Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times

TF300t does not turn on, nor seem to charge

So, my tablet will not turn on. I have tried:

1. Long Press of Power button for 60+ seconds
    2. Pwr button+Volume Down for 30+ seconds
    3. Plugging it into the wall for a short period to see if it needed a brief charge
    4. Plugging it into the dock while dock is plugged into the wall for brief charge

I am currently letting it stay plugged into the wall for 1 hour, but I do not know how effective this is because the charge light does not turn on when it is plugged into the standard Asus wall charger that I am using. It literally worked fine this morning and I had it plugged into my keyboard dock and now suddenly it won't turn on.

The wall charger definitely works, when it is plugged into the keyboard dock its charging light turns on.

What are my options? I had saw from previous stickied posts that the keyboard dock will leech off of the tablet when it's own battery dies but that still doesn't explain why the tablet's own charging light does not turn on. Does this indicate a failed device? I purchased a lengthy warranty with the device so I am set as far as getting it replaced if I need to, but there is a great deal of content on the device that I would sorely miss if the entire thing is bricked beyond repair.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    2793 times
    Welcome to the forum!

There are a few options to look into here. It could be your backlight or display went out on you. What happens when you plug the USB cable (charging cable without the wall wart) into a computer? Does the computer recognize new hardware? What about after you hold the power button for 5 seconds and wait a few minutes?

If you have a microHDMI to HDMI cable, try plugging it into a TV to see if that works.

Does the wall wart work to charge other devices? Try it with a cell phone, or other USB device to see if it powers on or charges. If it does not, throw your wall wart in a plastic bag and put it in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes. Then remove it and wait another 10-15 before plugging it in to let it warm up a bit. (yes, sound wonky, but it works!)

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Frederuco View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

There are a few options to look into here. It could be your backlight or display went out on you. What happens when you plug the USB cable (charging cable without the wall wart) into a computer? Does the computer recognize new hardware? What about after you hold the power button for 5 seconds and wait a few minutes?

If you have a microHDMI to HDMI cable, try plugging it into a TV to see if that works.

Does the wall wart work to charge other devices? Try it with a cell phone, or other USB device to see if it powers on or charges. If it does not, throw your wall wart in a plastic bag and put it in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes. Then remove it and wait another 10-15 before plugging it in to let it warm up a bit. (yes, sound wonky, but it works!)
    Well the wall charger definitely works, I used it to charge my phone and it worked. As far as when it is attached to my computer, nothing seems to happen.

I do own a micro hdmi cable, but I am traveling at the moment and do not have it with me.

What is truly frustrating is that it does not respond to anything. No indicator light comes on at all when it is plugged into the wall charger or the computer. No charging light or fully charged light. Are there anymore options left?

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    2106 times
    Sounds potentially problematical to me - I doubt that there will be anything you can do other than return it to Asus or your retailer if the PC does not recognise it in any way.

You do have a small hope of getting some charge into it if you leave the tablet only connected to a switched on PC for 4 hours minimum. That has been known to resurrect a battery to the point when the wall charger will charge it. I would also stop connecting the dock while you have this issue as faulty docks have been known to kill the battery in the tablet.

Sorry to say it, but I think you will be glad you purchased the extended care that you did.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ Android Guides - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Android device personal pantheon...
    SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Razr; CnM Touchpad II; Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Motorola Xoom 2 ME; Samsung Tab 2 7.0

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    184 times
    Do as above and FYI there will be no indication of the TF charging as it needs 12 volts or above to provide visible indication of a charge.
    When all else fails click here http://www.transformerforums.com/for...tml#post177499
    New toy ASUS T100 I'm in learning mode now?
    Tab 32 GB + Dock (mine), LG Optimus V
    ASUS MB P5Q-E (mine home brew PC), HP Desktop (wife's)
    Compaq Lappy (ours)(sitting in corner sad since I got the TF)
    Retired: My week is six Saturdays and one Sunday!

Ads