Thread: TF300T Slowed Down to a Crawl

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjaan View Post
    I was also extremely frustrated with the "slowed to a crawl" behaviour, specially after the upgrade. I just went in to Settings>Apps and Stopped and Disabled (IMHO) garbage apps like Hangouts, @Vibe Game, and so on. Did a cold boot and it works well now. Be brutal and kill all those idiotic apps yoou dont use but which keep running. Just ignore the warnings, nothing stops working. Just dont disable core apps. Junk Chrome on this tablet, is a hog on resources.

Am still hopeful of using Tegra with Ubuntu on the TF300T. Anyone tried it yet?
    Oh I have stopped just about everything and deleted about everything I don't use but it still slows to a crawl. Web pages can take 30 seconds to fully as the loading indicator circle spins a little then stops then spins a little then stops, on 18 mps Uverse internet which screams on my desktops and notebook. Typing and page response stutters. About ready to junk it and go with a Fire HDX 8.9.

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    706 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesguy View Post
    Oh I have stopped just about everything and deleted about everything I don't use but it still slows to a crawl. Web pages can take 30 seconds to fully as the loading indicator circle spins a little then stops then spins a little then stops, on 18 mps Uverse internet which screams on my desktops and notebook. Typing and page response stutters. About ready to junk it and go with a Fire HDX 8.9.
    If you're ready to ditch it, why not try a custom rom?
    You may be surprised....

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    3 times
    I took the plunge and switched to a custom ROM on Android 4.4.2 and it was like a new machine, much faster. I recommend the homebuild of OmniROM, details to be found in the Development section of this site.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi there. I strughle with this slow issue. Moving to custom rom helped but still slow. It is very noticebale when i wake up the slate after a day in sleep mode. It looks like when something start running in background it slow dramatically. I wonder if it is not harfang issue but i don't know how to troubleshoot. I am considering a replacement but as i also own the keyboard, i would like to keep it, but very afraid to have the same issue with another asus.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    482 times
    Quote Originally Posted by asubert View Post
    Hi there. I strughle with this slow issue. Moving to custom rom helped but still slow. It is very noticebale when i wake up the slate after a day in sleep mode. It looks like when something start running in background it slow dramatically. I wonder if it is not harfang issue but i don't know how to troubleshoot. I am considering a replacement but as i also own the keyboard, i would like to keep it, but very afraid to have the same issue with another asus.
    Usually at this point I recommend a comete data format. When you install a ROM and slide the factory reset toggle in TWRP (never in the booyloader) you are simply just wiping data on the memory chip. When you actually format the data, which can take up to an hour, you get rid of file corruptions etc that may be slowing down your device on a file system level. Be aware that this takes a long time and should not be interrupted. You should have all data backups and a ROM file on a micro SD as the format will completely erase everything.
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    706 times
    +1 ^^^^^^^
    Don't know what rom you are running, but turning fsync off and using dats2sd does help considerably.
    And turn off auto updates from the Play Store!!! They will always slow this tablet to a crawl after long periods of inactivity. Update your apps when you put it to sleep.
    Swipe likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    0 times
    I have cromi. Du i have to reinstall the ROM to do the recommended modification?

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    706 times
    If you format /data, yes - you have to reflash the rom.
    You are running the original CROMi or CROMi-X? If the former you're quite a few versions behind the latest rom development for this tablet. And the guys still manage to improve on what they've done before.
    Consider updating bootloader and recovery and trying CROMi-X, CROMBi-KK or ZOMBi-X

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    0 times
    i am on cromi x deodex 5.4

So i have to reinstall it and to make sure to choose fsync off and datatosd.
    Regarding complete formating, i need a micro sd before i format. (i dont have one right now) to install new rom. no way to do so only with my PC?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    0 times
    i am on cromi x deodex 5.4

So i have to reinstall it and to make sure to choose fsync off and datatosd.
    Regarding complete formating, i need a micro sd before i format. (i dont have one right now) to install new rom. no way to do so only with my PC?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links