Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    1 times

Embarrassed Noob

OK...I got the Tablet Talk to work...same with PDANet, I think...even converted DVDs on PC and transferred to tf300t!
    What I cannot figure out is how to DOWNLOAD a book I bought on Google Play to the microSD card so it is offline for reading without wifi! Also, creating a MicroSD shortcut seems to be eluding me as well...I have File Manager HD, Kindle, Cool Reader, etc...just can't get the book downloaded.

Thanks in advance!

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    13 times
    You cannot download a book to the SD card. That would be far too easy to allow Pirating.
    However anytime you open a book it automatically downloads the book to your device so it is available when not online.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    1 times
    I read that...but, assuming I am reading it right now, where exactly is it or where will it be later and don't I want to "move" it to my microsd card for better storage management?

Banned
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    81 times

Re: Embarrassed Noob

Quote Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
    I read that...but, assuming I am reading it right now, where exactly is it or where will it be later and don't I want to "move" it to my microsd card for better storage management?
    Gumby,
    You may want to move things to your microsd card for better storage management, but such movements are not allowed when piracy problems could result from such movements.When you download a book it goes to the memory built into your tablet (memory that cannot be moved to an external device that could then be used to further replicate the book - piracy). You can download many books to your internal memory, and you would then be able to read each of those downloaded books at your leisure off line. You would not, however, be able to pirate the books and give them or sell them to someone else as you would be if you could move the books to the external memory.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by IdaUte; 02-21-2013 at 09:22 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times

SD card query

Yes, I see what you mean about piracy so what would you put on your SD card for better storage management? I was thinking books and music too - apps possibly but do they work ok from the SD card? I'm new to this too and you obviously don't have the same issue with an android phone. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by IdaUte View Post
    Gumby,
    You may want to move things to your microsd card for better storage management, but such movements are not allowed when piracy problems could result from such movements.When you download a book it goes to the memory built into your tablet (memory that cannot be moved to an external device that could then be used to further replicate the book - piracy). You can download many books to your internal memory, and you would then be able to read each of those downloaded books at your leisure off line. You would not, however, be able to pirate the books and give them or sell them to someone else as you would be if you could move the books to the external memory.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    2320 times
    Welcome to the forum Gumby & jgordon5

In brief, you can store files - be they music, videos, photos, or e books anywhere you like - internal memory or microSD card. But only if they do not have any sort of DRM protection on them.

Paid for books from Google Play or Amazon (Kindle app) will get stored in a location decided by that app. Public domain e-pubs downloaded from Feedbooks, however, (for example) can be stored wherever you wish.

In my signature there are many links, including one on e-reading & also the Master Help Guide which covers file management in a number of situations.

On the Asus version of Android, you cannot "move apps to SD" - but then it is unnecessary as the only restriction on app storage/installation space is the space of the internal flash memory - unlike phones, there is no subdivision of that memory for app installation only.

Hope that helps - and no-one should ever be embarrassed - as someone once said, the only daft question is the one you don't ask.

Enjoy your new devices & the forum.
    Last edited by janner43; 02-21-2013 at 12:15 PM.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Android device personal pantheon...
    SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Razr; CnM Touchpad II; Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Motorola Xoom 2 ME; Samsung Tab 2 7.0

Ads