Like Tree10Likes

Thread: TF300T Slowed Down to a Crawl

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    I thought I would provide this update on my ASUS TF300. I cleared the Chrome cash and email defaults. I have been using Dolphin since then, and the behavior/response has been significantly improved. When I exit from Dolphin, I ask it to clear its cash, so that might be a contributing factor.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD

Banned
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    82 times
    Quote Originally Posted by budcurtis View Post
    I thought I would provide this update on my ASUS TF300. I cleared the Chrome cash and email defaults. I have been using Dolphin since then, and the behavior/response has been significantly improved. When I exit from Dolphin, I ask it to clear its cash, so that might be a contributing factor.

Hi budcurtis,
    Look at the string entitled "what browser is every body using? Two posters, jg39 and sculptedstylus reported that the Puffin Browser was exceptionally fast. I tried it and I was amazed. The Puffin Browser runs circles around Chrome on my tf700, and it also runs circles around internet explorer on my HP laptop. I was amazed. For browsing the internet, I will now use my tf700 in preference to my HP laptop. I am looking into installing Puffin Browser on the laptop, and I will do it in a second if I can figure out how. I showed my wife what amazing speed the Puffin Browser has, and she looked to see if she could download it to her ipad2. She could and she did. She is amazed at new pages appearing almost instantly on her ipad2 and I get the same results on my tf700. Try Puffin Browser from the Play Store (I got the pay version, cost 2.99 but worth every cent).

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
    Swipe likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    I just tried PUFFIN and it doesn't seem to be much faster than Dolphin. What I have noticed is Puffin has significant issues with selecting a text field or ongoing a paste.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    3 times

Given up on Factory Resets, not worth the hassle

Quote Originally Posted by Wallydog View Post
    Try going to Apps in settings and clearing all of the caches in the apps you are having problems with . Then do a Cold Boot . With Chrome you will see a slowdown after doing this . Chrome will have to sync again but will get faster the more you use it . Sorry for all the edits on this post .
    I think ive decided not to bother with the factory resets anymore. I did one last week to try and speed the tablet up, and for a week or so it worked, it flew. But within a week the tablet is back to its old laggy self. Considering it took me the best part of 4 hours to copy my 25gb of data on to a HDD, restore it, and also backup and restore my apps I would say it really is not worth it,

Asus if you're listening you REALLY need to sort these lag issues out because factory resets are NOT an acceptable answer!

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by glostermeteor View Post
    I think ive decided not to bother with the factory resets anymore. I did one last week to try and speed the tablet up, and for a week or so it worked, it flew. But within a week the tablet is back to its old laggy self. Considering it took me the best part of 4 hours to copy my 25gb of data on to a HDD, restore it, and also backup and restore my apps I would say it really is not worth it,

Asus if you're listening you REALLY need to sort these lag issues out because factory resets are NOT an acceptable answer!
    I'm in the same boat.
    I loved this tablet for the first 8 mos or so, but recently it has become so laggy (especially when using the keyboard or internet browser) at times it is useless. I've bounced back and forth with aftermarket keyboard apps and different browsers, but any improvement just doesn't seem to last. I've removed and re-added apps, downloaded and watched GSam Battery Monitor to see which apps are running and when, but nothing seems to help. Soft resets have very little effect. I've also spent (considerable) time in doing a full factory reset (converting over to the new desktop, too, btw) but the problems the keyboard lag, web page scanning and web access in general returned very quickly. IS IT THE PROCESSOR?? Is it 'out-of-date" so fast? I get so frustrated at times, I've had to restrain myself from throwing the tablet across the room.

At first, I really, really liked this device. Asus seemed to update the software all the time which I liked. Jellybean looked good at first, but not now. I was all set to buy the new Asus Zenbook Infinity when its released later this year, but now I'm having some serious misgivings about sticking with Asus. Again, I'm very disappointed with this tablet.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    2 times
    Well, we got a new update today from Asus (JP40D.US.epad-10.6.1.27.5-20130902) and so far, fingers crossed, my T300 is behaving very well. The browser is much faster, webpages scroll without hesitation, and keyboard lag is gone. I'm actually typing on it right now and it hasn't hesitated or stalled once. Please, please let these improvements be permanent!

I'm real curious to hear if others who have been having problems are getting the same good results from this update.

Rich

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    10 times
    Just updated mine.....although the Tablet did tell me that the Tablet was "UP TO DATE" when I first went to Update....first impressions are that not much has changed..but i will remain open minded about this Tablet and all its faults. Don't use it much having bought a nice Galaxy Tab2 10.1" which performs much better in every way than this ASUS.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    2 times
    Back with another update. I was very hopeful the last update had cured the annoying lag problems with my Asus, but now its back to where it was before the update. Nothing new added. It just started getting slower and slower again. I run the cleaner app at least once a week and have done cold re-boots but it doesn't help.

Very disappointed. I don't understand how it could have run so good right after the update, but bogged back down over the last two months.

Rich

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by richs10 View Post
    Back with another update. I was very hopeful the last update had cured the annoying lag problems with my Asus, but now its back to where it was before the update. Nothing new added. It just started getting slower and slower again. I run the cleaner app at least once a week and have done cold re-boots but it doesn't help.

Very disappointed. I don't understand how it could have run so good right after the update, but bogged back down over the last two months.

Rich
    About the same as everyone else has noted. Especially when on a wake-up and lots of apps have to go through auto up date. When I first got everyone said app killers aren't necessary as the OS takes care of it now. Well now running one and it seems to help.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    I was also extremely frustrated with the "slowed to a crawl" behaviour, specially after the upgrade. I just went in to Settings>Apps and Stopped and Disabled (IMHO) garbage apps like Hangouts, @Vibe Game, and so on. Did a cold boot and it works well now. Be brutal and kill all those idiotic apps yoou dont use but which keep running. Just ignore the warnings, nothing stops working. Just dont disable core apps. Junk Chrome on this tablet, is a hog on resources.

Am still hopeful of using Tegra with Ubuntu on the TF300T. Anyone tried it yet?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links