram, it would be one of the best on the Market. I have not rooted it or installed any special ROM. I just understand what it can and can't do. I still use mine everyday.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    3 times
    I've posted a few times on this thread, with some pointers. I would like to add that the magic browser to use for the ft300t is Puffin, hands down. It works real well. I hear it works for the other slow tablets too. Puffin is real fast and perhaps a perfect match for these tablets.

Developer & Repair Magician
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    335 times
    Quote Originally Posted by donfrankmagic View Post
    I've posted a few times on this thread, with some pointers. I would like to add that the magic browser to use for the ft300t is Puffin, hands down. It works real well. I hear it works for the other slow tablets too. Puffin is real fast and perhaps a perfect match for these tablets.
    The lightest, fastest browser I've found is Naked Browser. Little bit of a learning curve but awesome performance.
    Master Help Guide--guide to help from the masters:

T100 Master Help Guide:Caster's comprehensive guide to comprehending the T100

TF100 FAQ--Frequently Asked Questions about the TF100:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...s-guides-tips/

What Got Me In to All This Trouble--Linux live CD with ADB & Fastboot:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...x-live-cd.html

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links